• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Not sure about the still running problem, but are you using extendtext.exe whilst a Text box is open (e.g. when your inserting text for an NPC to say, or inserting a Script for an NPC or object)?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Um hey guys i need some help here.
    Well first of all how do i change my screen resolution to ds size?
    and umm another question is how do i make the characters look smaller on screen, because It looks so big and pixelated, i want to make it small as the ds size.

EDIT:
    I manage to find the tile size and change it, also the screen size.
    I think the ds screen size is 256x192

but i get this, and sometimes my auto tiles leave and my text is too big

and how to resize the battle:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • @zingzangs
    You need to multiply your resolution by two.
    You have 256x192. You need to multiply that by two and get 312x284.
    Try that, I am pretty sure it will work then. (And that isn't the DS Screen Resolution...)

Now, time for my question >.<
    Why won't "\G" work in Kernel.pbConfirmMessage?

I wrote this line in a script, "Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("\GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"))
    And in the game, it shows:
    "GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"

Years
  • Night time encounters aren't working, at night it just uses the "Land" encounters and not "LandNight", . Have no idea what is wrong since it's not throwing any errors. Has anyone noticed this and/or have a fix? I tried it on an unaltered copy of the starter kit and same issue. I haven't tested morning encounters but I would guess it's the same.

EDIT:
    LandNight and LandMorning don't appear in the Set Encounters menu of the debugger either...

Last edited:

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Not sure about the still running problem, but are you using extendtext.exe whilst a Text box is open (e.g. when your inserting text for an NPC to say, or inserting a Script for an NPC or object)?

Yeah. I've even tried it with more than one of those (enter text, edit script, etc.) just to see if, say, the script entry would work when the text entry didn't, but it didn't. Not that it should matter which I have open anyway, but I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Years
  • Zingzags, all the images are automatically 2x the normal GBA size. I assume you just changed the default resolution to a different number? You need to have all of your images resized down to 50% using nearest neighbour so that it doesn't smooth it out making it Non-Pokémon game looking.

That's what it looks like anyway.

Years
  • Question 1: How do you edit the position of the trainers in-battle?

Question 2: When i start a trainer battle, the sound is very low. And the cry's are normal!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Question 1: How do you edit the position of the trainers in-battle?

Question 2: When i start a trainer battle, the sound is very low. And the cry's are normal!

On your first question do you mean allaign them slightly say to the left or right or completly change were they are?

For your second question just edit the battle music and make it louder, google audacity its a free and easy to use and should get the job done.

Night time encounters aren't working, at night it just uses the "Land" encounters and not "LandNight", . Have no idea what is wrong since it's not throwing any errors. Has anyone noticed this and/or have a fix? I tried it on an unaltered copy of the starter kit and same issue. I haven't tested morning encounters but I would guess it's the same.

EDIT:
    LandNight and LandMorning don't appear in the Set Encounters menu of the debugger either...

Im no expert but maybe try and get rid of "Land" encounters. If your using LandNight, LandDay, LandMorning then you've no call for it.. maybe the system uses "Land" as default and ignores the LandNight as that would leave it with 2 sets of encounters to calculate..

Anyway ive a question on encounters as well.. Is there a switch I could use to switch the encounters of a map to a different map? Planning on a tile that the player walks on to change encounters for the entire map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2012
    Hi there. In my project, the darkness for nighttime doesn't work. I've already changed the Metadata to Outdoor, but this also didn't help. could anyone give me a tip what I can do?

Edit: OK, the problem has solved itself...

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • Hey everybody! I got a question.
    I'd like to add particle engines for Pokémon Opal, the fangame I am producer of. The problem.. I have no idea how. :/ I looked at the help page but it didn't say anything about making particle engines. I wanted to make fogs, and clouds(like the shadows of clouds moving about the ground).
    Please help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    hello,
    i have a problem. When I delete all the examplemaps from the Starter Kit and when I change the teleport to a map which I buld, the game crash.
    Can someone help me?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    hello,
    i have a problem. When I delete all the examplemaps from the Starter Kit and when I change the teleport to a map which I buld, the game crash.
    Can someone help me?
    Is the teleport at the start of the game (after the intro)? If so, you probably didn't define the character (with pbChangePlayer). Would you post the error? It's hard to figure out what the problem is without some sort of indicator.

What script makes the screen follow the character? Default RMXP projects have an effect similar to snap edges, but Essentials has the screen follow the character by default.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Is the teleport at the start of the game (after the intro)? If so, you probably didn't define the character (with pbChangePlayer). Would you post the error? It's hard to figure out what the problem is without some sort of indicator.

What script makes the screen follow the character? Default RMXP projects have an effect similar to snap edges, but Essentials has the screen follow the character by default.

Its the teleport of the intro. There isn´t an error, when i want to start the game, the gamewindow shutting down.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I actually have two questions >.<

1)Why won't "\G" work in Kernel.pbConfirmMessage?

I wrote this line in a script, "Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("\GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"))
    And in the game, it shows:
    "GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"

2) How can I disable EXP Gain for one battle? Is it possible?

Years
  • Im no expert but maybe try and get rid of "Land" encounters. If your using LandNight, LandDay, LandMorning then you've no call for it.. maybe the system uses "Land" as default and ignores the LandNight as that would leave it with 2 sets of encounters to calculate..
    I tried that and now there are no encounters! It seems it is only counting "Land" for the grass encounters.

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • I'm using Pokestarter, the May 7th Release after my older one got deleted by accident. I have two problems:

1) You get a Murkrow in the game. But when I try to take it, it says :
    Spoiler:

How do I fix it? This has never happened before.

2) There are four items that dont have graphics so the graphics for the next 4 items get used, so now the other item graphics are being used for the wrong item.

Years
  • @Sero, try using this:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::MURKROW,5) in the script part of a conditional branch. And for number 2 I'm not sure exactly what you're saying but try adding graphics for the four items that don't.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
    Years
  • Ok, You know that black thing around the map, I only want the map, No black at all, How can I fix this?
    EDIT:
    Oh and also, When I start playing my game the entire screen except for Auto-Tiles turn Black, Why is that?
    EDIT2: I mean sometimes it turns black for the entire screen but auto Tiles

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • If you read the notes you would notice a section about mapping with essentials.
    You're supposed to add a boarder around the edges of at least 7 tiles thick.

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
  • @Sero, try using this:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::MURKROW,5) in the script part of a conditional branch. And for number 2 I'm not sure exactly what you're saying but try adding graphics for the four items that don't.

Ah. I knew there was something missing, I just forgot what. The notes said pbAddPokemon(X,Y)

Well thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back