• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Poccil: I know that, but the problem is, even when using an extremely low number, the enemy sprite is still too far down, and since you can't go into the negatives you can't get it any further up :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Well My demo is ready but I'm having a tileset issue that I've never encountered! Every thing can be walked on and events are simply stepped on. I need help....before I release the demo.

Atomic Reactor

Did this happen after you activated an event? Perhaps one that had the "Through ON" command? Make sure to have that turned off. Other than that, i cant think of any other solution.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen today
    Poccil: I know that, but the problem is, even when using an extremely low number, the enemy sprite is still too far down, and since you can't go into the negatives you can't get it any further up :)
    I solved this myself just the other day.

For starters, search PokeBattle_ActualScene for the word "metrics". You should find three separate places it appears:

• class PokeballSendOutAnimation (for enemy trainers' mons)
    • class PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation (for the player's mons (back sprites))
    • def pbStartBattle(battle) (for enemy wild encounters)
    In each of these places, there are a few variables that are calculated that decide where the sprites go.

For the first one, it's "@spritex", "@spritey" (where the mon appears from its Ball) and "@endspritey" (where the mon ends up after being called out). "@spritex" is common to both of these, and the latter two should give the same numbers.

For the second one, it's the same thing but there's no "@endspritey" to worry about.

For the third one, it's rather more obvious. You want the lines that affect "@sprites["pokemon1"].x" and similar.

Essentially, the metrics (the three numbers in pokemon.txt that you can use to change the heights of the sprites) are loaded and then used to calculate the positions of the sprites (obviously). Follow the code through and decide where they're used, and how. All you need to do is to add/subtract a certain amount from one line in each case, and it should be fine.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • ---------------------------
    Pokemon Pyrite
    ---------------------------
    Exception: NameErrorMessage: undefined local variable or method `dexdata' for #<PokemonPokedexScene:0x936f4f0>PokemonPokedex:449:in `pbSearchDexList'PokemonPokedex:448:in `find_all'PokemonPokedex:448:in `each'PokemonPokedex:448:in `find_all'PokemonPokedex:448:in `pbSearchDexList'PokemonPokedex:775:in `pbDexSearch'PokemonPokedex:746:in `loop'PokemonPokedex:801:in `pbDexSearch'PokemonPokedex:863:in `pbPokedex'PokemonPokedex:840:in `loop'This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

This kinda got lost on the last page. I can't release a new demo of my game until this gets fixed so can someone tell me what I can do to fix this error? It happens whenever I try to use the search function on the Pokedex.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen today
    uhm,i was wondering what script in the starter kit would i edit to re-size the the screen?
    or how would i go about doing this?

please help.
    The two lines practically at the top of SpriteResizer are what you want.

Remember that the screen resizing options in the Options menu during gameplay will override this. If you want your game to be one fixed resolution, you should take the screen resize option out of the in-game Options menu.

Also, in many cases you'll need to change the positioning of all screen elements (pictures/text). This is lengthy work, particularly if you're using a weird custom resolution.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hi where i can change position of message window when i talk to npc? I use resolution 640x480

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    Ok, im having an issue with my overworlds since the last update. When I try to walk behind them it shows me on top of their heads

issues.jpg

any suggestions on how to fix this?

edit: so looking at it a little more, it's ignoring all of my priorities as well

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Castform and Transform in battle sprite changes?

Has anyone been able to figure out how to change the forms of Castform in battle? Or when using transform to display the copied sprite in Ditto's place? I tried searching for this, but no luck. I tried editing pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies in PokemonUtilities similar to Unown:

Code:
      elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:CASTFORM)
       if @pbWeather==PBWeather::HAIL
         form=1
       elseif @pbWeather==PBWeather::RAINDANCE
         form=2
       elseif @pbWeather==PBWeather::SUNNYDAY
         form=3
       else
         form=4
       end
       if form==4
       return AnimatedBitmap.new(
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s",species,
           pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
           back ? "b" : "")   
        )
       else
       return AnimatedBitmap.new(
          sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s_%d",species,
           pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
           back ? "b" : "", form)   
        )
        end
    Where the alternate forms of Castform are named 351_1, 351b_1, etc. I also found pbForecast in PokeBattle_Battler and figured that following the 'castform has transformed' message you would have to refresh the sprite during battle. However, looking at the code that first displays the sprite, and trying several different modifications of it, i was unable to figure out how to refresh.

I think that there may be a problem with my weather checking code. Another way i tried was to check castform's type and display the matching sprite.

(replace weather check with "if pokemon.type1==PBTypes::ICE")

But i think i would still need a 'refresh sprite in battle' code to make this work. (Implemented in pbForecast) Does anyone figured out a way to do this yet? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Seriously, do some changes.

