• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
hey,
l wanted to try out the starter kid and l downloaded the latest version.
well, l cant start the editor it says: Script 'RtpAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError

Can someone give me an older version, or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
hey,
l wanted to try out the starter kid and l downloaded the latest version.
well, l cant start the editor it says: Script 'RtpAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError

Can someone give me an older version, or tell me how to fix it?

Thanks.

I believe that you can fix this by opening your script editor within RPG Maker and going to the RtpAndRegistry tab and going to line 423, and adding the word, "end", without quotes. That might fix it.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Meh....I edited too many to count. But that's not the case. It's something with the new resolution and screen size that blocks fully battle entry.

I have no idea, but I can give you my script, it's based on your new resolution, which is 512x384 not 784 lol; whatever, if you want it, PM me then. I'm not having that problem anymore, so... I don't think you have too many different lines from mine. If you want my script, you can compare both.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Exception: NoMethodError
Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in `bgm_play'
Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'
Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'
Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'
Interpreter:1486:in `command'
Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

All I did was remove the part that says to refer to the clipboard, and this appeared, can someone help? I plan on using this permanently, but the music is messing it up...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years

All I did was remove the part that says to refer to the clipboard, and this appeared, can someone help? I plan on using this permanently, but the music is messing it up...

I'm having this problem too, but only with the latest version. Has something been changed?
On a side note, thank you to whoever is working on this now. It's been a while since I've checked this project out so I'm not sure if Poccil is still working on it. If so, how's your education funding going? I hope it's all well. :laugh:

thepsynergist

Years
Can someone help me figure out how to temporarily remove all of the pokemon in my party and store them in a variable and call them back with a script command plz? I really need to know how to do this...plz help me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009

delete the audio.dll :)

I believe that you can fix this by opening your script editor within RPG Maker and going to the RtpAndRegistry tab and going to line 423, and adding the word, "end", without quotes. That might fix it.

umm, l dunno how to/cant open the editor.exe. And in the Game.exe it isnt.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
OK, which trback graphic is the one that is used ingame? :o

And can I change the size of each graphic? I need the backsprite of the trainer to be bigger.

The ones with the numbers in the name that correspond with the trainer type used for that player character are the ones used.

As for different size, its a matter of just changing the size of the file and possibly editting the script.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Could someone help me, i basically want the Pokemon that is number one on the Trainers Party to follow the Trainer (Using the Rips from HGSS for the Pokemons) ?

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Could someone help me, i basically want the Pokemon that is number one on the Trainers Party to follow the Trainer (Using the Rips from HGSS for the Pokemons) ?

That is extremely difficult, no-one has done it yet. You will either have to script it yourself, or wait for others to release a script that they complete.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Long since I've last posted here...anyways...I've been trying to solve this for about 2 days now, and I'm just going insane. Now I'm driving myself crazy and can't find even a trace of the script I could edit to fix my problem.
Now onto my problem. I've recently changed my game resolution to full dual screen NDS resolution (which is 512x784). Now whenever i try to start a battle, the black that moves away for the appearence of the battle keeps going away but stops at a certain point. The image below, I hope will show more details about my problem.
capture003h.png

And that's it. The black just stops and doesnt go away.

The viewport's height only increases while the enemy base is scrolling to the right. Since you doubled the screen height, you'll want to double the speed at which the viewport's height increases. Try finding and changing these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene:
Code:
  if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
   @viewport.rect.y-=2
   @viewport.rect.height+=4
  elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
   @viewport.rect.y-=4
   @viewport.rect.height+=8
  end

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Making Pokemon Levels control events.

I wanted to make it so that in order to pass certain areas all pokemon had to be at a certain level, (that way you can't just easily use only one pokemon to defeat the gyms, elite 4, and champion). I tried using
Code:
$Trainer.party.level
,but I can't seem to use it right, I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if that can even help prevent using just one or two pokemon. If that doesn't help is there a way I can do that?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
The viewport's height only increases while the enemy base is scrolling to the right. Since you doubled the screen height, you'll want to double the speed at which the viewport's height increases. Try finding and changing these lines in PokeBattle_ActualScene:
Code:
  if @viewport.rect.y>Graphics.height/4
   @viewport.rect.y-=2
   @viewport.rect.height+=4
  elsif @viewport.rect.y>0
   @viewport.rect.y-=4
   @viewport.rect.height+=8
  end

You, sir, are a genious...and I bow down to you. Thank you so much!:D This error has been driving me crazy.

thepsynergist

Years
Wichu, or anyone skilled in Pkmn Essentials, can someone help me with my problem.

I want to temporary remove the pokemon in my party and be able to call them back with a script command. Just like in the bug catching contest, Can someone please help me? I can't progress in my game if I don't have this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back