• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arcanum OOC

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
RHCP- i have readed it over again already and now fully understand it :3 no worries

DeepImpact- you know? You pretty much have good point there xD i'm gonna work on the SU like... Right now? Haha

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Name | Alabaster Bell

Age | 15

Gender | Male
Guardian | Reshiram
643.gif

Starter | Eevee, female + Mimic
133.gif

Appearance | One-minute sketch of Alabaster...
Spoiler:

A bit shorter than the average 15-year old boy, and also pretty skinny. Never really having been a sportive person, Alabaster doesn't have much in the way of muscles, which can become a problem for him in times when he tries to lift stuff or climb things. Yes, it happens. Luckily, he's average condition is at least good enough for him being able to run for quite a while without becoming exhausted. His skin is a bit darker than most others in Januvale. It has to do with his mother, who is an outlander, having dark skin, even though his father is as pale as anyone could be.

On Alabaster's head grows an, according to Mrs Bell, impenetrable bush of spiky black hair. He never styles it even though he knows he probably should sometimes. He claims that he would ruin it anyways when he puts on his goggles. He has constructed a pair of qualitative and very tech-looking goggles that he uses every now and then and thus keeps on his head whenever he thinks he'll need them. They have night vision, light reducing vision - meaning when it's too bright, like sunglasses! - heat vision and some other more or less useless features. They break sometimes, since Alabaster has installed a very good power source that lasts for a long time but overpowers the goggles once every now and then. Anyways, the goggles have a black elastic band and around the glasses there are golden and metal silver rings and bolts. The miniature machine sits inside the metal case. Well, it's kind of complicated and only Alabaster really understand how it works. More on that later.

His eyes are big and bright and slightly less slanted than for other Arcanians. They have an almost golden color. On his journey, he wears black pants similar to the rival in BW2 but with two zip pockets on each side at the front, as well as back pockets. He also created a light brown leather belt with built in special magnets that would let one keep 6 pokéballs on them for easy access. Not that he thought he would ever need it... He was mostly planning on selling the design. On his upper body, he wears a white, buttoned shirt with long sleeves, and a yellow tie. Yes, he likes to use ties because it makes him look at least slightly more decent. The shirt is sometimes tucked in but most often not. In his left ear, he has one silver dot and one golden dot as earrings. For shoes, he has a pair of black leather boots that he has experimented with until they accidentally became dust- and water repelling. They are almost unbearably shiny now, but at least they'll keep him dry and clean.

Personality | Alabaster Bell is somewhat of a child prodigy. Both his parents were decently intelligent people, but it was soon apparent that their young son was a genius when it came to some things. He never has trouble in school, finding languages and maths stimulating rather than tough. Some other subjects, he could care less about though, like sports or history which his mother teaches. He has always had a bit of a rough time with other kids; it's the price he paid for his intelligence, he sometimes said and shrugged during his childhood even. He is regarded as eccentric and somewhat oblivious to other people's feelings, when the truth is that he just chooses not to care very much. It has troubled his parents sometimes, but since he's not a complete douchebag, he wasn't downright bullied and thus lived pretty well overall.

Alabaster puts his brilliant mind into two things rather than sports or girls or stuff that "normal" 15 year old boys would care about. One is technology. Alabaster loves eastern and outlandish technology but doesn't like the fact that it pollutes the nature a lot. His creations use completely environment friendly energy sources and he would gladly explain the theory and processes to anyone who would listen. But he has yet to find anyone in Januvale who cares or is able to understand it.

The other thing is pokémon. Their mysterious powers and abilities fascinate Alabaster just as much as technology does, and he seeks to find ways to combine the two in order to use pokémon's powers as energy for his creations. Since he doesn't own any pokémon yet, he has only been experimenting a little for real, finding the occasional friendly wild pokémon or a classmate's pet. Most of his work in this area are just theories yet. It's not just their powers though. Alabaster admits that he finds pokémon cute and cool and some part of him dreams of going on a pokémon journey.

Despite being a bit too smart for his own good, Alabaster isn't an unfriendly or snobby character. Rather, he is quite easygoing and might do things that other people think is crazy once in a while, either because he has calculated inside his head that it's not as dangerous as others think it is, or because he likes the thrilling feeling he gets when he's doing something stupid. That last part is quite a flaw in his being - he's a sucker for impossible challenges.

