• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know whether to love you or hate you for this. Yes, Celebi would be pretty awesome to finally have. BUT... it has no DW Ability. And Celebi's way too far down the polls to really have a chance. If you shared how you were doing it and shifted over to Ditto, I'd be pleased. But I'm still resigned to Arceus. I would hate it if Mudkip won. I want either Ditto, or something for my Pokédex (which means Arceus or Celebi).

:3 Naaah, secret stays with me! Plus the chance of not many others figuring this out means I can bring Celebi higher up on the poll (aka 8th to 1st!) I'm just kinda afraid I left my run too late. :(

I voted Blaziken, Then I noticed that I should've voted for Torchic :( And there's one reason people are voting for mudkip, and those people are... TROLLS!!!

That single quote is probably the reason mudkip is in second place, and Arceus is going to win, there's nothing we can do about it, except SPAM VOTE. Spam Vote is the only way a certain Pokemon can win, so for you Ditto lovers, SPAM VOTE! think of it! If 3-7 of you spam vote, the votes will probably put ditto in first place. If Arceus won, Uhhhhh, i don't want to think of it. :paranoid: Trading with people would be horrible, everyone would have a lv.100 Arceus, that's TOO many Arceus. I want Torchic, but I DON'T want Arceus.
    So Good Luck!

Well, actually, I'm 99% sure there's a lot more than 7 spam voting Ditto right now, but it's through the lesser-effective method. XD But yeah, Arceus won't be fun at all, and hey if Whimsicott can beat Lilligant THEN ARCEUS STILL HAS A CHANCE TO LOSE! /motivation

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Just throwing it out there that manual spam voting probably won't do anything to the votes anyway because there are voting scripts both for Mudkip and for Ditto that get hundreds of thousands of posts in a matter of hours, so unless you dedicate your life for the next week solely to spamming...:x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just throwing it out there that manual spam voting probably won't do anything to the votes anyway because there are voting scripts both for Mudkip and for Ditto that get hundreds of thousands of posts in a matter of hours, so unless you dedicate your life for the next week solely to spamming...:x

Actually, they can only dedicate 2 days. ;__; Not long enough!! We need more time. :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wonder if they'll use the 1st to the 13th to weed out false votes...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The only thing I can hope for is to hope that something else does take out Arceus. Anything. Then again, anything there is a good thing, as long as it isn't redundant.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really hope that Mudkip doesn't win this poll because its DW ability (Damp) is pretty much useless in Gen V, due to Explosion's nerf. (I really want Ditto or any legendary with a DW ability to win).

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I really hope that Mudkip doesn't win this poll because its DW ability (Damp) is pretty much useless in Gen V, due to Explosion's nerf. (I really want Ditto or any legendary with a DW ability to win).

Yeah. Then again, you never know the power of the Internet. Sometimes, things just go like that... and I love Mudkip

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • My bro voted for a Latios. I don't know why. I voted for a Magikarp for the heck of it. I will not be able to participate there anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay guys, today is the deciding day, willing to spam vote your favourite to the top or just... not bother. XD

To everyone who wants Ditto: Think it can overcome Arceus?
    To Arceus fans: CAN ALL THE CHILDREN SAVE ARCEUS?

...and I think that's about all we have here, since pretty sure nobody here is apart of those spam voting Mudkip or Magikarp. XD

As for me, idk, chances of Celebi are low but whatever, I'll be happy with whatever we get as long as it isn't Mudkip or Magikarp. >___>;

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well my ditto vote count right now is 1.21 million and counting, so I'm doing my part for the hope of Ditto. :( Even though I am spamming though I still think ideally they'll just remove all the spam votes between today and Dec 13th.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    See I don't think they'll do that. How will they determine that? Because removing the votes via IP addresses would be quite annoying tbh, considering how different Internet providers share different IP addresses etc. If anything I think they'll just stall it to make us suffer and we'll all see Arceus wins. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's possible that they could just disqualify all the ones with a ridiculous amount of votes, which would be the top 3, and then give us Mew/Deoxys. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    NOPE NOT IF CELEBI GETS TO #4.

ACTUALLY the chances of that are pretty good!! Nobody needs Mew, since everyone got it at the last wifi event, whereas Celebi as I said, nooope. I like this idea though, I'd be in favour of not getting Ditto/Arceus/Mudkip for Celebi (Deoxys, not really but whatevs), just as long as it's not Mew which is totally not needed! :3;

Years
  • I just hope that Mudkip doesn't win since I have all of the starters in my pokemon white game, they're all not pokesav'd also.

I sort of wish that I didn't vote for Arceus now I see what ability Ditto has...

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • And now, all we can do is wait... and see Arceus win. Fail. Unless... all the spammers who voted up Magikarp and Mudkip had a change of heart and spent the last week voting for Ditto. Could have happened. Fingers crossed!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    And now, all we can do is wait... and see Arceus win. Fail. Unless... all the spammers who voted up Magikarp and Mudkip had a change of heart and spent the last week voting for Ditto. Could have happened. Fingers crossed!

Doubt it, considering... trolls are trolls, basically, lol. I don't think they'd have changed.

Just for a discussion for the last 5 or so days while we wait:

- What are the chances of Arceus being rigged @ #1 place? And what would be the consequences of that in terms of everybody's reactions towards GF, etc.

- What if something towards the bottom of the top 10 turns out to be #1?

- What if all the spam votes don't count in the end, who do you think the true winner would be?

- Do you think you'll regret voting for a certain Pokemon @ those who voted more than once?

AND FINALLY HOW EXCITED ARE YOU GUYS FOR THE RESULTS?! I'm totally excited :)

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years

• - What are the chances of Arceus being rigged @ #1 place? And what would be the consequences of that in terms of everybody's reactions towards GF, etc.

If this is true, all the little kiddies will be really happy with their SUPER AWESOME ARCEUS, Smogon will be really pissed off, and the trolls will have been trolled. All I can do on this is remind you all of the sage wisdom of (I think...) Seven Deadly Sins: Game Freak hates you and everything you stand for. (I love that quote!)

- What if something towards the bottom of the top 10 turns out to be #1?

What... Like CELEBI?

AND FINALLY HOW EXCITED ARE YOU GUYS FOR THE RESULTS?! I'm totally excited :)

I am so tense. I just want to be put out of my misery, actually. Even if it's (heaven forbid) Mudkip...

Back