• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Anyone had that Onix Glitch?

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
  • Sorry that I dont have pictures cause it happened years ago...
    Ok me and my brother were cloning pokemon on crystal then one went bad it was an onix that was a really odd colour and all the text was symbols eg! ?.
    :\

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That does sound weird. A strange color could have meant it was shiny, but as for the name, that's...weird.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I had a different glitch with Onix, once I traded my Onix with a Metal Coat to my friend in Silver and when it evolved it had no name. It was *blank space* the Steelix.

Finnel

Years
  • That can happen to any Pokémon you clone. I cloned my red Gyarados and got an oddly coloured Chikorita.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Hmm, I have never had something like that happen to me but I have had a battle glitch with Gold and Silver where if you unplugged the link cable at the right time it would continue the battle with a lvl 100 butterfree with three health bars. It sucked. xD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    It might of been a glitch or your game by be hack by the missingno. Idk wut to say, but it's a shiny. xD

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I had an odd glitch once. I placed a couple of my pokes in box 22. Thing is, when I placed them there, they disappeared. I could still see them in the "Image" box, but they're names were gone. I couldn't move them back, or put them on my party. a 20 minutes later my game glitched up. When I turned on, the only pokemon I had on my party was a level 76 graveler, which was the first pokemon I put in box 22. The pokemon that should have been in my party was a level 76 feraligtr. Weird. I don't even think box 22 was supposed to be in the game. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Weird but then again cloning causes bad clones sometimes. Though this is the first time I heard of a bad clone of a different colour.

Would you believe I deliberately got a bad clone to mess around with. Someone discovered if you get a bad enough clone and mess around with hex numbers when it came to Pokemon and moves you can change Pokemon with the right method of moving them around and depositing with the bad clone. Got a few celebi's out of it from Sneasel eggs believe it or not. Pity by the time this was discovered most people games were dead due to the battery. So it never really got big plus it's a very complicated glitch and can stuff the game up a bit if done wrong. There's also 2 types of bad clones. One that looks like a bad clone but isn't scrambled enough in the data and doesn't change anything and the other bad clone is so scrambled in the data that depositing Pokemon in the same box of it actually has effect.

The method is floating on some sites that focus on glitches. The most common method is the non egg method. The egg method I researched with some guys on gamefaqs and I find easier to work with. Though I wouldn't recommend either since you are messing with bad clones. I used a spare Crystal I didn't mind glitching and well it's a little glitched due to a side effect. Cancel has a space underneath it in the bag.XD

It was fun messing around with it though.

Last edited:

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Weird but then again cloning causes bad clones sometimes. Though this is the first time I heard of a bad clone of a different colour.

Would you believe I deliberately got a bad clone to mess around with. Someone discovered if you get a bad enough clone and mess around with hex numbers when it came to Pokemon and moves you can change Pokemon with the right method of moving them around and depositing with the bad clone. Got a few celebi's out of it from Sneasel eggs believe it or not. Pity by the time this was discovered most people games were dead due to the battery. So it never really got big plus it's a very complicated glitch and can stuff the game up a bit if done wrong. There's also 2 types of bad clones. One that looks like a bad clone but isn't scrambled enough in the data and doesn't change anything and the other bad clone is so scrambled in the data that depositing Pokemon in the same box of it actually has effect.

The method is floating on some sites that focus on glitches. The most common method is the non egg method. The egg method I researched with some guys on gamefaqs and I find easier to work with. Though I wouldn't recommend either since you are messing with bad clones. I used a spare Crystal I didn't mind glitching and well it's a little glitched due to a side effect. Cancel has a space underneath it in the bag.XD

It was fun messing around with it though.

Huh I have seen that celebi glitch on youtube don't you need pokemon stadium 2? cause if so i would have tried that years ago when i had pokemon stadium 2.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • No, you don't need Pokemon Stadium 2. Just a bad clone (like this Onix) and an egg that has Beat Up as its third move.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Yeah, it does do weird stuff and it could mess up your game a lot. Part of it, when it atually works how you want, involves Pokemon's nicknames and OTs and deleting some Pokemon.

But if you get past it all and if all went well, without too much serious damage, your game should be back to normal.

Back