• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Then, after that, to get the ForeignID to work correctly, change the part in like 263 from
    Code:
    [B]pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID[/B]
    to
    Code:
    [B][I]pokemon.ot=$Trainer.getForeignID[/I][/B]
    It worked fully when I tested it... The pokémon even had a different ID number like it is supposed to!!! Yay!! Hope anybody who is/was having a problem with this please with this... I give myself some kudos for this.... lol... Well, have funn... peace...
    This instruction looks wrong to me. "pokemon.ot" is the original trainer's name, not the original trainer's ID number.

No, you need to set "pokemon.trainerID" equals to the getForeignID. That's what works for me.

Thanks for the fix with the other part, though.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Hello guys! I just need to know how I can get an event to run as soon as you step on the event, not just touch it. When I do "Player Touch", it doesn't keep walking.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • OK, I need some help. I am trying to create a rival system so that the rival picks your weakness. I have stored the name in a variable: $game_variables[27]= "POKEMON" where POKEMON is the starter. When you choose Piplup for example, I use the script $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig". Then the rival will correctly say "I will choose Turtwig." Before the battle, I do a conditional branch to check which starter the rival has in the variable. For instance:

Code:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig"
      @>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:Rival_Turtwig)
      @>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Rival_Turtwig,"Barry",_I("What are you saying?\nWe ended up losing?"),false,0)
        @>
      :  Else
        @>Exit Event Processing
        @>
      :  Branch End
      @> Script: pbTrainerEnd
      @>
      @>

I have 3 branches one after the other for each Pokemon. But for some reason, it completely skips all of them. Anyone know why?

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    how do i overlap maps i.e. i want route 1 to go straight into pallet town etc?
    What I meant is don't put laps on top of each other. it will mess up your game. I just told you how to connect maps

How can I disable the header (says the name of cities, for example, in the top left corner) for a map? (I.E. Not have it show when I go inside a house)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    thanks for the reply :)

but i was just playtesting literaly a second ago, and than i changed the weather effect to sandstorm in 1 map, than it stopped working.. (i didnt compile / extract anything btw... i just saved changes and exited)

but ill try what you said, i have the 2nd essentials downloaded, what do i do with the townmap.txt file??? :S thanks. :)

From what I can understand, you must have deleted or moved the townmap.txt file. Try to find it or download essentials and copy that file.

From what I can understand, you must have deleted or moved the townmap.txt file. Try to find it or download essentials and copy that file.

but i was just playtesting literaly a second ago, and than i changed the weather effect to sandstorm in 1 map, than it stopped working.. (i didnt compile / extract anything btw... i just saved changes and exited)

but ill try what you said, i have the 2nd essentials downloaded, what do i do with the townmap.txt file??? :S thanks. :)
    Someone please reply, I really would like to continue working on my game....

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Can someone help me with an error. When I try to open Editor.exe, I get this error.

Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423: SytaxError occured.

I have been using VX so I can't change the scripting because I am still learning for XP.

If this problem has been asked before, could someone please redirect me to the answer.

Thanks!

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • OK, I need some help. I am trying to create a rival system so that the rival picks your weakness. I have stored the name in a variable: $game_variables[27]= "POKEMON" where POKEMON is the starter. When you choose Piplup for example, I use the script $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig". Then the rival will correctly say "I will choose Turtwig." Before the battle, I do a conditional branch to check which starter the rival has in the variable. For instance:

Code:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $game_variables[27]= "Turtwig"
      @>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:Rival_Turtwig)
      @>Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::Rival_Turtwig,"Barry",_I("What are you saying?\nWe ended up losing?"),false,0)
        @>
        @>Exit Event Processing
        @>
      @> Script: pbTrainerEnd
      @>
      @>

I have 3 branches one after the other for each Pokemon. But for some reason, it completely skips all of them. Anyone know why?

From what I know variables in RMXP can only store numbers.

What I meant is don't put laps on top of each other. it will mess up your game. I just told you how to connect maps

How can I disable the header (says the name of cities, for example, in the top left corner) for a map? (I.E. Not have it show when I go inside a house)

No need, it is like that by default.

Someone please reply, I really would like to continue working on my game....

Copy it over to your game's folder.

EDIT: Weird when I edited the posted to include The Smell's reply instead of save it said "Vote Now" (lol)
    It doesn't happen now though. :(

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
  • Error - Pokemon Editor.exe

When I go into the editor.exe and go to trainer types i get this error.
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x8e22e30>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I have not touched the original pokemon essentials folder besides adding trainer sprites 083
    and 084. I have checked the editor script and everything is O.K. Please help!!!