History | Alabaster's mother is an outlander. She is from Johto's Ecruteak City and has always been fairly traditional, praying to Ho-Oh and other legends and spirits at times. She now works as a teacher in Alabaster's school, teaching children the history of other regions as well as of Arcanum. Mr Bell is Arcanian, but not a very traditional one. He owns a workshop in Januvale Town where he and some other people repair the villagers' stuff and even occasionally sell some of Alabaster's inventions. The Bell Workshop is where Alabaster usually hang about on his free time, helping his father out or creating new stuff.

His parents met when they were pretty young and Miss Bell came to Arcanum on a journey with her family. She met Alabaster's father by coincidence and they somehow fell in love, despite seeming very different. They lived in Junelane for a while, until their son was born. Then they moved to Januvale because Mrs Bell wanted their child to grow up in a calm, traditional place as the Arcanian he was. Not in a modern town like Junelane. Mr Bell wasn't as happy, but since people generally aren't very tech-savvy in Januvale, his business is doing good as he practically monopolizes that service. Mrs Bell was a pokémon trainer briefly when she was younger, like most people in Johto. Mr Bell has never owned a pokémon.

That was mostly about his parents, but Alabaster's own history has mostly been summed up in the Personality section.

Introduction |

It was a hot afternoon when the sky was blue and the sun shone strong, that it happened. Alabaster cheered loudly from within the open garage in the Bell Workshop. People on the street stopped and glanced with worried looks at each other and at the garage. They all knew it was that Bell boy now again. What could he have done this time?

Before anyone could form a decent theory, a blue Electrike dashed out and disappeared down the street before anyone could stop it.

"HAY! WAIT UP! HAY!" Alabaster yelled and came out after it with a bright smile on his lips. "It worked! Don't you want to see the results I recorded?" He stopped in the middle of the street, barefoot and with his rather dirty shirt not tucked in properly. People around him shook their heads and continued with what they were doing. Alabaster smiled and nodded to them. "Hello. Good day. How are you doing?"

Eventually, he went back inside and turned his newest machine off. He had been using a class mates Electrike to gather pokémon's electricity for storing inside a tiny crystal. However, the crystal had begun crackling back, electrocuting both the boy and the dog momentarily. That had been enough to scare the pokémon away, sadly. But still, the tiny crystal was shining now. Alabaster whistled happily as he went on to disassemble the goggles that lay on a desk, and replace the rather poor battery inside with this new crystal. Sure, he hadn't run any tests on it yet, but what would be better than to actually try it out for real? Tests were for boring laboratories. His science was a practical one!

Having put together the pair of goggles again, he tried them out. Their features worked as before, if not even sharper. He flipped between them until he heard a voice speak to him. Still wearing the goggles with the heat vision on, he turned around to see his father looking at him with a disappointed look.

"Hay dad! I can see that your face is quite hot today. But then again, so is the air around you. Hm, I gotta improve the-"

"Come out," Mr Bell said.

Alabaster was led out onto the street where his classmate's mother stood with a still rather agitated Electrike. She scolded the boy for having lured their pokémon away without permission. When he said that the pokémon had wanted to come on its own, she called him an idiot and said that the pokémon was their property and not something that could decide for itself. Alabaster's mind registered that she was of a too low intelligence to bother arguing with, so he apologized and put on a sad face. Eventually, the woman and the dog left and Mr Bell just sighed before going back into the garage.

Alabaster stood on the street for a while and looked up at the sky. He saw a cloud that looked like an Electrike. Wonder what it would be like to fly up there. I should build a flying machine! After that sudden thought, he turned around on the spot to run back into the workshop, but he collided with someone on the street. Looking up, he recognized the man as no other than Joresh Ja. A hermit, kind of, but probably quite smart.

"Oh, hello!" he said with a smile. "You didn't see me there."

Joresh raised an eyebrow. "Certainly not," he said with a studying look. His gaze fell upon the strange mark on Alabaster's right wrist. "That is..." he said, eyes widening.

"Oh, don't mind this. It's really strange and I haven't been able to find a logical explanation to it yet, so I've just postponed thinking about it until I get a good sudden idea."

"I can tell you what it is," Joresh Ja said and completely got Alabaster off track.

"You... uh, you can?"

The man grabbed Alabaster's arm and pulled him with him. "Come with me. We'll speak somewhere more private."

Alabaster let himself be dragged away until he remembered: "Sure, but waaait... Can I put on my boots first?"

