• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

April Fools

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Nah, they would never remove that forum. It's what makes PC unique, and what got PC a lot of its members.

Tbh it's sad all of this is over I can't spam now :(

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Bahaha I loved this years April Fools.
    Good show chaps. I hope you enjoyed my mod application, it was fun to write~

I knew it was a prank like right away mainly due to the whole Lerroux joining in March 2012... That and no one here would allow that to occur, it was good though, there was a few moments where I was like "... Wait.."
    It was hilarious to see people actually taking it seriously though.....
    But yeah, loved it, you were all very good in the acting department, especially Drew (but what do you expect?) and Kaori's whining to me outside of the forums about how Nica hates her made it very believable!

Bring on next years <3

Years
    Haha, well done. The entire time I was reading, I thought it had to be an April Fool's joke but it was really elaborate and well thought out - enough so that it made you wonder if there was actually some truth to it, regardless of the date.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Probably me. I replied to quite a lot of the VMs. But if not, I think only one or two other mods did.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Well played, PC, well played. I'm glad I went along with this because it's no fun if you don't! If the moderator applications didn't happen I would have completely fallen for it, too.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

But you know what was the most hilarious thing? Mr. Cat Dog's posts. "As ex-smod and official Fuhrer of the Pokecommunity, I say **** this ****!" Favorite mod now! :D
    Well, as I wasn't going to be around for most of the day itself, I needed to have my fun somewhere! Glad you liked it.

TY

I knew it was a joke, how could it else happen on April 1st xD...

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Trolling level: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. That was brilliant, you totally got me in that one. Well done :D /applaud

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    it was silly and stupid Joke. I actually thought that it had a chance of being true and well to be fair I kinda wished it would be more straight trick and nothing like this one that seemed to be insulting to our intelligence!

Personally I did not found it funny and only thought it was annoying!
    Now now, if it were so silly and stupid, you wouldn't have thought that it had a chance of being true, now would you? :P

The point of this prank was to shock people if they believed it, and it was successful. You may not have liked it, but most people don't really like being pranked.

In reflection, I think it was brilliantly stages, so congratulations you got me there. But I did have my suspicions. If the AA's had the power to stop Lerroux in his tracks then why didn't they? I mean the lack of even an attempt to stop him I believe made it a little bit evident it was a joke. Nevertheless, it did get me, haha I feel a bit stupid now. :x If this did happen though, seriously, I would still stand by what I did. In fact I still do, but now to know it was a joke is a bit of a relief. A positive I think, is that we've come to realise just how many people really care for the community. It distinguishes those who are inferred to focus on themselves more than the community, from those who are the opposite. (Not thats its bad or anything.)

But yeah, this year has been a memoreable April Fools, so thanks, it's been...interesting.
    Lerroux had been 'blackmailing' Steve to the point where Steve would willingly unban Lerroux after I had banned him. People did try to stop him, but with the owner of the forum on his side (through no choice of his own), it became very impossible for it to keep it that way.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I still wanted the epic ending where the H-Staff banded together and banned Lerroux and restored order, then pretended it wasn't an April Fools joke at all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still wanted the epic ending where the H-Staff banded together and banned Lerroux and restored order, then pretended it wasn't an April Fools joke at all.

That would have been something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    This is a very realistic prank! I fell for it...Why would the prank be like this? It got me all feeling...
    "I should leave PC. This forum's getting out of hand."

Cid

Years
    Copying off my usertitle from yesterday: What an April Fools' joke.
    It was fun to read the fake forum and see all the work put into it, and I really applaud the staff for doing their best in beating the April Fools' pranks PC's had in the past. I was already looking forward to it when I realized March was over, so I was only pranked, surprised and shocked for like five seconds...I think. XD

I think this years prank was a bit over the top. It made me scared of the staff for a moment, before I realized that it couldn't possibly be true. Well planned and staged though.

I actually agree with this, though. Those five seconds of fear were unnerving, to say the least. Even after realizing it, I still think some of the jokes were too much, namely the ones that personally hit !members (I'd understand mods jokingly teasing their own because they were in on it, but teasing members wasn't really a nice thing to watch). D:

Still, a nice April Fools'. One thing I'm happy about is how it reminded me to check out on Google's and other sites' pranks. And I enjoyed those, too. :P

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I'm with Vrai. I was waiting for Rukario for come around and say, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" And end it in one fell swoop.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    >Worst april fool's prank ever
    >still ****ing enjoyed it anyways

I love you PC <3 I promise I'll post more once the school year is over.

Back