• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone love lucario?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like Lucario very much. Not because he's popular, I could care less about that. It's because the design and abilities are so cool. The (generally annoying, to tell the truth) fanbase is just a side item.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
    Why do people prefer the non-popular ones...are you guys trying to...stand out?

Well yeah actually, it's because they think they're being unique, but so many people do it nowadays that they've made not liking popular things popular and in a weird way have defeated the purpose, it's real confusing.

Back on topic, I like lucario, it's a metal karate dog that shoots hadokens! I even have one on my team, it rips through half of .gamer's team after a swords dance. :classic:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I like Riolu better, anyone want it I have a Shiny Riolu (so you can also evolve it into Lucario) I'll trade it for something

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I don't like him because he's the new favorite. I hate Pikachu for the same reason: it really bugs me when a poke breaks all the rules and learns EVERYTHING. Lucario has even stolen signature moves that made lame monsters unique, like Bone Rush. Its just a little unbalanced, and it bugs me. He should have SOME limits.

Well yeah actually, it's because they think they're being unique, but so many people do it nowadays that they've made not liking popular things popular and in a weird way have defeated the purpose, it's real confusing.

Actually, people have been doing that for years; it isn't anything new, nor is it focused specifically on Pokermans.

Its called synchronized non-conformity and all the kids do it all the time =))

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Generally speaking, the more popular and overused (talking about by n00bs over wifi, not necessarily in competitive tiers) a pokemon is, the more I despise it. Lucario is no exception, although I do have to admit that while he is overused, he does have the stats and movepool to justify it.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    lucario...well lets see
    When i first saw him in mystery of mew..i was like OMG !! wat a pkemon...!!
    then used him a bit in platinum...great typing...then got bored of him :(..
    but seriously ...he's a good pokemon...there's nothing to hate him ..he sure hell is a bit overrated but i still like him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I used to.

But Riolu is sooo cute!!!!(in the anime, the Aura Sphere one with it's wood carving was a tear-jerker).

So...I like Lucario, but I prefer Riolu (especially the Aura Sphere one)

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    I'm a big fan of Lucario and have been since the start of the 4th gen.

Its earned a place up in my top ten most favored pokemon, which tend to be made up of both very popular and not so popular pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I had a Riolu. It evolved into Lucario. I put it back in the pkmn box. Thus, I do not care for it.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
    Lucario is my favorite fighting-type. I love it's design, and it's powerful especially with the right Evs.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I agree about the design, story, Riolu, and all that. The only thing is that mine has poor defence, dies too quick. I mean weak to Fire AND Flying, come on!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ^: He's not weak to flying. Allow me to help: Steel. Neutral damage.

The Red Chain

I really don't see the hype about him, but that's just me.
    The only thing I really like about it is it's appearance.

Lucario's popularity is prolly gonna get replaced by Zoroark after the movie is out.
    Zoroark is already getting a lot of hype just like Lucario did when it's movie was revealed.

Ella

Bidoof Stomper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I like Luc, but I haven't used him yet. I was thinking about using him on my next Plat run but it just takes too long for him to become available. He's a really good pokemon though, and his popularity is certainly deserved, both in and outside the game.

Back