• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedfan98

NO DISASSEMBLE NUMBER 5!!
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    im making my own game. i cant figure out how to get my game plot and stuff posted. if anyone can help me figure this out, much thanx will be obliged.

Years
  • Ok, I'm somewhat new to Pokemon Essentials and I don't know how to script. I need to make a few changed in my game and don't know how to do so. I'll list all the things I want to change. Please, someone post the script along with instructions and tips on how to use it and it's effects. Just be sure to tell me which of my topics you are posting on. Thanks in advance.

1.) I want to have more than one region in my game, so I need the World Map to automatically change when a new region is entered. Sorta like in Crystal Version.
    2.) Since there are more than one region there will be more than eight badges. I need to know how to make it so that I can have more badges appear on my Trainer Card.
    3.) I want to make it so that level 100 is not the highest level you can obtain on a Pokemon. I would like level 200 to be the new highest level available.
    4.) My game lags pretty bad. Why is this? If there a script, or process to stop this. I really want my game to run as smooth as possible.
    5.) Just by looking at the PBSPokemon.txt file I can't tell if my version of Pokemon Essentials has all the new Pokemon Evolutions set up. It has all the new Pokemon, but when I look at Eevee's entry it doesn't say that it evolves to Glaceon, and Leafeon. Do I add this myself?

That's it for now. Thanks so very much for helping me out. I'll post more questions if I come across any issues I need help on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hmm... Do you get any errors or anything? Or does it just let you use a different move to what you used last anyway?

Years
  • Ok I've completed the demo, and begun creating my own Pokemon game. Now that I've seen more of what Pokemon Essentials can do I've come up with a few more questions.
    1.) How do I make night and day visible? It looks like day all the time as of now...
    2.) I love the Triple Tiad game. How can set individual cards as prizes for winning battles, contests, or as items to be found? I would also like to set up shops that sell individual cards that I choose. ex...A shop that only sells Water Type cards. Plus I'd like to know how the set up in the demo with the Triple Triad works. What does he mean catch more Pokemon to have him sell new cards? What all cards are there anyway?
    3.)The other mini game where the player fights another player. How do I set that one up? Also I'd like to increase both the players and the opponents HP as the game progresses. Like the defult is 10HP. Say you find a particular item that increases it to 11HP and so on. Plus I'd like the enemies to get harder as the game progresses.

Sorry for so many questions....It's just I can't seem to find the answers in the notes section, this forum, or google. I'm going to refrain from asking any more questions until some of these get answered. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • Hello there ok I have problem, I create an event so that the hero will be able to get there first starter pokemon but for some reason every time I go up to get the pokemon I get this error.

can someone help me?

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Hello there ok I have problem, I create an event so that the hero will be able to get there first starter pokemon but for some reason every time I go up to get the pokemon I get this error.

can someone help me?

I've gotten this before... I think. This is the error that I saw. I hope I got it right..?
    You need to do it EXACTLY as the notes say. So it should be:
    Code:
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=dimgray]Kernel.pbAddPokemon([/COLOR]
    [COLOR=dimgray]PBSpecies::CYNDAQUIL,20[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=dimgray])[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=royalblue]

So yes, you need to press enter after the '(' and one after the 'CYNDAQUIL,20'. And THEN put the ')'
    Annoying, I know, but there's probably a reason to it's madness. XD Tell me if that works.. or else I got the wrong error. Usually it gives a different error for this one.

That MIGHT be an error, but what it's seeking is something else, I think.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • I don't believe it has anything do with the event because it was working before but all of a sudden that error started popping up. I will try though to see if it works.
    EDIT: Nope it has nothing to do with the event I still get the same error.

Atomic Reactor

I downloaded the Oct 22nd kit, just to be up to date. And it says i need to install the fonts. Then it says they installed automatically and asks to restart. So i let it.
    Fonts still aren't working.
    So I try to do it manually, so i copy the fonts, and paste them into my comps font folder. But they don't show up as they are named? Like pkmndp shows up asl ike.. Power Green or something. Stuff like that, and the fonts still don;t show up in the game.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :(

Years
  • I still can't seem to find where in PokeBattle_ActualScene that you edit the Y Coordinates of the Enemy Pokemon, the last person (no offense) wasn't really that helpful in trying to help me. (In my take on it, he pretty much said to keep searching). Also, I need to know how I can edit the XY of the Player HP bar WITHOUT the Enemy HP bar moving (which it does every time I try changing the XY of the Player HP bar).

