• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ar-kay-us or Ar-see-us?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I've heard some of my freinds and some videos on YouTube pronounce Arceus Ar-see-us.
    I personally think that since Arceus is from the beginning of time he is archaic. Ar-kay-ic (marked by the characteristics of an earlier period). Thus the pronunciation of Arceus would be Ar-kay-us. What's your opinion?

Although this does make sense, Ar-see-us rolls off the tongue much easier, so I pronounce it that way.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I swear this thread has popped up at least three times already.

To be a nonconformist, I'll pretend I pronounce it ARK-ee-us.
    But really, I do it in the ARSE-ee-us.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I've always pronounced it as Ar-see-us...

It's one of those names that you have no way of knowing how to pronounce it. Like Gardevoir and Rayquaza.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I think it should be able to be pronounced both ways
    or we could just wait for it to be pronounced in the anime

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Ar-see-us is how I pronounce it. I'm thinking it would be correct because, as stated earlier, the original Japanese writing, アルセウス (A-ru-se-u-su), would translate to that pronunciation.

Back