• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    I still have the same question about Triple Triad:

What are the parameters and how could you make a defined battle that if you lose the event stops and if you win you will get a certain amount added to a variable?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Okay, I've started using this starter kit for my new game and I looked through the notes and can't seem to find how to put in the starting position when you leave Prof Oak talking and go onto the first map. Sorry if this has been asked before but I got about page 4 before I grew tired of reading posts.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Okay, I've started using this starter kit for my new game and I looked through the notes and can't seem to find how to put in the starting position when you leave Prof Oak talking and go onto the first map. Sorry if this has been asked before but I got about page 4 before I grew tired of reading posts.

At the end of the Intro Event, use Transfer Player (Insert, Page 2, Very first option).

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Where do I find Intro Event and how exactly do I use Transfer Player?
    Sorry, but as I said I've only just started using this.
    Also, I don't understand what's in the brackets.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Where do I find Intro Event and how exactly do I use Transfer Player?
    Sorry, but as I said I've only just started using this.
    Also, I don't understand what's in the brackets.

This is one of the main problems with the people in this forum, getting way too ahead of themselves. You need to familiarize yourself with the very basics of RPG Maker XP before you go about starting threads and crap like that. If you don't understand how to transfer a player, using an event... I think you should play around in RPG Maker XP and read some tutorials.

Some of these questions are just (no offense) dumb, and have nothing to do with Pokémon Essentials, but simply complete/total inexperience with RPG Maker, which is a very straight-forward program.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • new event > change screen color tone

Sorry, but if you access the menu and leave it then returns to normal view.

Some details on my problem:

Details: RMXP crahed while trying to save, my bedroom was open at the time could this have something to do with it?
    Also, when using the Visual Editor both maps always appear open, with the bedroom on top, could this be something?

Picture: http://whitegold.wikidot.com/glitches

Please be careful, lots of broken links right now and some pages just don't make sense. I haven't editted it much yet.

Last edited:

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Sorry, but if you access the menu and leave it then returns to normal view.

Some details on my problem:

Details: RMXP crahed while trying to save, my bedroom was open at the time could this have something to do with it?
    Also, when using the Visual Editor both maps always appear open, with the bedroom on top, could this be something?

Picture: http://whitegold.wikidot.com/glitches

Please be careful, lots of broken links right now and some pages just don't make sense. I haven't editted it much yet.

Did you change the default linked maps? If not, that's why they are showing next to each other.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • They're not next to each other, one overlaps the other. I'll check and see if that works though.

EDIT: You're right. My bad, ehh... I just looked at he document Route 1 and "My Room" right next to each other. lright problem fixed, thank.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Hi, I have a map which I want to go to after Prof Oak's speech at the beginning and I (I think) successfully did the transfer player command but when I go to playtest it, after I press new game, I get this:
    screenhunter01feb062308.gif

And the game shuts down. What have I done wrong?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Hi, I have a map which I want to go to after Prof Oak's speech at the beginning and I (I think) successfully did the transfer player command but when I go to playtest it, after I press new game, I get this:
    screenhunter01feb062308.gif

And the game shuts down. What have I done wrong?

It says that because you don't have an autotile named Black in the autotiles folder...Try making one then putting it in there...Also...I don't believe you need an auto tile for a player transfer event.

look in the notes for info on how to make it.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, I figured out what was wrong. As Flood said it was because I didn't have the black tileset and it couldn't load without it becase it needs it for the opening speech but everything's fixed now and thanks Flood.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
  • This is my errolog please help
    Exception: TypeError
    BitmapCache:171:in `+'
    BitmapCache:171:in `load_bitmap'
    BitmapCache:235:in `character'
    Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:169:in `update'
    PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'
    Shadow:145:in `initialize'
    Spriteset_Map:31:in `new'
    Spriteset_Map:31:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Firstly, you should use the extendtext.exe tool to fit the whole script into one line.
    Secondly, you've got variable scope wrong. The 'results' variable can only be accessed from the script call you created it in. You'll need to use a global variable, or better yet, one of RMXP's game variables. For example, instead of using 'results', use $game_variables[1].
    Thirdly, the '=' operator is for assignment. To compare two values, you need to use '=='.
    Finally, a string must be quoted. Your conditional branch is looking to compare the 'results' variable with a variable named 'none', not the string 'none'. A string must always be surrounded by either single or double quotes.
    So, you need to use something like
    Code:
    $game_variables[1]=='none'
    in your conditional branch.

Years
  • I attempt to changing the Script, but it doasn't work. I'm sorry.
    I have allready another Question.
    How can i edit the Pokemon Sprite Position?
    I changed ''BattlerEnemyY'' and other things in the Actual_Scene script, but there's no change.
    Can anyone help me?
    Can't anybody help me?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Firstly, you should use the extendtext.exe tool to fit the whole script into one line.
    Secondly, you've got variable scope wrong. The 'results' variable can only be accessed from the script call you created it in. You'll need to use a global variable, or better yet, one of RMXP's game variables. For example, instead of using 'results', use $game_variables[1].
    Thirdly, the '=' operator is for assignment. To compare two values, you need to use '=='.
    Finally, a string must be quoted. Your conditional branch is looking to compare the 'results' variable with a variable named 'none', not the string 'none'. A string must always be surrounded by either single or double quotes.
    So, you need to use something like
    Code:
    $game_variables[1]=='none'
    in your conditional branch.

I am still having problems.
    I am assuming that $game_variables is referring to the variables list in the game.
    I hope I do not sound to dumb.
    Thanks for helping the first time.
    Here is 2 more pictures of the updated event and the error message.
    The web page was not changed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Are you using the newest version of Essentials? You shouldn't be getting that error...

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • I have a question about altering the game mechanics, is it possible to make the maximun level a pokemon can be a level twenty. and if so, then how. I also have two more question: what is the script to make the maximum number of pokemon able to be stored in a pc box fiften, and then how do you make only one box in the pc? And my last question: what is the script to take away all the pokemon in the pc, and your team and replace it with only a few pokemon in your team?

Oh, and I remembered another question, is it possible to reduce the number of pokemon you can take around with ou from six to three?

If you are wondering why I would want to reduce everything it is because I am in the planning stages of a game that is a reduced version of all the games together, it's mostly for people just learning about pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back