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:789:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:322:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Exception: RuntimeError

PokemonSystem:91:in `initialize'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `new'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `pbScreenCapture'
    PokemonSystem:122:in `update'
    Scene_Map:66:in `main'
    Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:71:in `main'
    Main:56:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    Main:31:in `mainFunction'
    Main:31:in `pbCriticalCode'
    Exception: RuntimeError

PokemonSystem:91:in `initialize'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `new'
    PokemonSystem:91:in `pbScreenCapture'
    PokemonSystem:122:in `update'
    PokemonLoad:35:in `pbChoose'
    PokemonLoad:33:in `loop'
    PokemonLoad:42:in `pbChoose'
    PokemonLoad:305:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
    PokemonLoad:304:in `loop'
    PokemonLoad:406:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

can someone help?i cant take screenshots

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The window that displays the Pokedex list is named Window_Pokedex. Its refresh method contains the code that draws the text on the list. It draws the text on a bitmap named "self.contents". I hope this helps.
    Sorry, it doesn't help much. Window_Pokedex just displays the list, which means it doesn't display other things like the seen/own numbers. What I wanted to do was display those seen/own numbers in coloured/centre aligned text, as well as display another piece of text (which just happens to be the name of the pokémon) and the pokémon's type icons. I want to leave the list itself alone, because it's fine as is.

I'm using Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize to display the seen/own numbers at the moment, but they can't be coloured/centre aligned. I've tried using the "overlay" SpriteWrapper, and making a new SpriteWrapper, but they just don't display anything. I think ideally I just want a SpriteWrapper covering half the screen, into which I can put what I want (I can do that), but I can't seem to define one properly.

hello,i am making a quick stat menu where you could press a button and the stats of all your pokemon would come up with a picture as the background that i have already put into the game but you can still see the map.

Problem:
    i have no idea how to draw the hp bar and level of the pokemon.
    (if you dont understand then i will try to clear i up as much as possible)
    There are a number of places where HP bars and EXP bars are displayed. The Party screen, the pokémon summary screens, the battle screens, etc. I'd suggest looking at the pokémon summary screen, because that's the simplest one to look at.

Basically, a HP bar is a box of a particular colour, which is made to be 6 pixels high and X pixels wide, where X is the health of the pokémon (as a proportion of the maximum width of the bar).

As for the level, that's just text. That's easy to place.

How are you making this quick stat menu? I would suggest copying the PokéGear's main menu and then editing it, because it's very simple to understand. Why make something from scratch when you can just copy-paste something that already works?

Ok I've completed the demo, and begun creating my own Pokemon game. Now that I've seen more of what Pokemon Essentials can do I've come up with a few more questions.
    1.) How do I make night and day visible? It looks like day all the time as of now...
    2.) I love the Triple Tiad game. How can set individual cards as prizes for winning battles, contests, or as items to be found? I would also like to set up shops that sell individual cards that I choose. ex...A shop that only sells Water Type cards. Plus I'd like to know how the set up in the demo with the Triple Triad works. What does he mean catch more Pokemon to have him sell new cards? What all cards are there anyway?
    3.)The other mini game where the player fights another player. How do I set that one up? Also I'd like to increase both the players and the opponents HP as the game progresses. Like the defult is 10HP. Say you find a particular item that increases it to 11HP and so on. Plus I'd like the enemies to get harder as the game progresses.

Sorry for so many questions....It's just I can't seem to find the answers in the notes section, this forum, or google. I'm going to refrain from asking any more questions until some of these get answered. Thanks in advance for helping me out.
    1) Have you set the maps' metadata to Outside? If the game thinks the maps are indoor maps, then they'll always be the same brightness. The day/night lighting is active by default (but only for outdoor maps).

2 & 3) Don't know. I haven't looked at the mini-games, and probably won't. The reason you can't find much about them is probably because they're only mini-games.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • @Maruno: Check around line 273 at the pokedex script in essentials. Look out for this line:

"@sprites["infowindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",0,160,160,160,@viewport)"

I haven't tested anything but I'm sure it controls both coordinates and the size of the box. I don't know about making the text colored though, maybe check the pokemonload script?

Atomic Reactor

Alright, I don;t mean ti repeat myself, but this problem has now become quite the issue.
    Cause now, Anytime i try to type on Paint, it shuts down the program...
    Is anyone else having problems with the text?

It keeps saying the the text isnt installed, then it says it installed, and it restarts... but then it still says it isnt installed.

So i tried it manually, still didnt help.
    When i paste the fonts in, they show up as some other font. With like a different name.

So i tried deleting those, then using old fonts from previous kits.
    And i pasted the old ones into the current game as well

Still having the same problems...

Can someone please help me :(

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Alright, this was asked in page 185, but no answer was posted.

I've changed the resolution of my game to DS resolution. Now I need to set the map up so that it only appears in the "top screen". Where in the scripts should I go to do this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back