• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
I still need an answer for my previous question:
How can I make the server work. I tried to make it work but it still says that it's not connected.

And I have another question. In Pokemon Platinum and in Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, certain trainers are animated, such as the gym leaders and elite four. How can I animate trainers in my game

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
This year there was a detailed guide released during the Christmas time that explains how to create animated Trainers and PokéMon. Just search through the game development thread and you should find it... Then again, I forgot the name of the thread so I just went ahead and got the link. here. o.o

Anywho, time for a simple question. For the latest release of essentials (April 12th), I noticed that the PokéMon don't make their cry sound in the PokéDex when scrolling through it. I checked my March 15th version and it worked just fine. Comparing the 2 scripts, I realized nothing was different. They both, at line 485 had the
Code:
pbPlayCry(species)
Anyway, does anyone have a solution for this to work again? o.o

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
This year there was a detailed guide released during the Christmas time that explains how to create animated Trainers and PokéMon. Just search through the game development thread and you should find it... Then again, I forgot the name of the thread so I just went ahead and got the link. here. o.o

Anywho, time for a simple question. For the latest release of essentials (April 12th), I noticed that the PokéMon don't make their cry sound in the PokéDex when scrolling through it. I checked my March 15th version and it worked just fine. Comparing the 2 scripts, I realized nothing was different. They both, at line 485 had the
Code:
pbPlayCry(species)
Anyway, does anyone have a solution for this to work again? o.o

I see the problem its a quick fix. In the def pbPlayCry you'll find:
Code:
if pokemon.is_a?(Numeric)
    pkmnwav=sprintf("%03dCry_%d",pokemon,pokemon)
    pbSEPlay(RPG::AudioFile.new(pkmnwav,volume,pitch ? pitch : 100)) rescue nil
change this line:
Code:
to:
Code:
pkmnwav=sprintf("%03dCry",pokemon)

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Wow! Amazing program!
I downloade because I was gonna make a game, but then I found out it cost money.
I still use many thing from your program for spriting.
Great job!

Years
I have a problem with Battle Music :(

Basically, and i'm not sure why, but my battle music seems to start a bit into the track so you miss the first part.
It's the April 12th version of the kit, so the newest one.

Anyone else having this problem, or have fixed it?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years

Basically, and i'm not sure why, but my battle music seems to start a bit into the track so you miss the first part.

Its not the only problem, the bag storage has a problem

PokemonBag:761:in `pbStoreItem'
PokemonDebug:388:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:387:in `each'
PokemonDebug:387:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonDebug:276:in `loop'
PokemonDebug:495:in `pbDebugMenu'
PokemonMenu:224:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:223:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokemonMenu:223:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017

Try erasing the Audio.dll (it messes with the MIDIs, which is what a lot of the music in the kit is). If that doesn't fix it (it may leave the intro MIDI playing into the battle until finished) then find
Code:
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
and change it to
Code:
Audio.me_fade(2500)
trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
pbWait(20)
Audio.me_stop
Audio.bgm_stop
That will hopefully take care of it.

Years
I see the problem its a quick fix. In the def pbPlayCry you'll find:
Code:
if pokemon.is_a?(Numeric)
    pbSEPlay(RPG::AudioFile.new(pkmnwav,volume,pitch ? pitch : 100)) rescue nil
change this line:
Code:
to:
Code:
pkmnwav=sprintf("%03dCry",pokemon)
Which script is the def pbPlayCry in?

Years

important tip: you can search all the scripts for a specific phrase by right clicking on the left hand column list of scripts and selecting find or search or something.
Wow I never knew that! Thanks! You are a life saver! I've spent hours manually searching for stuff in all the scripts.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
capture077.png

Hold would I get the trainer to stay there? I asked Luka about it but what he said didn't seem to work.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You need to find traainer fade lines and remove dispose or sommething like that i dont remember that.

tailsdollscreator

the psychic\dark\ghost trainer
Years
hey i have one of those!

i also have a rpg designer & i can't figure out how to get it to work can some one help me please?!

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
Triple Triad Cards in Bag

Hi!

I am currently creating a PKMN-Game with the "Pokémon Essential Starter Kit" and I like the "Triple Triad" mini game.

But I have few questions about this:
Is it possible to add a new menu to the bag for the cards the player has?

And is it possible that a certain person have a really rare card, like in Final Fantasy 8?

I hope somebody can help me!
THX in advance!

~ Kareth

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
i also have a rpg designer & i can't figure out how to get it to work can some one help me please?!
I believe this is the wrong section for that question. PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

@Kareth: for your first question, yes it would be possible (I don't personally know how to go about it though). For the second question, it should work similarly to how you purchase them (which is scripted, making it slightly more difficult to understand). There is the line $PokemonGlobal.triads.pbStoreItem(item,quantity). That is where the card is actually added to your collection. For the parameters, quantity should be self explanatory, and item refers to the species. So, you could make a script command that looks like: $PokemonGlobal.triads.pbStoreItem(PBSpecies::ARCEUS,2). Note that the PBSpecies::ARCEUS,2) must be on the same line, but you would leave the "(" on the top line, otherwise you'll get an error. Also note that you must have used the pbBuyTriads or pbSellTriads command prior to this at some point in the game, otherwise it throws an error for some reason.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
Hi!

THXs for the answer, but I did not mean that a shop has a rare card.
I did mean that your triple-triad opponent has a rare card.

For Example:
You opponent is RED and ONLY he and no one else has a ARCEUS-Card.
You can only get this card if he use this card in the game and if you beat him.

The same way you can get an ARBOK or any other PKMN-Card, if you beat the guy in the demo.

~ Kareth

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

Hold would I get the trainer to stay there? I asked Luka about it but what he said didn't seem to work.
You've already asked that, and it's already been answered. Find the line that disposes the trainer sprites when they go off-screen, and delete them. Also, you also need to change the end positions of the trainer sprite sliding so that it doesn't go fully off-screen (find a do loop that changes the coordinates of the sprites and change the number of iterations).

It's not quite as simple as that, but it's a start. It also looks stupid, if you ask me (particularly in double battles) - I do hope you don't want this feature just because BlueChrome has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back