• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone making a yellow hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Ive made sceptile sprites if you want to use them. There Edited rse sprite

Years
    lugia_master said:
    They suck.Those are horrible,bad shading,(even for a devamp) and it looks...just bad.
    If you're going to criticize someone's sprites, then please make it constructive criticism - just saying they're "bad" doesn't help a person out at all, and is generally unneeded.

As for my own critique on these: I'd suggest taking a look at some actual yellow version sprites, just to get a better idea of how these should look. These have too many colors, for one; all sprites from the first generation of games have a maximum of four colors (black, white, plus two shades of gray or any other color). As well, they also need more in the way of outlines - yellow sprites have a black outline, with the darker of the two colors dotting it in places (can't quite describe it properly, but again, take a look at a yellow sprite). Just keep practicing, and you'll get things eventually. :)

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
    Years
    I find it funny how some people think R/B/Y sprites didnt have shading. Look it needs shading and an outline. It currently looks like a green blob in the shape of sceptile. It needs to be a bit bigger also. 1.2/10

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Sceptile Remade

yellow and silver sceptile

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2017
    They are a bit better, you sorta worked on the shading a bit, but still, they aren't too good. you need to try and use paint and get a thin black line, and work on the pkmn G/S shading aswell. overall, a...4/10 for silver, you need to have a thin black line and a little more...gold/silver likeness and 4.2/10 for yellow sprite, as it looks ok, but the black line and the shading still need work, and I cant see its eye very much. Also, try making it look like a yellow sprite, make it look, older. overall, a 30/100 for you...

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Smaller...

I Should Admit They Do Look Bad But Sceptile Is A Hard Pokemon To Devamp...Start With Something Easy Like An Azuril Or Some Other Small Pokemon With Less Color...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back