• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
In PokeBattle_ActualScene look around starting on line 995. All of the fonts are defined there, and their names are fairly self-explanatory. Hopefully you know how to set RGB values well enough.
Making changes to the values is no problem for me, I just have trouble locating what line of code I need to change.

I'm also having trouble trying to change the font of the same text (the Pokemon name and HP and battle). Could you possibly point me in the right direction as to where I can change this? Much appreciated!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Making changes to the values is no problem for me, I just have trouble locating what line of code I need to change.

I'm also having trouble trying to change the font of the same text (the Pokemon name and HP and battle). Could you possibly point me in the right direction as to where I can change this? Much appreciated!
To change the color of the name/Lv/HP, look for these lines:

BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)

The first one is the main color you see, and the second one is the shadow, which should be much darker.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
To change the color of the name/Lv/HP, look for these lines:

BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(64,64,64)
BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(216,208,176)

The first one is the main color you see, and the second one is the shadow, which should be much darker.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I want to change the font style, I have a different TFF file I want to use instead of the default font being used for the Pokemon name and HP.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
You might try changing the event that transfers the player to that map to include a "Change Screen Color Tone" that darkens the map. And change the event that transfer the player somewhere else to include another "Change Screen Color Tone" that set the screen back to normal.

Thanks, but i already did that as the first thing, and it actually just results in a nearly black map during night-time - i guess it simply adds up with the tone set by the day/night cycle... so that's my problem right there...
well, as i'm writing that i just have the strange idea to write a script that counters the cylce-effects in that map with a tone that adds up to 0 (in my case a bit darker then) with the other screen tone color... can anybody tell me how the settings for the cycle are? (for example: from 12 to 15 its 0,0,0,255 or something like that)

Sichlor

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I want to change the font style, I have a different TFF file I want to use instead of the default font being used for the Pokemon name and HP.
Sorry, I was reading your older post and though you wanted color. For font, I think there are multiple places that use this particular one besides just some in battle fonts, but I can't be sure. You need to find def pbSmallFontName() and get rid of the return statement there and make a new one like this: return "Your Font Name"
Given that this may mess with fonts in other parts of your game, you may want to make a copy of pbSmallFontName() and call it something different, returning the font you want, and go to line 523 of PokeBattle_ActualScene and change the call to the new one you made (I think).

@Sichlor: The day/night system is fairly hard to work with. I looks at geographical location to figure out the time of day or something, and sets the value accordingly. I would almost say that making a new, simpler system would be easier, but someone here has probably played with it enough to help you. Hopefully.

tasmania12

Mewtwo Master
Years
I would like regional pokemon storages in my game so that i have one storage system in the first region and when i go to another region i have to automatically deposite all pokemon andmake that storage temporarily un-usable. Then choose a starter from the 2nd region. Then i would like to enable the first one when i want it to. Can someone tell me how to do this?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
So, I got a puzzler here.

I tried to add an item call the Speed Anklet. It's intent is to double the speed of any Pokemon with low defense EVs/IVs. For testing purposes, I have it set to multiply speed by 637 instead of just 2. However, if I give it to a Pokemon and get into a battle, it doesn't seem to work, and what weird is that the Pokemon seems to lose the ability to attack. It will just say "Pikachu used Thunderbolt!" and then progress without the animation, with not damage being done to the opponent.

I inserted the code for it under Pokebattle_Move, and here's what it looks like:

Code:
  if isConst?(attacker.item,PBItems,:SPEEDANKLET)
  speed*=637
 end

Here's the light ball, an item with similar code that actually WORKS.
Code:
 if isConst?(attacker.species,PBSpecies,:PIKACHU)&&isConst?(attacker.item,PBItems,:LIGHTBALL)
  spatk*=3
  atk*=3
end

Now... What am I doing wrong exactly?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
how do i fix this error when i get into tall grass

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_Battle:523:in `pbSetSeen'

PokeBattle_Battle:638:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:549:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:753:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:752:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:754:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:751:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:751:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:1069:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PokemonField:1092:in `pbOnStepTaken'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
hmmm, this might be a tall order, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

see, I'm trying to um, make it so that instead of setting wild pokemon/other trainers' pokemon levels, the game gets the level of your first pokemon and then like...sets the opponent's level to be somewhere between two levels lower/higher than that.

um, I know it kind of sounds random and not at all useful haha but the thing is, my game isn't set in a whole region, it's just like...a small part of the region, and the character has only one pokemon with them at a time (as well as an egg!), so uhhh the thing is obviously depending on how much you grind, your pokemon could like be anywhere from freshly hatched to like, level fifty gazillion, when you come up against plot-related trainers, so pacing opponent's levels is freaking impossible >:(

so I was basically thinking...maybe I could just throw in something small in whatever script controls the battles (like... get first pokemon's level, get a random number between level-2 and level+2, change the opponent's level to that), but I have NO IDEA if that is even viable, or where I'd do it. so uhhhh just thought I'd ask some of you experienced scripters if this is an impossible idea of mine, or if I'm going about it in entirely the wrong manner and I'll have to write a whole brand new script to deal with battles (please god not this)...

