• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

April Fools

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    After calming down, I loved the idea! Even though I fell for it.... hard... =/

I will just be careful next year and be more vigilant...

So let me get this straight, you guys demodded yourselves, angered many patrons of PC, and risk of a mass Exodus, just for a prank? Now that's awesome!

But, could there be an emblem for those who got fooled... hard?
    I'm still trying for thr " I asked to be mod" emblem, which exists.

Honestly, the style change angered me more than the whole mod thing.

For you razor leaf, OMG I H8 YOU GUYS UR SO DUMB!! ERGHHHHH!!!! JK, that prank is hilarious in retrospect.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I didn't notice Lerroux existed until like four days ago lol.

Also the PC skin thing wasn't that good imo, I didn't even get that it was based off Facebook until I was told on irc.

But the rest of the stuff was gold, even though I didn't fall for it.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I only lurked around yesterday, but this year's prank was ingenious. You receive my applause, PC.

Years

I'm still trying for thr " I asked to be mod" emblem, which exists.

Honestly, the style change angered me more than the whole mod thing.

For you razor leaf, OMG I H8 YOU GUYS UR SO DUMB!! ERGHHHHH!!!! JK, that prank is hilarious in retrospect.

Well, it might not be the I asked to be a mod emblem, but it looks like people that PMed a Mod Application (myself included, I suppose), are getting an emblem for the prank.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I had this nagging suspicion that the whole thing was a joke to begin with so I simply waited it out. The story about someone suddenly coming out of nowhere and becoming dictator sounded a bit fishy so I was pretty quick to catch on.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
    Yes! Emblem that looks like feces (literally)! F YEA!!!!!

Well played Modz, well played.

Wow... I still feel stupid for thinking this was real.. I wasn't like " OMG PC IS DEAD OMGWTFBBQ!!", But more like " might as well throw my name into the mod hat"

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    " might as well throw my name into the mod hat"
    The thing is that if something like this actually happened, the site would die, and there would be no point in modding anyway.

My favorite part about this whole thing is that I got to hang out with a bunch of people that I never really talk to on the forum, and I was reminded how important this place actually is to me. :D

Also, I got the very last post in the fake mod section. :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    The thing is that if something like this actually happened, the site would die, and there would be no point in modding anyway.

My favorite part about this whole thing is that I got to hang out with a bunch of people that I never really talk to on the forum, and I was reminded how important this place actually is to me. :D

Aww, this post ended up at the end of the page, now no one will see it. D:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think this years prank was a bit over the top. It made me scared of the staff for a moment, before I realized that it couldn't possibly be true. Well planned and staged though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, it might not be the I asked to be a mod emblem, but it looks like people that PMed a Mod Application (myself included, I suppose), are getting an emblem for the prank.

Yup, anyone who PMed an application (sorry, can't check if you PMed AFTER I posted it in the fake lounge) or posted one got an emblem. :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think this years prank was a bit over the top. It made me scared of the staff for a moment, before I realized that it couldn't possibly be true. Well planned and staged though.

I dunno, personally I think this was pretty tame in comparison to what could've been done. XD;;;

Years
    I thought it was pretty good. It lacked in some areas but overall it was pretty convincing.
    Just try not screw up posting permissions next time.

Also the PC skin thing wasn't that good imo, I didn't even get that it was based off Facebook until I was told on irc.
    I think it was suppose to be bad so it'd annoy people?
    But yea, buttons based on like buttons next time!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That'd be my fault for forgetting supporters/bloggers exist as a separate usergroup, but that made it more amusing after a while though tbh. XD

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years

That's part of the reason why I liked this, too.

I talk to some people now, that I didn't talk with at all beforehand, and had a chance to interact more with some of the mods whom I never really see, due to not visiting their areas much, or not seeing them in the rest of the actual lounge. v_v It's an issue that mods and h-staff sometimes don't mesh much. ;; It also made me realize how stressed people would be, myself included, if something like this ever did happen. Not that Rukario, nor the other admins would let it, but yeah. xD

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    Just as I thought. xD

It's always fun to have some April Fools Day thingy on the first of April. I could tell that it was almost a repeat of the one in 2008, where everyone was a powerless staff member. Ah, those were good memories. xD

When I noticed that it was April 1st... I decided to check PC to see what the April Fools Day prank was, and there I saw Lerroux... which I had this feeling it was one of the staff members pretending to be a different person via an alt account. xD As if things looked messed up, I knew they wern't. It was such a fun prank to see. It really did catch my attention. xD

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    hmmm

it was silly and stupid Joke. I actually thought that it had a chance of being true and well to be fair I kinda wished it would be more straight trick and nothing like this one that seemed to be insulting to our intelligence!

Personally I did not found it funny and only thought it was annoying!

Back