• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Can someone here give me the script and a little tuto because i need thi very fast....
    TY

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Can someone here give me the script and a little tuto because i need thi very fast....
    TY
    No offense but:
    1. No one, I mean no one is going to give a complicated script away for nothing.
    2. This should be posted in the help and request thread
    3. Please don't use text speak :D

This feels like mini-modding but I felt I had to get my point across.
    ~PP

Years
  • Awesome work

So, I'm completely new to this scene, so I'm going to try and keep any asking to a minimum, at least until I've read through the topic to find my problems and solutions, and actually spent some time trying to get it working, but it looks like everything you've done is amazing, and it's especially cool to find a topic that's still going, and hasn't been dead, unfinished, and unreleased for several years.

Hope to see even more awesome work, and whatever I use your work for, will be put up here on pokecom first(if it's ever worth being put anywhere, maybe after a years work lol)

Thanks for sharing all your amazing work!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Hey guys i need help !!!

How can i make one event??? in the internet like Darkrai in D/P/PT

(sry for my stupid question --')

Another question

When i put my log and pass , i wait and then it says: cannot connect to the server (timed out) what do i do now?

Are you by any chance using Pokemon Essentials : Online? Because it sounds to me like you are. In order to load a game in PE:O you have to go to the server folder and run server.exe, than you shouldn't have that error anymore (but thhat's only if you are using the Online starter kit). Also other questions regarding that online kit should be posted here.

Years
  • In the PokeBattle_ActualScene area of the script, i added (lines 1409-1413)

Code:
    if @outdoor
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["battlebg"])
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["enemybase"])
      pbDayNightTint(@sprites["playerbase"])
    end
    to the end of the pbBackdrop section, but when it's night the background doesn't change. Am I missing something blindingly obvious, because this is one of my first time adding bits to the script. I haven't added in any graphics for the night time backgrounds, because I assumed that's what the tint would do.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • I have a trainer with the same Name and Type. The ID is 2. How do I call that trainer into battle?

Years
  • In the PokeBattle_ActualScene area of the script, i added (lines 1409-1413)

Code:
    if @outdoor
    end
    to the end of the pbBackdrop section, but when it's night the background doesn't change. Am I missing something blindingly obvious, because this is one of my first time adding bits to the script. I haven't added in any graphics for the night time backgrounds, because I assumed that's what the tint would do.

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
    Years
  • i am sorry but the link for de download in the website is not working , can somebody give me the updated link for the starter kit?
    thank you

Years
  • Hi people. You know in R/S/E how you pick your pokemon from the bag? How would i go about making that event in RMXP?
    I have tried to do it but im new to this so i wasn't able to get it working.

Thanks~

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I have a problem with getting flashing to work in the battle animations. If I select the flash as a target, the flash color stays with the Pokemon. If I select screen for the flash, it has no effect, no flash whatsoever. How do I get this to work? My battle animations are kind of bland with out flashes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Hi, I have some ( I think ) easy questions.

1. I made a tree, that can be cut down. And I don't know how use the Badgeforcut function....
    My other question to "Hidden moves" is, how can I proove that a pokemon in the party
    knows this hidden move "Cut", or "Surf".
    When I use Surf, it didnt matter wether there is a badge, or a pokemon, who knows this move. :(

2. I have some grunts in a building, as normal trainers. When the boss was defeated, they
    should dissapear. But with an normal switch they don't.
    How can I make them dissapear?

I hope someone copuld help me with this...It would be very nice.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    i need help with events how do you make a warp to in my 032:pokemon league inside (008,013

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    In the PokeBattle_ActualScene area of the script, i added (lines 1409-1413)

Code:
    if @outdoor
    end
    That looks somewhat different to what's commented out in my version. I have this:

Code:
     if outdoor
      tone = $HourlyTones[Time.now.hour]
      @sprites["battlebg"].tone=tone
      @sprites["enemybase"].tone=tone
      @sprites["playerbase"].tone=tone
     end
    Does that work instead?

Hi, I have some ( I think ) easy questions.

