• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Krobelus:

To answer number 1, I've tested it and it works fine for me.

To answer number 2, yes, the game is based on "Triple Triad" from Final Fantasy 8. The Pokemon theme adapted here astonishingly well.

I don't see how the problem you have could happen. I need to look at the map where the problem occurred (just the map file, that's all).

I'll check on the Shiny thing again, I'm not sure what could be wrong though..

Oooh Pokemon Triple Triad.. sounds fun! Is it complete or do you still have to work on it some more? And I'm pretty sure you know this, but SephirothSpawn made a Triple Triad script in-case you wanted to refer to something.

I'll send you the map file through PM.

Thanks,
-Krobe

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Terrain tags do not control whether the player can walk on tiles. Use the passage settings instead (in the Tilesets tab of the Database). The black on some rooms is not really black, it's just that the walls were accidentally not drawn black.

Sorry, Passage Tags are what I meant. The ones with the X's and O's. The black tiles are set on X but I can still walk on them. A table is set on X but I can still walk on it. The wall that I used in other rooms which can't be walked on in those rooms is set on X but I can still walk on it. In other rooms it works fine. In these rooms it is weird. Help please. Thanks. ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Check layers 2 and 3 - make sure you're only erasing with the tile in the very top-left.

Years
How do I make an event erase itself only if a certan event has been done. Example: in Pokemon G/S/C this person stopped you from going into Route 29 before you received your Pokemon and then after you got your Pokemon the "person stopping you" event was erased. I just need to know how I would do this sort of thing.

Thanks,
DestinedSignatureforPosts.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Create a new event page in the event you want to erase, leaving it blank. Set its condition to a switch. Then, when you want to erase the event, turn that switch on. This will make the last page activate. Since it's blank, this effectively deletes the event.

Years
I'm a bit confused lol.
Ok, I need the events circled in red to get erased after the script in the second screenshot is activated. Could you maybe post a screenshot of the settings of each events second page?
HelpwithEventErasing1.png

HelpwithEventErasing2.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
At the end of the event, turn a switch on (for example, switch 35). Then, on each of the events you want to delete, add this page.
tempse3.png

using the same switch you turned on earlier.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
A couple questions...

1.) Like I've asked before (I've got plenty of time it seems this isn't a finished script package so I may wait till its done to make a project) but is it possible to add forms of Pokemon? Not like Arceus, etc. but lke Shadow, Dark, Shiny etc.

2.) Is this for XP or VX?

3.) How longs does it take the Editor.exe to finish its job and what is its purpose?

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen yesterday
A couple questions...

1.) Like I've asked before (I've got plenty of time it seems this isn't a finished script package so I may wait till its done to make a project) but is it possible to add forms of Pokemon? Not like Arceus, etc. but lke Shadow, Dark, Shiny etc.

2.) Is this for XP or VX?

3.) How longs does it take the Editor.exe to finish its job and what is its purpose?

1) Yes.
2) XP
3) Make Animations, dunno, never used it.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
1) Yes.
2) XP
3) Make Animations, dunno, never used it.

In response:

1.) Alright could someone help me script or do whatever to make multiple forms or colors available?

2.) Alright that could've been a give me I just got lost cause I have XP and VX.

3.) Alright, I don't know but I swear I've ran this three times for hours on end and nothing ever happens, it just stays black. No it's not minimized.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Running Editor.exe is the same as using the Visual Editor command in the debug menu.

Years
I tried downloading the 7/1/08 version of pokemon essentials. I'm pretty sure that's correct file to open up is game.rxproj right? When I open it up it gives me an error saying "Failed to Load Actor Data". I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just the wrong file. Also, I'm using Windows Vista if that might effect it, i'm not sure. By the way, yes, I do have RMXP. I'm trying to open up the file basically so I just want to know how to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back