• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Idk, as I kid I don't think I would have voted for Pikachu, because even then I knew that they were available in my own game. I think if I was a kid with no competitive knowledge I would probably vote for the legendary that wasn't in the current game I was playing, because I didn't trade and had no way to get it other than something like that. Which would explain why so many legendaries got so high.

Years
  • Why are you guys acting like you're more important somehow?
    No, you aren't more important than the other fans. No, you weren't entitled to a special ability Ditto/whatever (even though it would have been nice)
    The poll showed that the majority of the fanbase wanted Arceus more. Heck, it beat Mudkip. Instead of complaining, how about you at least act like you're happy for those who weren't able to obtain a legit Arceus in Gen IV?
    I voted for Arceus because this was my only opportunity of getting a legit English Arceus by myself without any kind of third-party intervention. You voted for Ditto because you felt that its Hidden Ability gave it a good advantage.
    Why should your opinion be considered more important than other people's opinion?
    Last but not least, the only Pokémon who deserved to win, according to the poll, is the one to get the more votes.

No one was saying they were more important. Arceus is also extremely easy to find. And, this works both ways - why should yours be considered more important than anyone elses?

Having a Pokemon that's already been released by Nintendo win, without a DW ability, is stupid, no mater how you try to justify it.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • ...I actually found it surprising and funny that Ditto was second. Now there's some love for that Pokemon!

As expected, if Arceus was up there, Mew was close behind.

In any case, can't wait to obtain that Arceus!

Years
  • Someone also brought up a good point - Pikachu. The much-loved Pokemon mascot, and fan favourite only made it to the end of top 10. Somehow I think that the "God" Pokemon (pretty sure outside of competitive/communities like this, people wouldn't know the extent of Arceus' power in general and would instead just be voting for a Pokemon that can change forms and has a movie - say hello to Deoxys which only came around 5th!) that has only been around for years beating Pikachu which has been around forever is idk surprising. I mean sure there were Ash's Pikachu giveaways but logically if I were a little kid I'd be voting for Pikachu just because of all the advertising etc.

Nica, I think you have a point - they should do another event distributing a Pikachu with the same moveset as Ash's Pikachu in the anime like they did before in the 4th Generation.

Well, I guess Arceus won cos its considered the creator of all Pokemon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Arceus is a very good Pokemon. I wish I had all the info about that Imposter ability, because if I knew that it copied stats, too, I might've voted for Ditto... but it would suck if you EVed trained for days and someone just duplicated your Pokemon without doing any of the work. I voted for Deoxys, because it was in 4th, and I thought maybe just vote for one of the Pokemon that had a better chance of winning. Also, I didn't get to use it in any of the games. I traded someone for it, and traded it back in order to complete my Platinum Dex.

Well, generally the person using Ditto would have still put in effort because they still have to EV train the Ditto in HP to make it a viable Pokemon.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • I wish I had all the info about that Imposter ability, because if I knew that it copied stats, too, I might've voted for Ditto...

Imposter = automatic Transform. That's all. Check on Bulbapedia for all the details.

OK, I'm over the disappointment now. Arceus is cool... at least it wasn't Mudkip.

I honestly believe that Game Freak was just trolling us. I would like it if they made a poll, didn't rig it, and linked the voting to Global Link accounts so everyone could only vote once. Even if Arceus won that one, too, I'd accept it because then it would be a democratic decision. Unlike this one, where tons of people spammed and distorted the results.

Why can't Game Freak life be fair?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • DW Arceus could at least have Colour Change...or something. :< But whatever. I just don't get why it takes them over 2 months to generate a PKM file, though. >.>

They also need to release more DW areas! Wheres our winter wonderland with ice types!

Years
  • Oh dear, bad times for Pokecommunity it seems. Celebi would have been nice if it won, I have mixed feelings about Ditto.