1. I made a tree, that can be cut down. And I don't know how use the Badgeforcut function....
    My other question to "Hidden moves" is, how can I proove that a pokemon in the party
    knows this hidden move "Cut", or "Surf".
    When I use Surf, it didnt matter wether there is a badge, or a pokemon, who knows this move. :(

2. I have some grunts in a building, as normal trainers. When the boss was defeated, they
    should dissapear. But with an normal switch they don't.
    How can I make them dissapear?

I hope someone copuld help me with this...It would be very nice.
    1. When interacting with a tree, rock, boulder or water's edge, a check is done automatically to see if any of your pokémon know the appropriate move (Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Surf respectively). I believe this also happens for Dive when interacting with deep water. The script pbCheckMove is used (Pokemon Field, line 1591 onwards), and just below that script is what happens when you interact with a tree.

I presume you're wondering how to tell whether you have a pokémon that knows the move, or whether the tree is being cut down, etc. just because you're in Debug mode. The way to tell is the message that shows up: if it says "Scyther used Cut!" then you have a Scyther that knows the move. If it says "??? used Cut", then you have no pokémon with the required move ("???" is actually the name of the pokémon with National Dex number 0).

Note that it'll only find the first pokémon with that move, and use it. If you have a Scyther and a Charmeleon that both know Cut, but Scyther is before Charmeleon in your party, Scyther will always be used to cut down trees. It can't tell you how many of your pokémon knows a particular move - the pbCheckMove script only checks to see if at least one of your party knows it.

Alternatively, you can play the game on its own (i.e. not in Debug mode) and see if you can still do the same thing.

2. When you defeat the boss, make his event turn on a switch called "Boss at Silph Co defeated" or similar. In each grunt event, make a new page and have it completely blank (i.e. you can walk through it, there's no picture and it does nothing if you interact with it), and that page is activated only when that switch is turned on.

Note that the switch is a global one, not a self switch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Hope can help me, my English is bad, but I hope my understanding is
    trouble. When I add a Partner in the battle against coaches
    works well, but in the battles against wild Pokemon, Partner
    can't send to your second pokemon, and if all my Pokemon are fainted, the
    battle is never over. He also tried to just putting only one Pokemon to
    Partner, but still lost against wild Pokemon, the
    battle never ends

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Thank you, Maruno. It worked. :)
    But I still don't know, how to use the function : BADGEFORCUT.
    It say I should write there a value from 0 - 7, but I don't know how.
    I tried BADGEFORCUT(0), or BADGEFORCUT (0), or BADGEFORCUT0.
    ( In a conditional branch ).
    Does anyone know how to use this? Help would be really nice...

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Thank you, Maruno. It worked. :)
    But I still don't know, how to use the function : BADGEFORCUT.
    It say I should write there a value from 0 - 7, but I don't know how.
    I tried BADGEFORCUT(0), or BADGEFORCUT (0), or BADGEFORCUT0.
    ( In a conditional branch ).
    Does anyone know how to use this? Help would be really nice...

In the script editor, locate PokemonField. There you should be able to rearrange badges required as you want. If you want to be able to use an HM w/o a badge, I think it's either you leave it blank, or give it a -1, I can't remember... Maybe neither, but try that first. Anyway, once you have that completed, after you defeat a gym leader, make sure you have a command that should look like...

Code:
    Script: $Trainer.badges[0]=true

It's also recommended to create a switch for these badges, to simplify getting past certain areas. For example, after beating the gym leader, turning a switch on named [####: First Badge] = ON. That way if you had an event like.... A man guarding a house.

EVENT PAGE ONE:

(No conditions)

Text: Sorry, but there was a break in and we're in the middle of an investigation. Please come back later.

EVENT PAGE TWO:

Conditions: Switch [####: First Badge] = ON

And then have the entire page, including graphic blank, indicating the person left, or like wise, you could make a second event, very similar, except have it backwards, page one being blank, and page 2 being the man who was originally guarding walking around some place else...

Was that good enough of advice/help? o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back