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
Years
That last post was a bit "meh". But that's what you get when you change your mind at the last minute, I had a different plan but I decided to do some thing else and save that for later. Red please don't award me any levels for that post, I don't think it's worth any. Think that I need to remind myself of Kitaru's character before I make any more posts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That last post was a bit "meh". But that's what you get when you change your mind at the last minute, I had a different plan but I decided to do some thing else and save that for later. Red please don't award me any levels for that post, I don't think it's worth any. Think that I need to remind myself of Kitaru's character before I make any more posts.
We'll see ;) I'll read it in a moment. Ah, I know how it is to have to remind oneself of one's character. Quite annoying when I notice that I've strayed far from their intended personality, not that it's always a bad thing.

Yeah, it's fine. Right now, I'm working on my SU, but I'm so loaded with homework that I don't know if it'll be done today.

Thanks for the heads up, anyways :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Ahaha, me too xD Sometimes I forget who I was RPing and they often start reacting just like I would react, and that becomes kind of awkward tbh xD;;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
mm. It happens sometimes when I'm in too many RPs, or when I'm replying to a RP that isn't very active. I think I have... 6 characters at the moment. Gosh. 3 guys and 3 girls. The guys are fairly unique so they are easy to switch between, but the girs... well, one is a pokémon so that's that. Ok, they aren't very alike after all. Maybe that's why I haven't panicked yet :D

impact where's your posts

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
One of Luke's posts is still the longest I've ever seen :D so I'm excited for what might come now~

Also, I started with Alabaster on Route 10, since that's where Chai were when I dropped her. Eevee got to be lvl 17 because Alabaster hadn't captured any other pokémon and Chai's Leafeon was lvl 17 when they entered Route 10 so I thought it would be ok.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@RHCP: It's kinda funny that your character's name is Alabaster since I have a character in another RP with that name xD

He is a Mankey, so everytime I see you post from now on as him, I'll imagine a Mankey going around instead xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
XD noo... I stuck a crappy picture to the SU so you should get a rough idea of what he looks like (unless you got that from the text). And it's not like a Mankey xD

Alabaster seems to mean... some kind of gips thing. Gips, the swedish word. Har ingen aning om vad det heter på engelska, eller vad alabaster egentligen är XD But it sounds cool.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@RCHP: Menar du ett gips som man har när man brutit benet? Det heter cast på engelska, tror jag...

That picture is the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen, it brings a tear to my eye x,D
Also, is it Alabaster in your signature and avatar?

I'll never be able to look at him as anything else than a Mankey just because I made my Alabaster first, sorry!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
xD jaaa men det var vad nån översättningstjänst på nätet sa att Alabaster betydde. *shrug*

OMG I didn't think of that, but the face in my avatar kind of looks like... though paler... and the hair isn't black... Well imagine a slightly darker skinned and blacker haired version of my avatar (minus the collar) and you have him :3 It's his pants as well xD

But my theme is of the new rival in BW2, duh. hihihiroshi

Sapphire Rose

Years
My SU is almost finished ^^ but it will take me some time to post it when it's done :3 my parents are going to marry today so.... Yeah xD

Sapphire Rose

Years
Name | Ayame Akiko

Age | 16

Gender | Female

Guardian | Zekrom
644.gif

Starter | Kaede + Male + bullet seed
470.png

Appearance |
Spoiler:

Ayame has long black and straight hair. Her blue lonely eyes really suit her personality and suit her hair color. Ayame tends to have a cold look and scares people with it sometimes. She wears a sleeveless white top with a small Golden plate in the middle of her shoulders, it says "Ayame". The cold hearted girl also wears a blue pleated skirt with white high-socks under it. She wears dark blue shoes.

Just like every arcanium Ayame looks a little Asian japanese, mostly because she's kind of Pale, her dark hair color is also the reason.

Personality | Ayame is kind of cold hearted and pretty much shows this by the way she looks at you. She doesn't have many face expressions and almost never smiles. She doesn't really have friends except pokemon and is kind of an Loner. She would like to have some human friends though, but she'll never tell you of show this to you. When Ayame feels lonely she talks to her pokemon, since she did this too when she was very little she can understand pokemon now and interact with them.

Even though Ayame is cold hearted she can be pretty fun too, she's sarcastic at times and makes fun of others sometimes. By interactions Ayame will first act very cold and like she doesn't care at all, later she'll show a little more of herself. Her cold hearted side won't go away ofcourse after some time, but she will start to be there for people when they need her.

