• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • Does anyone know how to make it so that a movie (.avi file) plays before the title screen of my game? I know that Pokemon Essentials comes with the a script that plays movies, but I don't know how to call it before the title screen.

Years
  • Code:
    def pbCallTitle
      if $DEBUG
        return Scene_DebugIntro.new
      else
        # First parameter is an array of images in the Titles
        # directory without a file extension, to show before the
        # actual title screen.  Second parameter is the actual
        # title screen filename, also in Titles with no extension.
        return Scene_Movie.new("INTRO")
      end
    end

Replace the PbCallTitle section in Main with that.
    But remember to edit the end of Scene_Movie so that it goes to PokemonLoad afterwards.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • How to add custom pokemon

How do you add your own fakemon to a game? When I did, it showed the pokemon, but there were over like, 10 lines between them. As if there were other pokemon, when I only added one......I hope I'm explaining this properly.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Does anyone have the day/night tint colors that look close to the ones in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl? If not, that's okay; I just wanted to know if anyone else had done it before I go through a ton of trial and error editing that part of the script myself.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • What about the Icons??

Try adding a Pokemon with an id # of 494. If you start with that number, it will be right after Arceus.

Ah, sorry, Though, what should I do about it's icon?? The egg just comes up, also, what if I wanna add more then one??
    It goes up to icon 539, which is the evolvtion of a shellos. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Think about how many Fakemon you want in your game. I would just give yourself 100 slots just for simplicity. After you decide, change the number in the filename of all the icons after Arceus (except for items only the Pokemon) by however many Fakemon you want. After that, I forgot where you tell the game what filename the egg is...I don't think it matters, just add the icons based on what the ID # of the Fakemon as normal and it should be okay. Perhaps someone else can explain it better, I forgot how I made mine work.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Hi,

I got a problem with the sprites. My Pokémon Backsprites go higher and higher with every choice I make in battle (e.g. Attack). And often the Foe sprites appear way too high on their field.
    I also looked at the usage notes, but can't find anything helpful.
    I uploaded a screen to show what I mean...

h ttp://poketeam.square7.ch/spritetoohigh1.PNG

It would be very nice if someone could describe in detail what I need to change where to solve that problem... so that I can follow.
    (I'm sorry for my English, hope you could understand me)

Vi-black

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Where i can edit maps types like with bug contest or safari zone i want to create my map type.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ok, i have to questions... well more like requests...

1.During long battles the ally's sprite bounces and starts moving away from the bottom of the screen towards the top of the screen. I saw a fix for this awhile ago I cant find it has anyone seen it or does anyone have it and can they share?

2. Does anyone have D/P or HG/SS Trainer sprites already resized and ready to use in RMXP? if you do would u mind providing a link to download them? I can make the trainer sprites but I'd rather not waste my time doing so if its already been done...

EDIT: VI-Black posted the same problem as me so to confirm see his screenie for my first question.

Where i can edit maps types like with bug contest or safari zone i want to create my map type.

In the METADATA use the editor to edit the maps MATADATA

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hi,

I got a problem with the sprites. My Pokémon Backsprites go higher and higher with every choice I make in battle (e.g. Attack). And often the Foe sprites appear way too high on their field.
    I also looked at the usage notes, but can't find anything helpful.
    I uploaded a screen to show what I mean...

h ttp://poketeam.square7.ch/spritetoohigh1.PNG

It would be very nice if someone could describe in detail what I need to change where to solve that problem... so that I can follow.
    (I'm sorry for my English, hope you could understand me)

Vi-black
    You can set the heights of the foe Pokémon sprites in pokemon.txt (the BattlerEnemyY and BattlerAltitude lines). This is mentioned in the notes.

As for the back sprite rising up and up during battle, I had a similar problem (they sunk instead of rose). I fixed my problem by going into PokeBattle_ActualScene and looking for the line "if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1". You'll find something like this:

Code:
     def update
      @frame+=1
      @updating=true
      if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY+2
       self.visible=@spriteVisible
      elsif @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
       self.visible=(@frame%10<7)
      elsif 
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
      end
      @updating=false
     end
    This is the part of the code that tells the back sprite to bob up and down. My problem was that if I ordered an attack when the back sprite was currently "down", that "down" position became the new "up" position for the next round.

I solved this by adding in another "if" clause, like so:

Code:
     def update
      @frame+=1
      @updating=true
      if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=[COLOR=SeaGreen]198[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=Red]elsif @selected==1
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=196
       self.visible=@spriteVisible[/COLOR]
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
      elsif 
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
      end
      @updating=false
     end
    The red bit is the stuff I added. I also changed the value in green. This now makes the back sprite's y position alternate between two fixed values, rather than "@spriteY" and "@spriteY+2" (which could be altered during battle).

I don't know whether the solution to your problem would look anything like this, but it's worth having a look. I know someone else had your same problem a while back, but I can't find their post (I know I responded to it, with the info I've just given). I think it worked for them.

Also note that my code is over a year old, and it may have changed since. Perhaps it's a change to this code that makes the back sprite now rise instead of sink - I don't know.

As always, it's best that you try to understand what's going on, rather than blindly copy what I've done.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    @ Maruno
    Oh you're right about the foe positions. I missed that. I fixed the Delcatty position. Thank you!

But my second problem just changed *ggg*
    Piplup is now blinking XD

Thats the script code part... but I'm afraid its different to yours. I'm at the very beginning in understanding Ruby, thatsway I have my problems in really understanding this now ^^'

Spoiler:

Maybe you can tell me how to fix it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It certainly looks like an attempt was made to fix it.

It's not blinking; the back sprite is simply shifting between two positions (as it should), but one of those positions is off the bottom of the screen.

In the code you added, I see the number 196. Don't use that - that's my number, and it certainly won't work correctly for you (I'm using a different screen resolution). Try using 50 and work from there. Alternatively, replace that line with "self.y=@spriteY", which may or may not work (I'd need to see the rest of PokeBattle_ActualScene to decide if it would).

This particular bug took me ages to figure out, and I'm usually quite good at figuring things out. But at least I've said where the problem lies, which is 80% of the problem, and another 19% is the solution which I've also posted (the remaining 1% is using the right number, which is up to you).

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • @ Maruno

But my second problem just changed *ggg*
    Piplup is now blinking XD

Thats the script code part... but I'm afraid its different to yours. I'm at the very beginning in understanding Ruby, thatsway I have my problems in really understanding this now ^^'

Spoiler:

Maybe you can tell me how to fix it?

Here post this fix

Code:
    [COLOR=blue]if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon[/COLOR]
       self.x=@spriteX
       [COLOR=red]self.y=118[/COLOR]
       elsif @selected==1
       self.x=@spriteX
       [COLOR=red]self.y=120[/COLOR]
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
      elsif 
       self.x=@spriteX
       self.y=@spriteY
     [COLOR=blue] end[/COLOR]

delete everything in your script between the blue parts including the blue parts if you want but you dont have to.

Paste the code above!

after you do change the red parts to the values you need those are my values. If you dont know your values playtest game as it is. If the pokemon is higher than you raise the values. If your pokemon is lower than its supposed to be you lower the value. With enough trial and error you should eventually find your values.

Thanks Maruno for that fix it works great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back