• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

April Fools

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • April Fools

As evident by my signature, I'm kinda one of the people who rage-quitted. X'D I do think you deid overstep it though. Alas, PC is my home. On a more positive notice, I had a very strong attitude of "It's definitely a April Fools Joke!" to begin with. :p I guess I'm gonna stay. HEEEEEEY, now I've gotta get a new avatar and signature (stupidly didn't save my last one.) XD
    Also, Went, you're evil. XD I had no idea AT ALL that you were Lerroux. XD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Some of them the people that were legitimately trying to become mods though... >.>

I suppose it is their own fault though. lol

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • One of the better pranks I've seen ahaha. Could have gone without the last part, but where's the fun in not embarrassing anyone, right? Well played, PC. Pretty ingenious.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Yeah, it was pretty well planned and I rather enjoyed it myself until the last part there. I'll give you props for sure.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Every website does pranks though o_O Google/Youtube/Bulbapedia/etc. There's basically no site that won't do any pranks, lol. :x So it's really nothing out of the ordinary really...

Plus PC's done pranks for like 7 years now. :x

AND YES LOKI I FELT THE SAME ABOUT TODOROKI :)

Google and Youtubes were small and harmless. Bubapedia got a lot of crap from last years and did a small joke this year. PC permanently damaged its reputation with people that come here for serious research and news.

If it weren't for the community here presenting me with better sources of info that I need I would have left as well.

And there are sites that don't do pranks specifically so they don't lose members. My site didn't do any 1) Because I dislike them, 2) Because last time we did it we lost a large chunk of members ourselves.

Its disrespectful to the members and guest.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Of course... =\ Many emotions are raging up inside of me right now....

V_V 0_o ._. >.< T_T -.-" v_v ;_; ;.;

WHY PC, WHY!!!!! =(

Sorry about that... Now, let me huddle in the corner right now, cry, and regret.... ;.;

But great April Fool's prank!

Sanguinius

Lt. Ral
    Years
  • This is a prime reason why I greatly dislike this "holiday"

I really do hope you guys planned to have your very reputation take a huge hit with this ploy. Everyone I initially invited will not be returning, although its a fairly small number compared to what you may have for the actual forum, that's somewhere around 20 people that have permanently blocked this site from their browsing. Nor will I be referring any new people here as it makes me look bad to invite friends and people I know to a site that conducts very childish pranks.

I know some people will post LOL U MAD or Awww butthurt? and honestly no, I'm not. I did however lose a lot of respect for the site and its Staff. Bad business is simply bad business.

Have to disagree with you on that one. While I saw through it relatively quickly, as I'm suspicious of everything on April 1st, I thought it was pretty good nonetheless. Also, even a quick google search on the name 'Lerroux' ought to have clued in anyone who didn't already know Spanish history offhand. I thought it was pretty well executed and funny, myself >>

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years
  • Some of them the people that were legitimately trying to become mods though... >.>

I suppose it is their own fault though. lol
    I was fooled. I was skeptical though when they nominated me for the forum I said I didn't want to mod though. Lol, as I said before, y'all got me good.
    Lerroux could have still accepted my friend request, no reason to ignore it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That! WAS MASTER TROLLING!

Congratulations on such a successful, epic April Fool's prank. It was so much fun, and not to mention, at times a bit frustrating too ^_^ I'm sure everyone loves you now, Lerroux!

Wow, you've just blown me away. Great job, and well hidden. Although I'm still questioning... does Forever really hate Kaori? :P

Nope, I explained that in the second post that it's all a lie. ;;

Oh right Yagerbomb, I did that and I sorta skimmed and misread as you wanting it, sorry lool.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Actually, I thought that you guys actually pulled it off convincingly, but I honestly felt that that was a little too much. If a joke got too serious, it wouldn't be called a joke now, would it? I mean, at first I did like it, but some members seemed to take it way too serious, which made the whole idea not funny anymore.

However I noticed that Lerroux's join date and the sudden emergence of the New Staff Lounge was too much of a coincidence. :P

I'm glad that this was cleared up (a little late though methinks).

Edit: Oh yeah, some of the threads in the New Staff Lounge were quite enjoyable to read. B)

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
    Years

• Nope, I explained that in the second post that it's all a lie. ;;

Oh right Yagerbomb, I did that and I sorta skimmed and misread as you wanting it, sorry lool.

No problem, it was fake anyway. Pretty much all the things I put in there were false anyway.