This is my post for the 14th December, Kaori.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I was hoping Arceus wouldn't win, but it was obvious it was.
    Can't really do anything about now. :(

I wanted Celebi too win too.
    At least I know I won't be getting the DW release. x_x

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nintendo probably aren't going to bend to the whims of people abusing automatic scripts to vote for Pokémon xyz. It's not hard to notice that kind of thing, and because people can't play fair on a silly little poll it's fair enough to not count all those votes.

At the same time, how do you know that there weren't people who had taken the same script and re-purposed it to vote for Arceus instead?

There's two possibilities here that are the opposite of each, and as we have no official word to go by (I would be surprised if Nintendo makes any official statement about the results of the poll, let alone admonishing people using automatic voting procedures) - we don't have anything to say that the results of the poll did not reflect the majority of votes cast. They probably should have linked this to a single vote per PGL account or something but oh well, maybe they'll do that next time (if they ever make another poll like this).

Arceus is still the poster Pokémon of Gen IV, a recent movie mascot, a very powerful legendary and one that not all people still have access to because it never had a legitimate in-game event.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    [...] Heck, it beat Mudkip. [...]
    Sick of all those Mudkip meme references lol, come on.

Anyways I don't really care, I wanted Shroomish to win but since I knew that wouldn't happen anyway, it didn't really matter to me. It just sucks that Arceus has absolutely no use for this.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I have a feeling the Arceius reference House made a few weeks ago has something to do with this.... I never really use legendary so this is quite sad..

Pingouin_7

No one was saying they were more important. Arceus is also extremely easy to find. And, this works both ways - why should yours be considered more important than anyone elses?
    I never said that. Take your whining elseshere, 'kay?
    Also, an Arceus may be easy to obtain for you, but countless people are having trouble getting their hands on one of their own.
    Having a Pokemon that's already been released by Nintendo win, without a DW ability, is stupid, no mater how you try to justify it.
    And why would it be stupid?
    This is a poll to see what Pokémon is wanted the most. All I can see in your post is that you're whining because you didn't get the Pokémon you want.

Also, go whine at the Darkrai event for Gen. V, go whine at the Victini event over Wi-Fi, go whine at every other Pikachu event, go whine at...
    Those were all Pokémon that already were released. And what's wrong with a certain event-only Pokémon being available in more than one event?

Last, this event is the first time those players outside Japan/South Korea/USA/Europe and Australia can get their hands on a legit Arceus of their own.

How about you go generate an actual argument other than "It is stupid because it's stupid" or "It's stupid because I already have one"?
    Both of those are not arguments. The second one just sounds like "I'm what counts to Nintendo, event Pokémon should revolve around me."

DW Arceus could at least have Colour Change...or something. :< But whatever. I just don't get why it takes them over 2 months to generate a PKM file, though. >.>
    Yes, let's release a crippled Arceus. >_>
    But I agree that it shouldn't take them two whole months just to make one Pokémon available as a DW event.

Sick of all those Mudkip meme references lol, come on.
    You do realize that Mudkip was second in ranking?
    I wasn't making a Mudkipz reference.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nintendo probably aren't going to bend to the whims of people abusing automatic scripts to vote for Pokémon xyz. It's not hard to notice that kind of thing, and because people can't play fair on a silly little poll it's fair enough to not count all those votes.

At the same time, how do you know that there weren't people who had taken the same script and re-purposed it to vote for Arceus instead?

There's two possibilities here that are the opposite of each, and as we have no official word to go by (I would be surprised if Nintendo makes any official statement about the results of the poll, let alone admonishing people using automatic voting procedures) - we don't have anything to say that the results of the poll did not reflect the majority of votes cast. They probably should have linked this to a single vote per PGL account or something but oh well, maybe they'll do that next time (if they ever make another poll like this).

Arceus is still the poster Pokémon of Gen IV, a recent movie mascot, a very powerful legendary and one that not all people still have access to because it never had a legitimate in-game event.

If there was someone voting for Arceus, they were really, really quiet about it since it didn't show up where the Mudkip script originated, it didn't show up where the Ditto script originated, it didn't show up here, sppf, or bmgf. Not denying it's possible but all of those were public and they didn't beat Arceus so it's kind of strange that a hidden one would work.

