• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone else unhappy with Lance and Red?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've never battled Red, but Lance wasn't dissappointing.

I think a lot of people are probably surprised about how easy his Dragonite are.

If you're anything like me, you think "oh no, omgwtf Dragonite aargh!!". Then take them out with ease. Then, Aerodactyl, with its' beastly speed and attack, comes in and nearly destroys you!

At least, that's what happens to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    It also seems to me like you had shift mode on by the way you said you just sweeped through them. Just so you know shift mode is basically easy mode (Y)

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I was wayyyy disappointed with Red. the Pokemon League people put up a more challenging and tougher fight than him!

How the battle went for me:

Pikachu-defeated him with a 1-hit KO with my lvl 92 Typhlosion who used the move Eruption.

Blastoise-defeated him with a 1-hit KO with my lvl 91 Raikou-used Thunder (which actually missed the first time)

Venasaur-defeated him 1-hit KO with my Typhlosion, used Eruption again.

Lapras-another 1-hit KO with Raikou, used thunder

Snorlax-took me two moves to defeat, used my event Arceus lvl 100, Roar of time and Spacial Rend

and Charizard- 1-hit KO with my lvl 91 Feraligatr with hydro cannon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Used my Cresselia against Red, honestly! I bet 5 dollars that I can KO him without losing a single Pokemon! The hail slowed me down, tohugh- but I won! Just. Cresselia. His Pikachu didn't have a chance.

Didn't switch and I had set on.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I took on Red with my Jolteon, Pidgeot, Charizard, Ferraligator, Gardevoir, and Metagross. But i only took out my Jolteon, Charizard, and Gardevoir, the rest just layed back and relaxed throughout the battle xD.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • I can take out Lance single-handed with my mewtwo. Calm mind+thunderbolt+ice beam+psychic can demolish him. Red was a little tough but easy with high level pokemon.

Years
  • Actually, they were exactly as I rembered them in Gold. Well, Red was even more over-leveled, but talking about strenght and, above all, fun, I really enjoyed their challenges

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • I wouldn't say Red isn't a challenge if my team is composed of ubers and/or equal/are higher levelled than him. How is he supposed to be a challenge when you suck all the challenge out of it?

Anyways, I haven't fought 2nd Lance yet, and I only challenged Red for the lulz. I'm disappointed that I have to waste a move slot on that god awful Rock Climb just to reach him though >.>

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Ok, first of all, if you use legendary pokemon, OF COURSE they're gonna be easy! Beating the Elite Four, ESPECIALLY LANCE on the first run through was GOD aweful tough! I had to give my graveler a focus sash and EXPLOSION to actually take Lance out! AND IT TOOK ME 5 OR 6 TRIES TO GET IT OFF!!! 20 or so for the whole deal! TOOK FOREVER!!! EVEN WITH A TRAINED LAPRAS!!!

Red, I just Mewtwo raped because I wanted to unlock everything else after him so I could collect my Groudon being pressed for time with the VGCs a couple months away. However, I DID go back and fight him with a non Legendary Team later, and he was pretty damn good. I've always LOVED Red anyways. Best Pokemon Battle Theme ever.

Also, this may not come as a surprise, but my friend did some cheating in his diamond and caught some of the Elite Four pokemon there and I did an IV check on them to find out that all NPC Pokemon have 30 IV ALL ACROSS THE BOARD! However, they are NOT trained. They ARE however, Trained in the Battle Tower/Frontier. Sometimes unorthodoxedly so to prevent you from getting some of the KOs you should.

For example, when I fought Anabel for the Second Time in Emerald: Her Raikou HAD to have been a bold nature with AT LEAST max DEF BECAUSE it survived a Choice Banded Earthquke from my MAX ATK Metagross, and proceeded to set up Reflect.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    People who complain that they are too easy while using ubers has no opinion on the matter. It's like saying "My Charizard beats my friends Charmander, I'm so amazing lololol"

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Fight them with underleveled Pokémon on the Set battle style. using Lv. 100 Ubers and knowing what Pokémon the enemy is going to send out next is no challenge at all, and you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not saying this to the OP, i'm saying it to everyone in general.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • RioKura, the fun fact is that you had one unused pokemon in the Red battle: the only non-Uber in your team.

I had faced him with my normal team which had only one uber (which was Garchomp anyway) and defeated him, but with a lot of hardships. Red wasn't disappointing at all. This was at set battle style though, I like to use that for a challenge. I caught Mewtwo, Groudon, Lugia and Ho-Oh. Trained them a bit and annhilated him. He's easy with ubers.

Lance was disappointing in the first round battle, but the second round battle was very tough. The double battle in Dragon's Den was even tougher (took me 20 tries or so), but that was with Clair.

Back