• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That file is compiled in order to be used in-game. It's like the pokémon data, you won't see a line about "BULBASAUR" at the scripts. I think you should keep that file there, otherwise the game will try to compile something that doesn't exist; unless you know how to remove the exact line where the battle tower script is.
    And about your item, I think the wrong thing is that you're keeping that item on the items.txt, don't you? If you do, then remove it from that file. And don't forget to reestablish the number count(lets say the Lax Incese is the number 153 and the next item is the Bright Powder which is 154, then, the Bright Powder will be the number 153, did you get it?)

And just to let you know... some things are not on the scripts because they're complied, like the Phone, you WONT see a line about the phone dialogs on the scripts.
    I looked at the script that compiles btpokemon.txt, and it only tried to compile it if it exists. Therefore it still works fine if it's not there. Also, I've already deleted it and it works, so that's some more proof.

I think you're also a little confused about my circumstances. I had deleted the item from my items.txt (in fact I pretty much made my own items.txt, so I could mor easily fiddle with it in future). The deleted item was still being referenced by btpokemon.txt, which is what was causing my problem. It's been resolved now.

Also, you're allowed to have gaps between item numbers (e.g. items 101, 102, 145, 146, etc. in numerical order). The original Essentials has several of these gaps.

My problem's solved, end of story. Don't worry about it.

Am I the only one who thinks some kind of Wiki would be useful for Essentials? More comprehensive documentation, handy hints, FAQs, etc.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    how do i get rid of grey spots around buildings?

Well there's two possible problems I can think of

1. You are putting the buildings on the first layer, put them on the 2nd or 3rd if you are.

2. You need to make the background transparent, you can do this with the import part of materials.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Whenever I get to the left side of one of my maps, I get this error message...

---------------------------
    Pokémon: Nature's Gift
    Exception: NoMethodError

Interpreter:883:in `command_116'

Interpreter:334:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Game_Event_:230:in `update'

Game_Map_:305:in `update'

Game_Map_:303:in `each'

Game_Map_:303:in `update'

Scene_Map:34:in `updateMaps'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Anyone know why?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
  • Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x74b03f0>
    PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'
    PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'
    PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'
    PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'
    PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'
    EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:26:in `loop'
    EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

I was trying to add some trainers.
    But when I got in the editor with the trainer stuff i got this.'
    Help!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can I get to my tilesset movable things like dive water or more flowers without autotiles? Or can I add more of ten autotiles?
    No, autotiles are the only way (without using events) to have an animated part of the map. You can have a maximum of 7 autotiles per tileset (i.e. per map).

You can instead create character sheets of whatever you want to be animated, and make an event with that character sheet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

I want to use formatted text (i.e. centred and coloured text) on the main screen of the Pokédex (where the list is), but I'm not sure how. Help would be appreciated.

The end result should be that I have the currently selected pokémon's species name displayed in a different part of the screen (yes, as well as in the list), centre aligned within a box (which is part of the background), and also the pokémon's type icons displayed below it.

I've already done this in the species summary page, by using the "overlay" SpriteWrapper and pushing the stylised text into it with pbDrawTextPositions. The problem is, "overlay" doesn't seem to be visible on the main Dex screen (list), regardless of what I try, so this approach doesn't work here.

Thanks for any help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    The window that displays the Pokedex list is named Window_Pokedex. Its refresh method contains the code that draws the text on the list. It draws the text on a bitmap named "self.contents". I hope this helps.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • Whenever I get to the left side of one of my maps, I get this error message...

Pokémon: Nature's Gift
    Exception: NoMethodError

Interpreter:883:in `command_116'

Interpreter:334:in `execute_command'

Game_Event_:230:in `update'

Game_Map_:305:in `update'

Game_Map_:303:in `each'

Game_Map_:303:in `update'

Scene_Map:34:in `updateMaps'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Anyone know why?

I'm just reposting this problem. Got knocked off since we are on a new page.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • ninjadude, I think if you read the script comments it may say how, or you can just search.

Hey guys, and thanks Maruno. Now i know how to script hold items, but I still don't know what line to put it on.