Although I still think they just deleted all votes from the same IP and then Arceus was the winner out of that. That's a completely legit way to handle it imo, and I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus was going to be the winner if everyone had just voted once.

Also, an Arceus may be easy to obtain for you, but countless people are having trouble getting their hands on one of their own.

This is a poll to see what Pokémon is wanted the most. All I can see in your post is that you're whining because you didn't get the Pokémon you want.

Also, go whine at the Darkrai event for Gen. V, go whine at the Victini event over Wi-Fi, go whine at every other Pikachu event, go whine at...
    Those were all Pokémon that already were released. And what's wrong with a certain event-only Pokémon being available in more than one event?

Last, this event is the first time those players outside Japan/South Korea/USA/Europe and Australia can get their hands on a legit Arceus of their own.

How about you go generate an actual argument other than "It is stupid because it's stupid" or "It's stupid because I already have one"?
    Both of those are not arguments. The second one just sounds like "I'm what counts to Nintendo, event Pokémon should revolve around me."

Yes, let's release a crippled Arceus. >_>
    But I agree that it shouldn't take them two whole months just to make one Pokémon available as a DW event.

You do realize that Mudkip was second in ranking?
    I wasn't making a Mudkipz reference.

Cool your jets. Just like you're fine with Arceus coming out, they're not. They're welcome to their own opinion about it just like you're welcome to yours as long as it's civil, and it's really unnecessary to be so confrontational about a Pokemon poll.

It's probably coming out so much later because they have events all planned out so people are still playing their games regularly. They probably have all the events lined up until February and don't have anything there so they stuck it in there.

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
    Years
  • I voted for Blaziken :x even though it's Smogon banned cause Smogon bans only really apply online so if I had one Wi-Fi wouldn't ban it :3;

Who cares! I'd use it on wifi battles anyway (But I prefer infernape...Something about a monkey on fire..it's amazing).

I voted for the rat....You know who. (Lightningrod LAWL!)

But in hindsight..I should've gone for the Imposter Ditto. T_T...Sad face.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although I still think they just deleted all votes from the same IP and then Arceus was the winner out of that. That's a completely legit way to handle it imo, and I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus was going to be the winner if everyone had just voted once.

Nah, Arceus was leading the whole time, even when the Mudkip votes counted, so. :x

I'm sure that Livewire is happy for those that get Arceus, but in an actual event where you get input, (okay totally dismissing the whole rigged argument for this statement) - which none of those you mentioned were, where they DID offer hidden abilities for everything, you'd think it would be nice for something with a hidden ability to win, which is pretty much what he and everyone else that isn't entirely excited about Arceus is saying.

Either way, noboody is whining and they can all say whatever they want, since this is an opinion/discussion thread after all, so please don't tell people to take their thoughts to other places.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Nah, Arceus was leading the whole time, even when the Mudkip votes counted, so. :x

But it also led at the beginning, presumable before people started spamming. I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus would have won without all the spammed votes, if it was just 1 vote per IP.

Years
  • I never said that. Take your whining elseshere, 'kay?

I'd drop the tone if I were you. Smarting off to staff won't end well for you.

It's a dream world event. A Pokemon with an actual dream world ability should win, since, you know, it's about the Dream World, not one player who can't obtain a common legendary Pokemon that millions of other players have.

If you really cannot get one by any other means, head to my profile, enter my friend code, hop on wifi, and I will physically give you the event Arceus if it matters to you that much. Hell, I'll give you 6. Or 60.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Don't be ridiculous. The event was about giving everyone the chance to vote for which Pokémon they wanted to see regardless of how or why they play the games. In the end, the most popular choice won so the Pokémon that the most people will be happy with getting is an Arceus. Isn't that what matters in the end?

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Yes, let's release a crippled Arceus. >_>

It's just going to sit in peoples boxes anyway. SO EXCITING! lol

We had a chance to get something unreleased, and people wasted it. Let's hope the next DW only event can only be voted on by people with time spent in the DW.

Back