• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    It works for me (although you have to use extendtext.exe and enclose the address in quotes). Check your PokemonNetwork script; there should be a pbDownloadToString method defined there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Hey I have a question. How can It so that when I am in the poke window it only uses the menu icon. I am planning to use a new type of icon (face set) so which part of the script do I need to change. Also could a master ball be used to catch a pokemon who cath rate is 0

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey someone can help me with making new menu?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    It works for me (although you have to use extendtext.exe and enclose the address in quotes). Check your PokemonNetwork script; there should be a pbDownloadToString method defined there.

I got it to work, well kind of. Why does the event return as the else. The web page says none. I copied and pasted the new scripts file to the game.

This caused a new problem. The game now skips the title screen and goes straight the continue or new game screen. I tried to copy and paste the old script in there but it still does not work. Other than this the game works fine.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Okay, I have a need to create a game, but when I click on the link to the site to download the Starter kit, the download link is un-clickable. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem.

Try a different browser. There is no reason why it shouldn't be working.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I really need to know how to remove a certain of species of Pokemon from my party using a call script. Can someone please help me out here?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hey, i made icons to new menu in scripts and the graphics works but someone can help me to add the works commands??

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I got it to work, well kind of. Why does the event return as the else. The web page says none. I copied and pasted the new scripts file to the game.

This caused a new problem. The game now skips the title screen and goes straight the continue or new game screen. I tried to copy and paste the old script in there but it still does not work. Other than this the game works fine.

You've probably got HTML tags which are messing it up; it will return the whole HTML code, not just the body text. You could use a regular expression to get just the body:
    Code:
    string=pbDownloadToString(
    'http://home.comcast.net/~tandmmail/none_page.html')
    string[/<body>(.*?)<\/body>/]
    body=$1.gsub(/[\t\r\n\f]/,"")
    $game_variables[38]=body
    The first two lines download the website; the third finds the body. Finally, the fourth line removes any new-lines in the body.
    An explanation: a string enclosed in forward slashes is what's called a regular expression. A regular expression can include symbols which match several characters; for example, the '.' symbol matches any character. The '*' tells it to match multiple occurrences of it, while the '?' tells it to match the least amount possible (so it doesn't also match the </body> tag). Since the string is enclosed by forward slashes, the forward slash in the tag must have a backslash in front of it; a backslash in front of a symbol tells it to treat it as a normal character (this is called escaping). The brackets allow you to group expressions; however, they also save the contents to the $1 to $9 global variables. This means that the body text is saved to $1 (since it's in the first set of brackets). Since the body text contains new-lines, which are invisible on the website, you need to delete those. Again, a regular expression is used in the gsub (global substitution) method. The square brackets match any character inside the brackets; I've put the symbols for the various new-line characters there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    You've probably got HTML tags which are messing it up; it will return the whole HTML code, not just the body text. You could use a regular expression to get just the body:
    Code:
    string=pbDownloadToString(
    'http://home.comcast.net/~tandmmail/none_page.html')
    string[/<body>(.*?)<\/body>/]
    body=$1.gsub(/[\t\r\n\f]/,"")
    $game_variables[38]=body
    The first two lines download the website; the third finds the body. Finally, the fourth line removes any new-lines in the body.
    An explanation: a string enclosed in forward slashes is what's called a regular expression. A regular expression can include symbols which match several characters; for example, the '.' symbol matches any character. The '*' tells it to match multiple occurrences of it, while the '?' tells it to match the least amount possible (so it doesn't also match the </body> tag). Since the string is enclosed by forward slashes, the forward slash in the tag must have a backslash in front of it; a backslash in front of a symbol tells it to treat it as a normal character (this is called escaping). The brackets allow you to group expressions; however, they also save the contents to the $1 to $9 global variables. This means that the body text is saved to $1 (since it's in the first set of brackets). Since the body text contains new-lines, which are invisible on the website, you need to delete those. Again, a regular expression is used in the gsub (global substitution) method. The square brackets match any character inside the brackets; I've put the symbols for the various new-line characters there.

Where do I insert my code? Do I have to? I probobly sound completely dumb right now because I am still trying to learn rgss. My knowledge of html is very, very, very small. I tryed copying the text you put in the code into my event.

I figured out that in the new version of essentials the title screen only appears in the game file. At least that is the way mine is.

Thanks for your help so far.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add a graphic to the battle system for the four choices: Bag, Run, Fight, Pokemon. I'm just trying to spice up my games interface and it would really help if anyone could help me out. Thanks. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Where do I insert my code? Do I have to? I probobly sound completely dumb right now because I am still trying to learn rgss. My knowledge of html is very, very, very small. I tryed copying the text you put in the code into my event.

I figured out that in the new version of essentials the title screen only appears in the game file. At least that is the way mine is.

Thanks for your help so far.

Just put it in a Script... event command; it works for me. You'll have to use extendtext.exe to fit it all in, though (in your game's folder, there should be a program called extendtext.exe; run it while you have a text or script event input box open, and it will enlarge it).

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Just put it in a Script... event command; it works for me. You'll have to use extendtext.exe to fit it all in, though (in your game's folder, there should be a program called extendtext.exe; run it while you have a text or script event input box open, and it will enlarge it).
    Does IT refer to my code or the code you posted?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The code I posted. It's basically your code, but with stuff added on to make it work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I copied and pasted the exact code you posted into the script box. After I used extendtext.exe. In total all the code came out to 3 lines. I have added more pictures. The event still does not work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You can't delete the new lines from the posted script, because that messes it up. Basically, open a new Script... event command, use extendtext, and finally paste in the script without changing anything.

EDIT: It should look like this:
    templna.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    You can't delete the new lines from the posted script, because that messes it up. Basically, open a new Script... event command, use extendtext, and finally paste in the script without changing anything.

EDIT: It should look like this:
    templna.png

I changed the variable to 39 because the variable in the event is 39.
    Before I changed it nothing happened and after I changed it hte following error came up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

Exception: NameError
    PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'

Is there a way to show an animation when the player throws a pokeball out and calls one of their pokemon out. Like when the battle starts the player throws the pokeball then just as the pokemon is released an animation is shown?

has anyone else gotten this error i really need help also can someone tell me what lines to edit to show a animation after the pokeball is thrown

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back