BIG PROBLEM - I just downloaded the new PokéStarter. (October 22 2009) Thing is, it automatically seeks the original pokestarter and goes in. Sadly, I don't know how to set it back. I mean, it starts acting like the first time you download it. Like the text issue and the 'test map"

And Maruno, I tried adding a script to PokeBattle_Move.
    This one, to line 142 and ending on 144:

Code:
    if opponent.item==PBItems::ILLUSIONGEM
      accuracy=(accuracy*60/100).floor
     end

i tried to start it with "game" since it didn't want to use the maps that our team added, but I got this:

Code:
    Pokémon Opal
    Script 'PokeBattle_Move' line 142: NameError occurred.
    undefined local variable or method `opponent' for PokeBattle_Move:Class
    OK   

Please help! >_<"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    kitsukitty:

It seems that you put the code in the wrong place. This is how that code should correctly be placed:
    Code:
       accuracy=(accuracy*95/100).floor
      end
    [b]  if isConst?(opponent.item,PBItems,:ILLUSIONGEM)
      end[/b]
     return [email protected](100)<accuracy
    end
    Also, the startup behavior is due to the fact that I renamed the fonts used in Pokemon Essentials. You should reinstall them manually.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Whoa! A response by the one an only poccil! 0_0
    *autograph paper*

XD jk.

lemme see..

ah, it seems to have worked.
    This is what I ended with, starting from line 137 and ending at 145:
    Code:
     if opponent.item==PBItems::LAXINCENSE
    end
      if isConst?(opponent.item,PBItems,:ILLUSIONGEM)
     end
     return [EMAIL="[email protected](100)<accuracy"][email protected](100)<accuracy[/EMAIL]
    end
    Thank you very much, poccil! Oh, but I still don't know how to add the latest updates to my game without making it start over like that! _._"
    Please help, somone.

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Weird... I don't know where do all of you get those updated kits... I'm satisfied with the one I downloaded on December 2008. Also, I don't get where do you see the link.
    Anyway, I wanted help from the legendary poccil about my move effect.
    Lemme look for it and re-post it later. That move is supposed to summon the Fog weather, I already created that weather indeed. Now, it also appears on the editor menu and stuff, and obviously a map can has that weather by deffault. But that move effect just don't work, when a battle(wild or trainer) begins, an error appears trying to tell me that the variable PokeBattle_Moveffects number 115 is not initialized, well, I'm not sure if that's the name because I can't see the scripts at this very moment since I'm not at home right now. I got that script from mad.array's Peddap and the last move effect is 114: Charge Beam.

You should know that I've already made some effects and I didn't know if they worked on battle, now I know they don't because they are not initialized... they SHOULD be because my effects are alittle bit alike to some other moves' SO... there shouldn't be any problem.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    can anyone help with this?

Exception: RuntimeError
    Section102:91:in `initialize'LoadLibrary: rubyscreen.dll

***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::LEADER_Roxanne,"Roxanne",_I("I enjoyed it."),false,0)
    Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `new'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `pbScreenCapture'
    PokemonSystem:122:in `update'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1107:in `pbInputUpdate'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1203:in `pbDisplayPausedMessage'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1201:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_ActualScene:1216:in `pbDisplayPausedMessage'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2317:in `pbDisplayPaused'
    PokeBattle_Battle:648:in `pbStartBattleCore'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:789:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

it happens when i try to tak a screen shot of a battle

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    ninjadude, I think if you read the script comments it may say how, or you can just search.

Hey guys, and thanks Maruno. Now i know how to script hold items, but I still don't know what line to put it on.

BIG PROBLEM - I just downloaded the new PokéStarter. (October 22 2009) Thing is, it automatically seeks the original pokestarter and goes in. Sadly, I don't know how to set it back. I mean, it starts acting like the first time you download it. Like the text issue and the 'test map"

And Maruno, I tried adding a script to PokeBattle_Move.
    This one, to line 142 and ending on 144:

Code:
    if opponent.item==PBItems::ILLUSIONGEM
     end

i tried to start it with "game" since it didn't want to use the maps that our team added, but I got this:

Code:
    Pokémon Opal
    Script 'PokeBattle_Move' line 142: NameError occurred.
    undefined local variable or method `opponent' for PokeBattle_Move:Class
    OK   

Please help! >_<"
    well what comments? i looked but there is no comments

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • well what comments? i looked but there is no comments

The comments in PokemonRoaming. You might have to so something like Set.PokemonRoaming(I have no idea, so don't bother using that).

Any thing with the # sign in front of it is a COMMENT. They're always colored green.

can anyone help with this?
    it happens when i try to tak a screen shot of a battle

I have no idea... I think there's something wrong with the .dll file. You didn't edit it, did you?
    Are you sure that you're pressing the right keys? I don't know if Pokéstarter has a shortcut key(F1, for example) to take screens. If there is one, and you are using it, I suggest you try to use your Computer's. I've never had this issue before.

i'll repost my quote for help:

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
    Years
  • hello,i am making a quick stat menu where you could press a button and the stats of all your pokemon would come up with a picture as the background that i have already put into the game but you can still see the map.

Problem:
    i have no idea how to draw the hp bar and level of the pokemon.
    (if you dont understand then i will try to clear i up as much as possible)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back