• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    I can defeat anything with my dream team!!! I see it as a personal challenge to test my metal against the best!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    they've wrecked the game making a "god" pokemon, it'll be hard to come back with a new gen now

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    I don't think putting in a "God" pokemon wrecked the series, but I wish the player wasn't able to capture it, and that it didn't have a number. It seems so much "higher" than "regular" pokemon, and it being numbered and susceptible to capture takes away from the whole otherwordliness of it having created the world and all :p

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, some cons to start with:

-There are too many legendaries.
    -We don't need a 'god' Pokemon. That just makes controversy with religion.
    -It's depicted as a god, so why is it catchable? O.o Makes you wonder.
    -That's a scary thing to fight in Wi-Fi
    -How's a new gen supposed to be built off this? After adding 14 legendaries?

On the contrary:
    -It's very unique.
    -It looks cool...to me, anyway.
    -It makes for great fics! ;D
    -It has nice theme music.
    -It is still defeatable.

So for me, it's all good. I did cheat to get one, but only for purposes to study its moveset a bit more. I love my Arceus, but I'd never use it in Wi-Fi battles, only battles with my brother or cousin. ;D

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Thats why they did it to finish it at an even number

Oh God no.

1) Pokemon is Nintendo's biggest cash crop ever. They wouldn't dream of ending it when there's still money to be made- and believe me, there is.
    2) Even numbers? No, companies always end their series' in trilogies. *Points at Xenosaga, Halo, Phoenix Wright, the original Sonic series, etc.*

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    I just think its another legendary that has its own perks (like pretty much any legendary) but it can be delt with like any other legendary.

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
  • I don't think it's ever actually specified that Arceus is a god, is it? The legends and stories in Canaclave library don't necessarily have to be true, just like most of our legends, I mean, how many 'gods' does real-life humanity have? Anyway, Arceus clearly isn't omnipotent, because he's defeatable, so evidently he isn't an actual god.

If Nintendo keeps making new regions, which they will, then they will keep on making new legendaries, it's a necessary part of the game and Pokemon has a lot of life left in it.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    I dont think u can really have an opinion unless youve got one. I have a few and they are great. I refuse to use it though because of its fearsome strength. But, really doubt they will out do it 5th gen.

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
  • This really is the ultimate Pokemon in my opinion. They should stop with the ultimates at Arceus.

I know it's so powerful that it's almost impossible to get hold of, but surely they should at least allow it in game. I mean come on, we need it to complete our Pokedex. They can ban it from online, but just having one of these is something to admire. I really want one. =P

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    They can ban it from online, but just having one of these is something to admire. I really want one. =P

Whaddaya mean ban from online? You mean he would not be able to be used in Wi-Fi battles? If so I beg to differ, go to YouTube and type in "Marriland vs. Untouchable" and watch...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Whaddaya mean ban from online? You mean he would not be able to be used in Wi-Fi battles? If so I beg to differ, go to YouTube and type in "Marriland vs. Untouchable" and watch...

Two things...

1) Marriland sucks as a battler, and his opponent sucks more. Please don't use his videos as examples for ANYTHING.

2) Arceus already is banned. Ever heard of the Uber tier?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back