• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

April Fools

Years
    Got to say you guys sure did an amazing job of sticking your ground and making it believable all the way through! :P I personally fell for it for about 30 mins then read the staff lounge conversations and just started laughing! After that I realized this was a major prank and just wanted to watch at how long all the mods could hold out. Surprisingly you all answered everything pretty well and got a bunch of the community to fall for it, so kudos to all of you! :P

One thing I did realize though is i'v only been here for a couple months and already started to really like the place. The community is honestly the best i'v seen and even the moderators are too great for words. (during when I was believing it all I was getting ready for a rage rant to get all the moderators back :P) You know the moderators are great when the community forms a rebellion for them to over through a mad man. :P Just wanted to say thanks to all the moderators for being so awesome! :)

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    I ain't even mad. I thought I'd be angrier, but I ain't even mad. Just relieved. Bravo, PC. Bravo.

Years
    You had me good for half the day xD
    But well done, PC. What for? Why, for making us endure the destroyal of one of the best websites around! :P
    I'll miss the new Elite Overlord Lerroux though....

(By the way, I won't really.
    Elite Overlord Lerroux should be champion of the next region...)

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
    Years
    *Laughing* Didn't believe it for one second, but I did have the paranoia to save 10+pages of an rp onto Word x,DD

It was free amusement to read the comments. I enjoyed this prank a lot. Goes to show Moderators can be fun, and they shouldn't be feared xDD

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Gotta say it's the most creative joke I've seen in a good while. Though, as some know, I didn't enjoy it too much due to personal reasons. My biggest concern about it all was and is the fact that despite how it was a joke, a lot of people are going to be distrusting of the staff around here because it took so long for the humor itself to take hold. This'll probably create instances like members not knowing when a Mod(+) is serious or not about an issue. Also, yeah: some people are gonna be turned away despite the fact. And I doubt it's a lack of humor or a dislike of the staff humor-- people just are cautious and defensive, which tbh, is a natural response to something like this prank.

Well done though. All phenomenal acting and very well-planned. The New Staff Lounge was a nice touch.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I am so glad it was all a joke.
    You all got me. I was dreading checking PC today for fear that everything really had gone to hell. ;o;

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I was skeptical but the dates had me doubting haha, anyways just relieved that it's not real XD

User19sq

I've gotta admit, the prank was pretty psychotic, going as far as to scar a few regular members here, like Hikari10. It was well pulled off, save for a few minor faults like time and poorly-prepared pieces of evidence, like Lerroux's profile and the fake staff section.

But aside from that, it was pretty damn entertaining to watch. And I'm a little happy I applied to mod, because it gave me a chance to work on my interview skills but I now have an embarrassing emblem to show for it XDDDDDDDDD.

I just hope that next year's prank, if any, is a bit more skillfully pulled-off and less bloody than this year's. Just saying. ^^;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Some of y'all are big party poopers. Seriously. I don't like AFD as much as the next guy, but lighten up, some of you. That's really all I gotta say on this.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I've gotta admit, the prank was pretty psychotic, going as far as to scar a few regular members here, like Hikari10. It was well pulled off, save for a few minor faults like time and poorly-prepared pieces of evidence, like Lerroux's profile and the fake staff section.

But aside from that, it was pretty damn entertaining to watch. And I'm a little happy I applied to mod, because it gave me a chance to work on my interview skills but I now have an embarrassing emblem to show for it XDDDDDDDDD.

I just hope that next year's prank, if any, is a bit more skillfully pulled-off and less bloody than this year's. Just saying. ^^;

Huh? I thought it was incredibly well-prepared for a forum April Fool's joke. ;(

User19sq

Huh? I thought it was incredibly well-prepared for a forum April Fool's joke. ;(
    Well, everything started on the morning of March 6, 2012. That on its own is pretty suspicious. Not only that, but Lerroux's profile was too dull; the only thing customized about it was the username and bio. Finally, no one got banned or infracted. The only one who did get banned was an alternate account, if I do recall.

It's the minor things that ruin the magic. I just wish I saw it all before I fell for the trick. XD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Taro, I got banned, and I am no alternate account. :O
    I thought it was a little over keen and lead to it being easy figured out by people, but it took a butt load of effort for preparation and carrying it out, so props staff!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Well, everything started on the morning of March 6, 2012. That on its own is pretty suspicious. Not only that, but Lerroux's profile was too dull; the only thing customized about it was the username and bio. Finally, no one got banned or infracted. The only one who did get banned was an alternate account, if I do recall.

It's the minor things that ruin the magic. I just wish I saw it all before I fell for the trick. XD

Well... that's when Lerroux joined? Makes sense to me... perhaps there could have been a little lead-up into that but it was fine imo lol. And customization of -anything- should really not be taken as a legitimacy thing, lol. I know some people who very much like not having their profiles and such overdone.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I just wanted to point out that Kaori hasn't been reinstated.

Also, this was the first time I was around for anything April Fools and it was pretty epic.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

I don't get your point @ profile thing. It was pretty clear that Lerroux wasn't here to look pretty like every other PCer out there - he just wanted to administrate. Why would he bother customising his profile? I mean I'm just a mod and I don't bother customising my profile most of the time - if I was here simply for admin duties I know I definitely wouldn't bother.

moments.' ban was legitimate and not an alternate account.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    best prank ever!!! Glad to see that this April Fools joke was successful, and a lot of people fell for it.
    Even though I sort of knew , I fell for it.
    Well played Modz, well played.

Seeing as this years prank was so good... I just can't wait for next year!!

Years
    I never doubted that it was a prank, and I don't see how other people could. Even if this has been 'going on for a month', for it to culminate on the first is silly. If you hadn't have changed the theme, however, might have been a different story.

I give props to how much work was put into it, but I have to say it's just a step too far. "har har an overlord!" is funny, but when the rest of the day is spent wishing everyone would just shut up about it and stop trying to "convince" people, it's just tiring. That and I don't really find drama to be the funniest thing, even if it's fake. Having been part of a staff quarrel on a different forum, it's not a fun situation for anybody.

Blah blah /end party pooper post

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Awww, I was hoping you would keep it going just long enough to worry those who were on the fence about it's veracity. But anyway, time is still of the lettuce.

Back