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • When I go into the editor.exe and go to trainer types i get this error.
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x8e22e30>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

I have not touched the original pokemon essentials folder besides adding trainer sprites 083
    and 084. I have checked the editor script and everything is O.K. Please help!!!

You haven't set what title the new trainers are.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Ok, i found an interesting glitch in Pokemon Essentials.

1.) you select a Pokemon move and your Pokemon goes second.

2.) The defending Pokemon suicides with a move like Curse(if ghost type) or self destruct.

3.) Your pokemon survives and you are asked to switch out. You say yes.

4.) When you switch out, The Pokemon that you switched uses the move the previous move that you selected.

I.E. Your Charmander is about to use Ember, the defending Pokemon dies before you use it. You switch to Totodile. Totodile uses Ember.

Is there anyway to fix this error. It's kind of a big one.

I guess a global error such as this one is not important in the eyes of my fellow game makers. Considering I know for a fact that almost everyone that uses Pokemon Essentials has this error, even if they didn't realize it, I thought that there would be a resolution to this by now. I just hope that some progress is being made to this. I understand if people don't have time to find out what's wrong with this, but I just thought that reporting a glitch in the starter kit would be helpful...

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • Another thing. How can I add a SE to play when you click Enter at the title screen? I want to do this in the script "Scene_Intro".

Thanks guys!

$game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("(Name of SE)", 100, 100))

You can change the .bgm to .se or any of the other names to the Sound folders in the Audio folder. Just be sure to keep the name lower cased or you'll get an error. The numbers at the end of the script line represent both the Volume and the Pitch. Change them as you please. and last but not least, your best bet would to be to add the line in between the def method and the end syntax...If you need help just let me know. Hope this helps ;)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    bug-2.png

See, my infernape turned to this when I trained it to Lv47. Anyone met this problem before?
    I'm using a very old version of Pokemon Essential kit. This has been bothering me so much. Any idea where to fix it?

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • $game_system.bgm_play(RPG::AudioFile.new("(Name of SE)", 100, 100))

You can change the .bgm to .se or any of the other names to the Sound folders in the Audio folder. Just be sure to keep the name lower cased or you'll get an error. The numbers at the end of the script line represent both the Volume and the Pitch. Change them as you please. and last but not least, your best bet would to be to add the line in between the def method and the end syntax...If you need help just let me know. Hope this helps ;)

Weird, I can't get it to work in the places I need it to, and only got it to work in the top part where it sounds straight away. Since I haven't changed the title-screen script at all, can you please copy the Scene_Intro script with the sound effect added. The sound effect is "487Cry" in the SE folder.

Another thing. It seems when I place blank tiles on upper layers, they take priority over the lower layers' objects' passage data. So if I had a blank tile with the "O" passage, and placed it on the top layer so that I could clear some unwanted objects there, but if I did that over a building, it would use the blank tile's "O" instead of the building tile's "X". If anybody gets this, how can I fix it?

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Is there a way to go the Pokemon Screen from the menu, and have the map showing as the background instead of the background that shows on the Pokemon Screen.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • I created roaming system.

COMMON EVENT - Parralell - Condition: (switch 1)
    Script:
    Code:
    @>Control variables: (variable 1) = random No. (0...999) //Random number for match
    @>Label: Roam
    @>Conditional branch: Script: $game_player.Moving? //Only if player is moving
      @>Control variables: (variable 2) = random No. (0.999) //random number
      @>Control variables: (variable 3) = Player's Terrain Tag
      @>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 2) == 2 //Cheks player if (s)he is in grass
        @>Conditional branch: Variable (variable 3) == Variable (variable 1) //Check variables match and then...
          (your code as text, cry, etc... before battle)
          @>Script: pbWildBattle(
          @>:     : ::PBSpecies::(species),(level),0,(true, if can flee))
          (your code as text, cry, etc... after battle)
          @>Control swirches: (switch 1) = OFF
          @>
         : Branch end
        @>
      @>
    @>Wait: 1 Frame(s)
    @>Jump to label: Roam
    @>
    You can use any number instead of 999. More number is less chance for encounter, and respectively.
    Please comment and rate.
    Video coming soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    ShadowLucario: Simply edit the sprites in the Graphics/Battlers folder. If you're looking for a spriter, try asking in the Help and Requests thread.

Klofkac: There is already a roaming system in the starter kit. Look at the PokemonRoaming script section. Also, your event does not actually make a roaming system - it just adds a rare wild encounter, with optional event commands happening before and after.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back