• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Ok guys, i didn't want to ask any more questions here but i have one more. You'll see, I'm making my own move effects and I got this error:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokémon Topaz Gem
Exception: NameError
Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115

PokeBattle_Move:888:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `eval'
PokeBattle_Move:888:in `pbFromPBMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:204:in `pbInitPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battler:396:in `pbInitialize'
PokeBattle_Battle:707:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:563:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:485:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:484:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:486:in `pbWildBattle'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Ok  
So, this thing is telling me that I didn't initialize the constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_115.
I added it to the move effects sript and also on the AI, but it still tells me that this is wrong, so how can I initialize that constant?

This move is suposed to call a Fog weather... yes ALL the Fog weather lines are already on the scripts, I have also an ability named "Foggy Sky" that allows you to call it, like Drizzle calls Rain, but I wanna call it from a move named "Fog Rise" too, and the index 115 is suposed to be the next after the 114(Charge Beam's effect).
Those line numbers don't match up with whatever's in my scripts, so I can't analyse much of what may be going on. However, I'll have a guess.

PokeBattle_MoveEffects contains all the different move effects in the game (as you know). Each different effect is a different class, called PokeBattle_Move_XX, where "XX" is a hexadecimal number (from 00 to FF, missing a few because there aren't 256 different move effects in the game).

The correct class, I think, is called by the following line:

Code:
return eval(sprintf("[COLOR=Red]PokeBattle_Move_%02X.new(battle,move)[/COLOR]",movedata.function))
Now it looks to me like this only allows for a 2 digit hexadecimal number (%02X), but you're trying to call number "115" - that's three digits. I don't know where you're getting that number 115 from, by the way.

Try renaming the class to "D6", fixing the pbs file moves.txt to use "D6" for that move, and try again.

Years
That looks like it's at the very end of PokeBattle_ActualScene (at least, it is in mine, give or take a few lines). I have 4 "end"s in a row at the end of mine (your quoted bit has 2, for comparison).

I believe I had this problem a while back, and it turned out the problem was either a missing or an extra "end" much earlier in the class. That missing/extra "end" meant the rest of the defs weren't being read properly, which for some reason translates to a syntax error at the end of the class.

Look at whatever you've changed in PokeBattle_ActualScene and see if the number of "end"s match up. I assume you've added something because your line numbering is 30 ahead of mine (February release, unedited).

Its still giving me the same error no matter how many ends I add or delete. Really frustrating me as I have no idea what is going on.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Hi, probably a noob question, but I have been using ever since it was released, and this problem has never happened to me.

When the main character walks over to the Professor and talks to him, some messages skip, and others repeat themselves. If you need more detail let me know.

Years
Anyone found a workaround yet for the issue with the latest Pokémon Essentials release - that crashes every time a Pokémon evolves?

I assume it's not just me that's having this problem...
Well, I haven't gotten that far into my game, but I bet that will be a problem, so can someone help us out?
Honestly, I'm surprised that people haven't been more concerned about this Pokémon-don't-evolve thing. I guess we're the only two using the latest Pokémon Essentials release..?

Anybody who wants to quickly test this, by the way, just has to go outside the starting area, head into the grass, capture a RATTATA and trade it with the guy in the Pokécenter. He gives you a HAUNTER which immediately evolves (Or at least, it's supposed to...)

Obviously, this is completely ruining any possibility of me actually being able to make a game, so help would be greatly appreciated from one of you clever folks.

Failing that, does anyone have an older version of Pokémon Essentials that they could send me? The only old version I have has trouble with the audio (PokemonHealing ME doesn't play) and I can't find any archive lists.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Those line numbers don't match up with whatever's in my scripts, so I can't analyse much of what may be going on. However, I'll have a guess.

PokeBattle_MoveEffects contains all the different move effects in the game (as you know). Each different effect is a different class, called PokeBattle_Move_XX, where "XX" is a hexadecimal number (from 00 to FF, missing a few because there aren't 256 different move effects in the game).

The correct class, I think, is called by the following line:

Code:
return eval(sprintf("[COLOR=Red]PokeBattle_Move_%02X.new(battle,move)[/COLOR]",movedata.function))
Now it looks to me like this only allows for a 2 digit hexadecimal number (%02X), but you're trying to call number "115" - that's three digits. I don't know where you're getting that number 115 from, by the way.

Try renaming the class to "D6", fixing the pbs file moves.txt to use "D6" for that move, and try again.

%02X means it formats the number to at least 2 digits, padding with 0s. It works fine with 3 digit numbers.
The problem seems to be with Fraot's script. Fraot: are you sure you spelled the class name correctly? Make sure you didn't put the new move class in the middle of another move class, too.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
Hi, probably a noob question, but I have been using ever since it was released, and this problem has never happened to me.

When the main character walks over to the Professor and talks to him, some messages skip, and others repeat themselves. If you need more detail let me know.

I dont really understand the question so a little more detail would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
1.Open editor.exe
2.Go to set encounters
3.Then choose new dentisy and choose land
4.After that you click on land and you will see pokemons where you can edit which one you want and what level and how often they will appear.

I think thats about it.

Okay, I found the editor.exe, but whenever I open it, I get this message:
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' Line 423: SyntaxError Occurred.
Then I went looking through the files in the game, and their is no script called 'RTPAndRegistry'. I need help...

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
When I talk to OAK, in my game. He repeats some of the text that I put in the event box. And I checked it over, and I didn't repeat any of it. Also, sometimes he skips the messages I put in the event box.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
When I talk to OAK, in my game. He repeats some of the text that I put in the event box. And I checked it over, and I didn't repeat any of it. Also, sometimes he skips the messages I put in the event box.
Show us what the event looks like (print screen or something), and we'll have a look.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
how would i make an event disappear depending on if im on a bike. like if im on a bike the event disappears, but when im on foot it reappears

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
l still cant use the newest essential version properly.
so can anyone give me an older version with less bugs?

thanks

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey I'm kinda new to doing srcipting and I'm having a problem where when I go into battle view port is not in the main screen where I want it.
Does anyone know how to change it so that it is higher. Thanks in advance.
Spoiler:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Well...

%02X means it formats the number to at least 2 digits, padding with 0s. It works fine with 3 digit numbers.
The problem seems to be with Fraot's script. Fraot: are you sure you spelled the class name correctly? Make sure you didn't put the new move class in the middle of another move class, too.

Well, lets see what's the problem. I saw the effect no. 114, which is Charge Beam's. So the numbers would continue up to 116, 117, 118, 119, 11A... or something like that? I added that effect on the AI script and on the move effects script so I don't see what's the problem. Just let me check this out again.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2009
how would i go about making the pokeball change sprites after a pokemon is caught?

i got the ball to stay there afterwards, but i can't figure out at all how to make it change to a different sprite afterwards (before going to the pokedex)

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2009
if you guys could help me um.... i cant get editor to work it has the

--------------------------------------------------------------
Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423: SyntaxError occured
--------------------------------------------------------------

but when i go to the script RTPAndRegistry isn't there o.o

can someone help me?
all help is apreciated! :)

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
peolple im new and i using a pokestarter and i have a error in the game icon and i can't resolve the error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back