Add Nasty Plot and Trick Room for Porygon-Z.. Add Tri Attack for it if you havent already. Add Signal Beam if you havent. Add Zap Cannon if you havent.

Seriously, almost all pokemon dont have the right moves.

You should add all the moves.

Also, Game.exe doesnt work for me. :/

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • erm, I'm attempting to remake Amity Square in a game I'm creating(along with the help of some awesome, talented peeps! XD) and I keep running into issues with a dependent script.
    Every time I talk to the lady that lets you through to the park and it tries to add the Dependent script, it give me this and closes:

Code:
    Message: Script error within event 1, map 41 (Amity Square):
    (eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Mimibud
    ***Full script:
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
    4,Mimibud,4)

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:1652:in `eval'
    Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'
    Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:190:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:195:in `update'
    Scene_Map:100:in `update'
    Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

I don't really understand the dependent scripts, on the notes it wasn't explained all-out. Like, it just uses @event_id, not a number, also. (and I have no idea what an arbitrary name or whatever is) :P Sorry to be so dumb. Thanks for the help.

maaddogg

Epic spriter in the making!!
    Years
  • The two lines practically at the top of SpriteResizer are what you want.

Remember that the screen resizing options in the Options menu during gameplay will override this. If you want your game to be one fixed resolution, you should take the screen resize option out of the in-game Options menu.

Also, in many cases you'll need to change the positioning of all screen elements (pictures/text). This is lengthy work, particularly if you're using a weird custom resolution.
    thanks that really helped and i got what i wanted but how do i fix this?

problem-1.png

thanks again!

Years
  • Hey there, i hope someone can help me with this, it's pretty important :/

Ok basically, i need to find out the index of the main menu so that i can use it in a case statement.
    I've tried everything, cmdwindow.index, @command_window.index and i just can't figure it out.
    I've been trying for about 3 hours now and just cant figure it out.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Maruno

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi where i can change position of message window when i talk to npc? I use resolution 640x480
    It should appear at the bottom of the screen by default. If it doesn't, there's something wrong. Or do you just want to display it in a different place?

thanks that really helped and i got what i wanted but how do i fix this?

problem-1.png

thanks again!
    What needs fixing? Do you want the black part at the bottom to be filled with the picture?

The software only supports a maximum resolution of 640x480. It can't display any pictures outside this area. That's probably why all the dual screen games have such small screens, so they don't hit the bottom limit.

Hey there, i hope someone can help me with this, it's pretty important :/

Ok basically, i need to find out the index of the main menu so that i can use it in a case statement.
    I've tried everything, cmdwindow.index, @command_window.index and i just can't figure it out.
    I've been trying for about 3 hours now and just cant figure it out.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)
    This is how the main menu index is dealt with:
    Code:
    if cmdPokedex>=0 && command==cmdPokedex
    Try just using "command". The index counting system is as normal (i.e. zero-based).

I made something bad in scripts. Please, can help?
    That's not at all helpful. What part of the scripts did you "made something bad" in? What's so bad about it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Seriously, do some changes.

Add Nasty Plot and Trick Room for Porygon-Z.. Add Tri Attack for it if you havent already. Add Signal Beam if you havent. Add Zap Cannon if you havent.

Seriously, almost all pokemon dont have the right moves.

You should add all the moves.

Also, Game.exe doesnt work for me. :/

Uh... It's a 3rd gen starter kit, so no Nasty Plot or Trick Room. It learns Tri-Attack by level-up. And you can add your own move tutors for Zap Cannon and Signal Beam.

What's your obsession with Porygon-Z anyway?

erm, I'm attempting to remake Amity Square in a game I'm creating(along with the help of some awesome, talented peeps! XD) and I keep running into issues with a dependent script.
    Every time I talk to the lady that lets you through to the park and it tries to add the Dependent script, it give me this and closes:

Code:
    Message: Script error within event 1, map 41 (Amity Square):
    (eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Mimibud
    ***Full script:
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
    4,Mimibud,4)

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

I don't really understand the dependent scripts, on the notes it wasn't explained all-out. Like, it just uses @event_id, not a number, also. (and I have no idea what an arbitrary name or whatever is) :P Sorry to be so dumb. Thanks for the help.

You need to put Mimibud in speech marks; at the moment, the game thinks it's a constant name. Putting it in speech marks will make it think it's a string, which is what you want.

What needs fixing? Do you want the black part at the bottom to be filled with the picture?

The software only supports a maximum resolution of 640x480. It can't display any pictures outside this area. That's probably why all the dual screen games have such small screens, so they don't hit the bottom limit.

I believe that limit only applies to Plane objects. Changing it to a Sprite object should make it work.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Problem: I copied the events page from the person who gives you a Pokegear pokemon and the running shoes and pasted it to another map, the Pokegear and 'mon work fine but I can't run...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back