• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • @maruno, thanks for trying, but it didnt work.
    I just want to make something similar to the Pokegear script but displaying on the side if you get me, so an icon can update when the arrow is on a particular selection.

I guess i'll keep trying until i come up with something :)
    Thanks anyway.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • @maruno, thanks for trying, but it didnt work.
    I just want to make something similar to the Pokegear script but displaying on the side if you get me, so an icon can update when the arrow is on a particular selection.

I guess i'll keep trying until i come up with something :)
    Thanks anyway.
    "command" is the menu's index. Perhaps it's something else you're not doing right.

Note that the scrolling up/down the menu is done in Kernel.pbShowCommands (in PokemonMessages), NOT in the menu script. And that's used for a few other things too, so you can't just modify it straight off. You could copy-paste it to make a main menu-only version, and add in the extra "update icons" parts in there, which should work (remember to define the icons at the beginning somewhere amongst the part that decides which commands you have).

Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Well even if no Nasty Plot in this one, i simply added Nasty Plot to it, thanks alot to Tail Glow. :)

Porygon-Z isnt supposed to learn Thunderpunch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The D/P only moves in the D/P Pokémon level-up movesets were replaced with old moves with similar effects.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • You need to put Mimibud in speech marks; at the moment, the game thinks it's a constant name. Putting it in speech marks will make it think it's a string, which is what you want.

...pssh. I'm an idiot. Thanks, it works now.
    Now I'm gonna add some minigames~~

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a script that could extract the following to a passworded TXT file:
    OT
    Stats
    Pokemon Type
    Name
    All the moves
    Everything about the pokemons data pretty much

Then it should erase the pokemon

and then re-import it.
    This way, I could create a application in GM that could be sort've like a pokewalker, it would sit on your computer above every window and display the pokemon exported. It would get hungry, you would feed it, and after some time it would level up. If it gets too hungry then it would stop leveling up(to prevent people from leaving it on).

This is all just an idea but it could be a really cool addition to my pokemon game which I am about to restart.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a script that could extract the following to a passworded TXT file:
    OT
    Stats
    Pokemon Type
    Name
    All the moves
    Everything about the pokemons data pretty much

Then it should erase the pokemon

and then re-import it.
    This way, I could create a application in GM that could be sort've like a pokewalker, it would sit on your computer above every window and display the pokemon exported. It would get hungry, you would feed it, and after some time it would level up. If it gets too hungry then it would stop leveling up(to prevent people from leaving it on).

This is all just an idea but it could be a really cool addition to my pokemon game which I am about to restart.

Hmm, I wonder what happens if I open it in a text editor, and change these numbers to 999?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Read the first line wich:

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    As far as I know, there's no way to have a passworded text file. Even then, what if I find out the password?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    The chances of you finding the password are slim to none. Unless the creator gives it away.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    But that doesn't change the fact that it's not possible to password-protect a plain text file.

Even if it was, the password would have to be stored in both the game and the GM app; it wouldn't be hard for someone to extract it and post it on PC.

Finally, wouldn't it be easiest just to read the Pokémon data directly from the RMXP save?

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    No the RMXP save is encrypted in the fact it looks like this:
    o:PokeBattle_Trainer:
    @name"
    Ohexi:@moneyiÐ:@badges[
    FFFFFFFF[][][][][][][][][]... thent eh rest are []'s

Besides, I could convert everything in GM to binary so it would be hard for most people to change(You would have to be damn persistent to do this)
    How bout this, the password in GM is hidden, in binary, and before converted to binary everything is divided by 2568910, and the password is 100 characters long(copy and paste, this means it won't be a problem for the creator) Of course these numbers will vary sense they are public.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    And what's stopping me reversing that? Multiplying by 2568910 and changing it back to text?

The RMXP save isn't encrypted. It uses Ruby's Marshal module to dump the necessary data to a file. If you could find some way of running a Ruby script in GM, you could easily open it.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Because, if you want to use a binary converter, and multiply by the number, you can. But at that point your just wasting time for a game no one will ever challenge you in XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    I have a newbie question,
    in Pokemon essentials how do I connect the Pokemon battle sprite to the Pokemon species?
    Not sure if I explained that right~
    I know how to make a blank species with the Pokemon.txt but have no idea how to connect it to the right spirit.

Please and thank you :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    I have a newbie question,
    in Pokemon essentials how do I connect the Pokemon battle sprite to the Pokemon species?
    Not sure if I explained that right~
    I know how to make a blank species with the Pokemon.txt but have no idea how to connect it to the right spirit.

Please and thank you :3

I believe that you create the pokemon you want to add in the pokemon.txt file (in pokestarter\PBS). Then add the 128x128 sprite into the pokestarter\Graphics\Battlers folder. The name of the sprite should be the number of the pokemon in the pokemon.txt file that you added (XXX). You also have to add the backsprite, same size, named XXXb. The pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies in the PokemonUtilities script links the two together automatically. So for example, I added the following to pokemon.txt:

Code:
    [494]
    Name=MISSINGNO
    InternalName=MISSINGNO
    Kind=Glitch
    Pokedex=There is no Pokedex data for this Pokemon.
    Type1=FLYING
    Type1=NORMAL
    BaseStats=33,136,0,6,6,29
    Rareness=3
    BaseEXP=255
    Happiness=0
    GrowthRate=Slow
    StepsToHatch=30720
    Color=Gray
    EffortPoints=3,0,0,0,0,0
    Abilities=
    Compatibility=15,15
    Height=10.0
    Weight=3,507.2
    GenderRate=Genderless
    Moves=1,WATERGUN,1,WATERGUN,1,HIDDENPOWER,1,SKYATTACK,100,POUND
    EggMoves=
    Evolutions=
    Then I added the sprites 494.png and 494b.png to the pokestarter\Graphics\Battlers folder. In the game i made a random event that consisted basically of:

Code:
    Script: pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::MISSINGNO,20)
    The event creates a wild pokemon encounter with a level 20 MISSINGNO with the sprite 494.png as the opposing pokemon.

For other forms you need a little more coding in the pokemon utilities. However i have yet to figure out how to change forms during battle. If anyone knows how to update that sprite in battle, say if transform was used or a pokemon like castform changed forms, that would really help me out with what i am trying to figure out right now.
    Thanks,
    ~Shadowdrake77

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2009
    Thank you very much your like my god now <3

Oh and do I really need the script since it's name shows up in the encounters in the editor?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back