Towards Pokemon she will always be kind, since these creatures were her first friends. Sometimes when she talks to pokemon it remind her of the little friends she had, which makes her kind of sad.

History | Ayame is born in Junelane as the daughter of an businessmen and an businesswomen. Her parents were never home and they moved alot of times for the sake of her parent's work. This is the reason that Ayame doesn't have friends, everytime she was about to make a few Ayame and her parents moved away. Ayame never really wanted friends though, the kids around her were mostly mean towards her due her cold attitude.

When Ayame was 8 she and her parents moved away to octowell. She could be found around soul forest most of the time. That's also the place where she met her first friend, a Shiny Poochyena. She went to look for her every day. At first Ayame couldn't understand her at all and had troubles with interacting with her. Later Poochyena showed some more friends, a Shiny larvesta, a Shiny Zorua and a Shiny Vulpix. Ayame tried to interact with them and after some time she could understand them and finally interact with them, Ayame was very happy with her new ability, because she could finally understand her friends.

After a year she moved away again though. This made her very sad and she said goodbye to them the same day. She moved away to Maydale whichs she left already in one year. She now lives in januvale for six years, they didn't move yet because the last few years her parents had business around this town. After six years in the same town she still didn't make new friends, not even pokemon, she wishes to meet her first friends again someday.

Introduction |

It was a very sunny and peaceful day in junavile. There were only a few clouds in the sky and it wasn't too warm or too cold. It was even a peaceful day for the businesspeople who could work outside in their gardens today.

A young girl, around 16 years old walked around town. She looked lonely, but on the other side she seemed to like to be lonely. It didn't take the girl long to enter her own house and walk to her garden where her mother was working on her laptop. 'Where is dad?' She spoke with her soft voice as she sat down next to her loving mother.

'Dad had business on the Arca islands today, he will return tomorrow morning, Ayame.' She replied on her daughter and pecked her forehead.

'Okay...' Ayame stood up again and walked inside to the kitchen to get herself something to drink. Her eyes felt on the strange mark she had on her wrists for already a few days. Ayame didn't quite cared how she got it, it actually looked kind of cool she thought. Ayame got herself some ice tea and made some coffee for her mother and went back to the garden.

She gave her mother the coffee which see seemed to appreciate. 'Thanks sweety.' She patted her thoughtful daughter's head a little and then went back to her work on her laptop.

'I'm going back to the streets...' Ayame told her and left. 'Have fun dear, don't return too late, dinner will be ready in two hours.' The mother told her daughter.

Ayame left and roamed over the streets. It didn't take long before she bumped into a man. 'I'm sorry...' She apologized with her cold attitude, when she looked at the man she noticed it was Joresh.

'Don't worry about it.' He told her while smiling at her a little. He was holding her right wrist so that she wouldn't fall, when he letted go he noticed the strange mark.

'That's.....' Joresh eyes widened and looked at her. '...what...?' Ayame looked coldly at him. 'How did you get that?' Joresh pointed at her wrist.

'This...? I dunno...' Ayame answered short and looked at it, she still din't care how she had gotten it. 'Well i do know, come with me.' He walked away, but then looked over his shoulder to notice Ayame was walking away to the other side. He quickly walked back, grabbed her wrist, and walked to his house.

'I need to explain something to you...' Were his last words.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ PS - The only real problem I have with your SU is that there are no humans living on the Arca Islands so you should be born somewhere else. Of course you couldn't know this, so just change it to some other place :3

Then, if you are going to have your character understand pokémon, please don't go overboard with the ability and make her understand everything completely because I find that a bit too unlikely. It's different with Mr. Mammoth's character because he lived in the wild with pokémon for some time.

And I would recommend checking your posts - and your SU - for spelling problems one more time before posting because I found some :3

But if you change the Arca Islands part, I'll accept you~

Sapphire Rose

Years
RHCP- oh? :o sorry i didn't knew that ^^; i editted it and now she's born in junelane :3 hope that's alright ^^

And grammar mistakes? Really? :I damn... I hoped my SU would be real good this time xD meh never mind then, next time better luck :3 i'll try to make less mistakes in my next posts ^^ i guess the only way to improve is to post alot in RP's and stuff :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Grammar isn't the same as spelling. Your grammar is quite good! But you forget some simple spelling things now and then. I'll give you some examples from your SU and your last post, so that you can know what to watch out for in the future :3 And yeah, writing is the natural way of improving that!