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
hmmm, this might be a tall order, but I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

see, I'm trying to um, make it so that instead of setting wild pokemon/other trainers' pokemon levels, the game gets the level of your first pokemon and then like...sets the opponent's level to be somewhere between two levels lower/higher than that.

um, I know it kind of sounds random and not at all useful haha but the thing is, my game isn't set in a whole region, it's just like...a small part of the region, and the character has only one pokemon with them at a time (as well as an egg!), so uhhh the thing is obviously depending on how much you grind, your pokemon could like be anywhere from freshly hatched to like, level fifty gazillion, when you come up against plot-related trainers, so pacing opponent's levels is freaking impossible >:(

so I was basically thinking...maybe I could just throw in something small in whatever script controls the battles (like... get first pokemon's level, get a random number between level-2 and level+2, change the opponent's level to that), but I have NO IDEA if that is even viable, or where I'd do it. so uhhhh just thought I'd ask some of you experienced scripters if this is an impossible idea of mine, or if I'm going about it in entirely the wrong manner and I'll have to write a whole brand new script to deal with battles (please god not this)...

God, reading in purple is frusterating.

On another note, what it seems like you are asking is very similar to how enemy levels scale in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I've no idea about how to help you with your script, but I'm sure looking at Oblivion might give you a fair idea on how practical it might be.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years

On another note, what it seems like you are asking is very similar to how enemy levels scale in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I've no idea about how to help you with your script, but I'm sure looking at Oblivion might give you a fair idea on how practical it might be.

c'mon, purple isn't so bad. although I guess it might depend on what style you've got...mine is well pale, so it contrasts nicely :)

yeah, oblivion is an excellent example of this kind of thing. I made a cute little script that generates a random level (within a range of levels all close to your first pokemon's level), so that's all good, but ughhhh the battle scripts are kinda complicated, I have noooo idea how to get the amount of pokemon your opponent has.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
What exactly do you mean by this?

Let's say I trigger an event, another event walks over to talk to me, then he is suppose to disqppear. How would I do the disappearing part? I have been using the set event location but that won't work well anymore.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Let's say I trigger an event, another event walks over to talk to me, then he is suppose to disqppear. How would I do the disappearing part? I have been using the set event location but that won't work well anymore.

er, is he supposed to just like vanish into thin air, or like, walk away and then as soon as he's offscreen vanish into thin air, so it's like he's disappeared. because you could just use a move route to make the 'supposed to disappear' event walk out of sight (eight steps and it'll be gone, I think?), and then just turn on a switch or something that'll make him vanish (as in, the vanishing event has at least two pages, one page where he has a little graphic and no conditions, and a second page where he has no graphic, and has the condition of that switch being on). if he's supposed to vanish into thin air, just skip the move route section.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years

c'mon, purple isn't so bad. although I guess it might depend on what style you've got...mine is well pale, so it contrasts nicely :)

yeah, oblivion is an excellent example of this kind of thing. I made a cute little script that generates a random level (within a range of levels all close to your first pokemon's level), so that's all good, but ughhhh the battle scripts are kinda complicated, I have noooo idea how to get the amount of pokemon your opponent has.

I use the Johto elite style, so everything is a gray tone. Oh well, that's my fault. I'll change it just for you :D

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017

Actually, me and someone else had asked about this, and poccil posted a script for it. He was also kind enough to stick it in the newer kits too, if I'm not mistaken. However, for your purposes, I have something simple that should work the same. In PokemonTrainers, there is a line that reads: level=poke[1]. Right before it, put something like this:
rnd=rand(2)
rnd2=rand(2)

Then change level=poke[1] to this:
if rnd==0
level=$Trainer.party[0].level+rnd2
else
level=$Trainer.party[0].level-rnd2
end
This should work as far as I can see, but try it and let me know. Note that this is only for trainer battles though.

thepsynergist said:
No kidding, if you didn't notice I always turn it white :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back