Edit: lerroux is my friend now. Yaa!!
    Edit again: no he is only a contact of mine. :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Glad to see that this April Fools joke was successful, and a lot of people fell for it. I pretty much dismissed it as a joke right away, but had fun playing along by pretending to suck up to Lerroux in the Mod Application thread (and using "invisible" background colored text).

I also sent in a fake PM to become a mod (read the capital letters).
    Spoiler:

I do think there were that sent in PMs that actually fell for it though. Either way, this was the best prank I've seen online in a long time, and looking forward to next years'!

Years
  • Another thing to add, all 30-some staff members who either "resigned" or were "fired" were aware of the prank. Wait, beaten to it.

And a tip for any potential rage-quitters: you'll probably feel silly about raging over a prank on a Pokemon forum in a few weeks, so just keep calm. We didn't do anything more than embarrass a few people who are part of a community that's pretty lax in atmosphere and most members are nice enough that they won't mock you for falling for the prank. Maybe April Fool's isn't for you, but many on staff felt that we wanted to do something that would top last year's SerebiiCommunity prank, since it's kind of a tradtion around these parts. Hundreds of major websites get in on the pranking action all across the web every year, as do quite a few traditional media outlets. It's kind of a big thing, ya know.

And to reiterate something else that has already been said:

We were aware that the fake staff lounge was going to be 100% public, so any opinions on members expressed in there are 99% likely to not be true at all. Can't speak for every staff member, but I know everything I posted in there was 100% acting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh yeah definitely, I was just making up things based on stereotypes of mods there, lol. It was definitely fun to create viewing pleasure for you guys though :)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Ok, you got me with Lerroux. Happy April fool's. *snorting in laughter* but I still hate him for demodding Alex, even if it is a joke.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Seriously, I love you guys for thisxD April Fools day always tops is one my favourite holidays, and this has been the most legit prank I have ever seen. Even though I play huge forum pranks like these on other forums, I'm oblivious to the ones where I'm not in the prank.
    Deep down I had a feeling it was an April Fools prank, but the fact that you guys have been planning this for a month... well it's really played off.

Gosh I haven't had this much excitement for a while, just wants me to get off my school hiatus a week early :P
    Seeing as this years prank was so good... I just can't wait for next years one!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Even though I sort of knew , I fell for it.
    Really good job guys this was probably the best April Fools Day I had in a while.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • After calming down, I loved the idea! Even though I fell for it.... hard... =/

I will just be careful next year and be more vigilant...

So let me get this straight, you guys demodded yourselves, angered many patrons of PC, and risk of a mass Exodus, just for a prank? Now that's awesome!

But, could there be an emblem for those who got fooled... hard?

Years
  • Bubapedia got a lot of crap from last years and did a small joke this year.

You don't go to our (Bulbagarden) Forums much do you? The past 2 years pranks there have been heck of a lot more disruptive than PC's with outright Forum replacements with new ones and such plus taking out posting provisions to the actual forums.

So yeah in terms of craziness PC isn't all that bad. :/

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Hahaha the responses to this are great. Honestly I thought we'd get a way bigger number of members going "omg I hate you all forever" or whatever but it's going down pretty well imo. It was great fun putting the fake Lounge together and posting around as Lerroux and really I'm glad so many people are cool with it.

So let me get this straight, you guys demodded yourselves, angered many patrons of PC, and risk of a mass Exodus, just for a prank? Now that's awesome!
    Yeppp that's more or less the idea of of lol.

But, could there be an emblem for those who got fooled... hard?
    That'd be a lot of emblems to give out from the look of it, an I'd be concerned that a number of people might not want to be reminded that they were pranked in the first place.

SoratheEliteOne

Overlord of Blowing S*** Up
    Years
  • Google and Youtubes were small and harmless. Bubapedia got a lot of crap from last years and did a small joke this year. PC permanently damaged its reputation with people that come here for serious research and news.

If it weren't for the community here presenting me with better sources of info that I need I would have left as well.

And there are sites that don't do pranks specifically so they don't lose members. My site didn't do any 1) Because I dislike them, 2) Because last time we did it we lost a large chunk of members ourselves.

Its disrespectful to the members and guest.

I actually take offense to that, seeing as I planned the damn thing... and I DON'T exactly think anyone left because of giving them Duck Balls.

Places get to be extra trolly one day out of every year, people that take things seriously on a day famous for pranks either have no sense of humor.. or are just gullible. Speaking of which, I'm in your house right now. DON'T TURN AROUND.

Back