Ayame is born in Junelane as the daughter of an businessmen and an businesswomen.
This should be:
Ayame was born in Junelane as the daughter of a businessman and a businesswoman.

Ok, that was some grammar xD Since you write the rest of the text in past tense (things that have happened as opposed to things that are happening right now), you should write "was born" instead of "is born". "A businessman" instead of "an businessman" because the word businessman would only need to have "an" in front of it instead of "a" if it started with a vocal (a, e, o etc.) but it doesn't :3 And lastly, "businessmen" indicates several people as opposed to "businessman" indicating only one person, and I think she only had one father.

When Ayame was 8 she and her parents moved away to octowell. She could be found around soul forest most of the time.
Octowell and Soul Forest are names of places and like all names they should be written with a capitalized first letter. I'm not too picky on this though so don't worry much :p Pokémon species names though, like Pikachu and Mankey, can be written with or without capital letter. It doesn't matter at all there, really.

As for your post above mine here, you are free to write in whatever way you want and with what ever spelling and grammar you want when making OOC posts, like anywhere on the forum :D but if I was to correct it, this is how it would look ;p
Your post:
RHCP- oh? sorry i didn't knew that ^^; i editted it and now she's born in junelane :3 hope that's alright ^^

And grammar mistakes? Really? :I damn... I hoped my SU would be real good this time xD meh never mind then, next time better luck :3 i'll try to make less mistakes in my next posts ^^ i guess the only way to improve is to post alot in RP's and stuff :3

My "correction":
RHCP- oh? Sorry, I didn't know that ^^; I edited it and now she's born in Junelane :3 hope that's alright ^^

And grammar mistakes? Really? :I damn... I hoped my SU would be real good this time xD meh never mind then, next time better luck :3 I'll try to make less mistakes in my next posts ^^ I guess the only way to improve is to post alot in RPs and stuff :3

Hope it helps a little~ Anyways, PinkSapphire, you are now accepted! Where do you want to start? All the way from Januvale or on Route 10? With my new character, I started at Route 10. It's where most players are right now, and your pokémon will be on different levels depending on where you start.

Sapphire Rose

Years
RHCP- hmmmmm :3 i'll start in Route 10 then ^^

Thanks :3 and thanks for correcting that xD now i know what i did wrong :p i wasn't really sure if i had to put "an" or "a" xD futhermore, you're right, she has one father hahah, so it should've been "businessman" lol

I usually capatilize the first letter of Pokemon names :3 of Routes and Towns too. I know my grammar is pretty bad at times, but it had become alot better already than first. Yellow told me the mistakes i make are the mistakes an avarage American makes xD so that was... Pretty much a big compliment for me :3

I'll try making my posts more detailed here in Arcanum, this will be the RP i improve in. From on today i'm also gonna try to make my posts more detailed in other RP's, like in PTA. :3

Thanks for the correction btw ^^ though, the only word you changed was "knew" xD you changed it to "know" :p does that mean there were not so many grammar/spelling mistakes in my last post?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
RHCP- hmmmmm :3 i'll start in Route 10 then ^^
Ok! Do you want one elemental monkey? (see the second post in the IC thread) And is there any other pokémon from Route 11 that you feel like you would have captured if you had played on that route? It will affect what levels you'll start with. Links to all chapter information posts can be found at the end of the OP of the IC.

Thanks :3 and thanks for correcting that xD now i know what i did wrong :p i wasn't really sure if i had to put "an" or "a" xD futhermore, you're right, she has one father hahah, so it should've been "businessman" lol

I usually capatilize the first letter of Pokemon names :3 of Routes and Towns too. I know my grammar is pretty bad at times, but it had become alot better already than first. Yellow told me the mistakes i make are the mistakes an avarage American makes xD so that was... Pretty much a big compliment for me :3

I'll try making my posts more detailed here in Arcanum, this will be the RP i improve in. From on today i'm also gonna try to make my posts more detailed in other RP's, like in PTA. :3
You write as detailed as you want to. I like to read long and exciting posts :3 take your time writing them, as long as you don't go many weeks between each post :p Your pokémon will grow in levels when you write out battles.

Thanks for the correction btw ^^ though, the only word you changed was "knew" xD you changed it to "know" :p does that mean there were not so many grammar/spelling mistakes in my last post?
I guess there wasn't ;D I think I mostly changed "i" to "I", as that's normally how you write it when you're talking about yourself.

Back