• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Arceus wins the Global Link Vote, much to the disappointment of PC members

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Mew

I voted for Mew, since I never did get to go to any Mew events in the past... I also kinda want to see if the give him any hidden moves. Ability is non-existent but still... Mew. I only truly use Ditto for breeding anyway...

However, I can tell why Arceus is in the lead.

Reason 1: A level 10 Arceus? Good for proper training compared to any other event Arceus. 2: Many people missed the Game Stop events and any other event. That is a fact. Lastly: Some guy could be using multiple computers to spam a vote just because he REALLY wants Arceus. I could be right I could be wrong...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I voted for Mew, since I never did get to go to any Mew events in the past... I also kinda want to see if the give him any hidden moves. Ability is non-existent but still... Mew. I only truly use Ditto for breeding anyway...

However, I can tell why Arceus is in the lead.

Reason 1: A level 10 Arceus? Good for proper training compared to any other event Arceus. 2: Many people missed the Game Stop events and any other event. That is a fact. Lastly: Some guy could be using multiple computers to spam a vote just because he REALLY wants Arceus. I could be right I could be wrong...

Unfortunately, you don't need multiple computers to spam votes.

All I'm hoping for is that the Pokemon release has a DW ability. :(

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years

Unfortunately, you don't need multiple computers to spam votes.

What I meant was multiple computers for lots of spams each computer. In essence, one guy could put any Pokemon in the lead. Not actually a good thing...

Also, now that I think about it, Ditto with Impostor wouldn't be to bad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2011
    I voted for Deoxys since i got all his form and I really like his OP.

ryziken

Neutral scientist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Vote Ditto! Arceus doesn't have a Dream World ability, while Ditto has one of the coolest abilities in the game (Impostor - transforms automatically when you send it in, making it useful for once!). Arceus won the vote in Japan, and was released with a special move instead of a special ability... Hyper Beam. That's right, a TM move you can teach whenever you want. Although it's very unlikely Ditto will get a new move, its ability more than makes up for it.
    If you want to get an ordinary Pokémon you can already easily get on Wi-Fi, then go ahead and vote Arceus. On the other hand, if you're more adventurous and want something completely different that hasn't been released yet, vote Ditto!

^ This. I totally derped and missed spotting this thread until AFTER I started my own thread about that exact point, lol.

VOTE DITTO!!!! BOO ARCEUS!!!

blue

gucci
    Years
    I voted for Ditto.

Just because Arceus is currently in the lead doesn't mean it's going to be the one to be distributed, there is still another 20+ days of voting!

Flyingsteelix01

So I hear you like Mudkips?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I voted Lugia simply because it is awesome. Kinda wish I'd voted for Magikarp or ditto now.

NinjaPawniard

Athos Porthos Aramis d'Artagna
    Years
    Let's see, I voted for Entei. Does it even get a special ability? I wouldn't know because I didn't look it up XD. I just love Entei sometimes XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's not what I read on serebii's pokedex. I already voted for Deoxys. I don't want to use Gameshark for a Deoxys. I'd rather have a legit Pokemon.

Deoxys gets 504 SPEED WITH A BENEFICIAL NATURE?! HMM...504 or 300...I pick 504...Deoxys is better. It has the highest Sp. Atk and the highest SPEED of all POKEMON! It's up there with Shuckle for high defense, Rampardos, high attack, and Blissey high HP.

A Shroomish with Technician...is sorta like a Scizor with Technician...I already used a Scizor with Technician in HeartGold version.

Most people send out their weakest Pokemon first...sure...let Ditto copy its weak stats...some trainers use Pokemon that don't have moves that are super effective against its type. Some people can just send out a weak Pokemon have Ditto lower its stats, switch out and attack with a better Pokemon.
    I waited 8 years for a Deoxys, and boy, do I want one!

Transform doesn't work if the opponent is in SUBSTITUTE MODE...rendering it useless. Neither the ability nor the attack move, Transform, can be used when Zoroark is in Illusion mode! Useless against a Zoroark!

