• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I actually have two questions >.<

1)Why won't "\G" work in Kernel.pbConfirmMessage?

I wrote this line in a script, "Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("\GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"))
    And in the game, it shows:
    "GWould you like me to make your Pokemon shiny?"

2) How can I disable EXP Gain for one battle? Is it possible?
    For the second question, I answered that before. Go to Pokebattle_battle (line 2019 I think) and find
    Code:
    exp=newexp-thispoke.exp;
    and change it to
    Code:
    if $game_switches[500]
        exp=0
    else
        exp=newexp-thispoke.exp;
    end
    Turn on switch 500 before battle to neutralize any experience, then turn it back off after that battle to return experience gain to normal.

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    how come my screen is bigger than other peoples? like when u play it.. the screen is fat and sprites looked zoomed in but other people have good looking screens and all

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    how come my screen is bigger than other peoples? like when u play it.. the screen is fat and sprites looked zoomed in but other people have good looking screens and all
    Can you be more specific? What is your game's resolution? Also, you are using essentials right?

EDIT: ^^ he beat me to it...

@NeoXodus: If the game is just crashing, I'm not sure what it is. Have you been using essentials before? Did it happen after an upgrade? I'm sure someone's encountered this, so hopefully they can give a definitive answer. It could be something like too little processing power because of multiple programs running, or important scripts being erased.

Last edited:

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    TY man i got it fixed.. now umm how do i get it to walk straight into the next map without teleport transitions.. like in the real games.. i saw someone had it in ther egame

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
    TY man i got it fixed.. now umm how do i get it to walk straight into the next map without teleport transitions.. like in the real games.. i saw someone had it in ther egame

go into editor, then go to visual editor press f5 to see how u use it, and to move it just click and hold

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    yay! tyvm u know where i can get hgss grass in rpgmaker auto tile format? and some hgss tilesets in rpg maker xp format?

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    yay, now where can i get hgss or d/p/pt gym and cave tilsets in rpg maker xp format?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    Oh, sorry about that KitsuneKouta >.<
    I actually have another question *facepalms*

How would I be able to make the player choose from a list of Pokemon, but only the pokemon that the person has seen?
    pbChooseSpeciesOrdered(1) is what I am using to choose the Pokemon, but you can choose everysingle Pokemon.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Oh, sorry about that KitsuneKouta >.<
    I actually have another question *facepalms*

How would I be able to make the player choose from a list of Pokemon, but only the pokemon that the person has seen?
    pbChooseSpeciesOrdered(1) is what I am using to choose the Pokemon, but you can choose everysingle Pokemon.
    I think you would need a new script to do it. pbChooseSpeciesOrdered lists every Pokemon in order, pbChooseSpecies lists them all by number, and pbChooseSpeciesList looks the same as the first one. I'll see if I can come up with something.

EDIT: piece of cake. Go to PokemonEditor and find line 1041
    Code:
    commands.push(_ISPRINTF("{1:03d} {2:s}",i,PBSpecies.getName(i)))
    and change it to
    Code:
    if $Trainer.seen[i]
        commands.push(_ISPRINTF("{1:03d} {2:s}",i,PBSpecies.getName(i)))
    end

EDIT: forgot to specify that it works with pbChooseSpecies, not the others. You could probably apply the same thing to the others without much effort though.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Does anyone know how to get the server provided with Pokemon Essentials working with windows 7? And is it possible to test it locally? I.E. setting the servername to local host or 127.0.0.1?

Years
    On your first question do you mean allaign them slightly say to the left or right or completly change were they are?

For your second question just edit the battle music and make it louder, google audacity its a free and easy to use and should get the job done.
    I mean up and down.
    And 2nd, thanks! It worked.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    hiho

I'm new here so I got some "Newbie questions"

I have the RPG Maker XV
    are your files compatible with it?
    If they're not where can I find the XP version? because I didn't found a version that actually works of RPG Maker XP

thnx

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Hi Guys, someone has got to run this:

5.Creating Player Pokémon Animation
    and
    6.Creating Trainer Pokémon Animation

Both belong to Luka´s tutorial.

What happens is that everything I put there but it does not work. Gives me no error but does not work. Reproduces only cry twice, but the Pokémon image doesn´t move.

Sorry for my english and thanks for advance

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Can you be more specific? What is your game's resolution? Also, you are using essentials right?

EDIT: ^^ he beat me to it...

@NeoXodus: If the game is just crashing, I'm not sure what it is. Have you been using essentials before? Did it happen after an upgrade? I'm sure someone's encountered this, so hopefully they can give a definitive answer. It could be something like too little processing power because of multiple programs running, or important scripts being erased.
    I used Essentials before, but i deleted my project, and in this project it crashed at the begin but then i made something and i could use the starter kit. But I don´t know what I did...
    I upgrade the Essentials Starter Kit.
    Thanks for help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    how I can add a new attribute, similar to happiness?
    For example breeding, which can be accessed as happiness or
    any other attribute. pokemon.happiness.

sorry for my bad english.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    how I can add a new attribute, similar to happiness?
    For example breeding, which can be accessed as happiness or
    any other attribute. pokemon.happiness.

sorry for my bad english.
    With great difficulty. It's not really something you should be messing around with.

Sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back