Ditto can't Transform into an already Transformed Ditto.

I bet all those guys at Smogon got a Zoroark prepared to take down that Ditto. Good luck battling Zoroark in Illusion form. I've seen the effect in a video on youtube of Ditto with the ability.

Deoxys Stats:

HP 50 (304)
    Atk 150 (438)
    Def 50 (218)
    Sp. Atk 150 (438)
    Sp. Def 50 (218)
    Speed 150 (438)

(Atk, Sp. Atk, and Speed are 150 Base, 438 at beneficial nature.)

Attack Form:

HP 50 (304)
    Atk 180 (504)
    Def 20 (152)
    Sp. Atk 180 (504)
    Sp. Def 20 (152)
    Speed 150 (438)

Defense Form:
    HP 50 (304)
    Atk 70 (262)
    Def 160 (460)
    Sp. Atk 70 (262)
    Sp. Def 160 (460)
    Speed 90 (306)

Speed Form:
    HP 50 (304)
    Atk 95 (317)
    Def 90 (306)
    Sp. Atk 95 (317)
    Sp. Def 90 (306)
    Speed 180 (504)

It can use Substitute so Ditto with Imposter can't Transform.

Only Speed and Defense form aren't banned from competitive play, so comparing anything to Ditto competitively can't apply to the other forms.

I don't think most people send out their weakest Pokemon first, I know I don't. There are Pokemon that are known to work well at opening matches but that doesn't mean that's their only role and implying that any competitive player would have any "weak" Pokemon on their team is strange. Also, there are many moves that can't do anything when the target is behind a substitute. Zoroark may see a rise in play, who knows? It'll be much more interesting than the "we have one chance to get any dream world ability we want? LET'S GET ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DREAM WORLD ABILITY" strategy that you seem to be employing. :x

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    ?? Why is Arceus in the lead? He doesn't have a DW ability!!

This is very upsetting...don't need another Arceus, I have a billion of them already! And this one wouldn't be any special. -.-

Why are people voting for a useless Pokemon that we already have??

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
    Years
    i voted for ditto

why arceus? cant people just buy an action replay or something and cheat to get arceus? i know it cost like 20$ but still, we got an imposter ditto!
    besides, you cant use arceus for OU battles which makes it kinda useless for underaged kids

you know what people say about arceus
    "Arceus is a stupid llama with a wheel stuck to it"

oh and i got an arceus of my own
    i got myself another arceus by cheating and it was lv 13 :P
    i gave it away cuz it was extra

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    https://youtu.be/uhZQ7VwAqqM

Very elegantly summed up ^
    Enjoy! :D

(zomg herdier/audino in background, totally makes it awesome)

Yeah that was pretty weird. :x But it's so true though, that basically everyone is all going for Arceus just cause :(

I figured out some new ways to vote that might be more effective than the "known" ones and if they work, then Techniloom should rise in popularity soon. :x I HOPE!!!!

(Also @ Black Bolt: Kids of all ages can play competitively, the under aged kids bit kind of confused me :x)

marcc5m

what
    Years
    i voted for ditto

why arceus? cant people just buy an action replay or something and cheat to get arceus? i know it cost like 20$ but still, we got an imposter ditto!
    besides, you cant use arceus for OU battles which makes it kinda useless for underaged kids

you know what people say about arceus
    "Arceus is a stupid llama with a wheel stuck to it"

oh and i got an arceus of my own
    i got myself another arceus by cheating and it was lv 13 :P
    i gave it away cuz it was extra

So people can get Arceus but not Ditto with an Action Replay? Interesting...

I know how to cheat the votes :3

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    For those voting for Breloom (looking at you, Forever), you do realise Breloom doesn't learn Spore... right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2011
    Arceus is in the lead D= Bad children u.u They vote it just because it's the King of pokemon D=
    I vote for Dragonite(Multiscale is useful) =3

Back