• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
  • THis isn't an error that I need help with or anything, it's pretty clear what I did wrong. However, I will post it for your amusement.
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

A game coded in C++ wouldn't even be able to handle that.

I can't wait for davidthefat to comment on this.

Also, bump on my Pokeball icon in battle issue. Any ideas? I've no idea how to implement that...considering how much of a staple it is...

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • I'm using "Luka's 7 steps to animated pokemon and trainers" scripts. When a pokemon appears in battle or is sent out, it goes from a battler gaphic in a folder called frame1 to a graphic in a folder called frame2 with some waiting in between. What it does, if you dont know, is look like they "move" when they appear just like the real pokemon games. I want to loop between frame1 and a folder called frame3 throughout the battle to give the appearance that they are more lifelike sort of breathing and things like that. Any ideas how to make this happen?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    EDIT3:
    Code:
     if mapChanged
      if pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataShowArea)
       if $game_variables[41]!=38 && $game_variables[41]!=39
       scene.spriteset.addUserSprite(LocationWindow.new($game_map.name))
       end
      end
     end
    route3
    first map:37 (ShowArea=true)
    second map:38 (ShowArea=nil)
    third map:39 (ShowArea=nil)
    fourth map:40 (ShowArea=true)
    WORKS!!!! THANKS!!!
    /EDIT3
    That's pretty much what I was thinking of doing, and I'm glad to hear it works. I just hadn't gotten around to testing it for myself.

Yep, works. Thanks! But I'll need to do some fine tuning when I have more time... I found out that you can't simply raise both numbers because it'll flash back and forth to reach @endexp.
    And you can't just change the upper number to something bigger and leave the lower number to 1, because then the bar might fill more than intended.
    So at the moment I have
    Code:
      if @animatingEXP
       if !@showexp
        @currentexp=@endexp
       elsif @currentexp<@endexp
        [COLOR=Red]@currentexp+=1[/COLOR]
       elsif @currentexp>@endexp
        @currentexp-=1
       end
    Which works, but is TOO fast =)
    I'll try to figure something better out( I can't use something like (@endexp-@currentexp)/4 because that might result in decimal numbers, right?), but maybe you know an answer right away...
    Anyhow Thanks alot, you helped me much!!

Sichlor
    What you can do is insert a little calculation alongside the first line (which adds X to the bar's length; in red above), such that if the difference between @currentexp and @endexp is less than X, then just set @currentexp=@endexp instead. Do something similar with the other line (which subtracts X; this line shouldn't ever be used - it's for smeg-ups only).

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Also, bump on my Pokeball icon in battle issue. Any ideas? I've no idea how to implement that...considering how much of a staple it is...
    I'll see what I can come up with. It shouldn't be too hard; just check if the opposing pokemon is owned (using pbOwnedByPlayer?) and display the image. Then, of course, it would have to be erased during trainer battles when a new pokemon is sent out and checked again, which also means there must be a check for both opposing pokemon. Not really difficult; just a matter of finding where to put it all.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I'll see what I can come up with. It shouldn't be too hard; just check if the opposing pokemon is owned (using pbOwnedByPlayer?) and display the image. Then, of course, it would have to be erased during trainer battles when a new pokemon is sent out and checked again, which also means there must be a check for both opposing pokemon. Not really difficult; just a matter of finding where to put it all.

You wanna code that for me? :nervous:

I'm bad at coding, ever time I change something in the script it usually crashes something else.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • one tiny question relating to um, 'compressing the game data', as rpgxp calls it.

is there way to like, cut down on what it extracts and shows the player? like uhh for example, the pokemon uranium beta I have sitting around on my hd just has a few files all "data" and "encryped archive" and "game", whereas like, pokemon raptor has the whole audio/graphics/whatever folder showing up. mine even has the editor showing up sighh I have no idea what to do

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    How I can make that Castform change depending on the weather chart?
    How would you call the Battlers for when to SUN, RAIN ,...?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • one tiny question relating to um, 'compressing the game data', as rpgxp calls it.

is there way to like, cut down on what it extracts and shows the player? like uhh for example, the pokemon uranium beta I have sitting around on my hd just has a few files all "data" and "encryped archive" and "game", whereas like, pokemon raptor has the whole audio/graphics/whatever folder showing up. mine even has the editor showing up sighh I have no idea what to do

file>Compress game data
    i think

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • file>Compress game data
    i think

uhhh yeah, I clicked that. the thing is, it creates a cute little archive-y application, which when you double click it, extracts like everything and shows it to the user. I just want a .exe for the player to have, or at most like a fonts folder or something.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • You could do it manually I suppose. Just copy/paste all the necessary files and then right click the folder and go to something like 7-zip or whatever you use for encryption, or load the same data from the new folder that doesn't have all the stuff you don't want to be shared like editor, ect, ect, and go t file->compress data and make sure you have "create encrypted archive" checked, else someone may download your game and edit/steal w/e they want - such as maps or scripts, and it should work.

EDIT: Oh, while I'm here, lemme re-ask a few questions that weren't answered. (to my knowledge, although I usually don't miss posts...)

I'm using the April 12th version of essentials iirc. Anywho...
    here's my repeated question.(Note: I only add emphasis to show importance, and not to sound like a butt that would add mega-emphasis to the word to not-so-subtly say you better answer my question, oh, and I also re-worded the question so it would make more sense and I wouldn't sound so passive.)
    While play testing I noticed that during double battles that occur when two separate trainers notice you at the same time the battle sequence doesn't work correctly. The battle will start and appear as if it will work right. Except the only PokéMon capable of doing anything is the first one on your side. It'll just loop you selecting an attack and attacking. While all other Pokemon sit there and take damage. Does anyone know a fix to this or anything of the sort?

Another question:
    Has anyone found a fix to the gender and ability of opponents PokeMon changing in between a battle and a rematch, and if not, is there a way to script in a specific trainer team where all moves, ability, ect are set in stone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    Hello, I've got a question. I'm trying to get a Title Screen
    At the moment I only have that New Game/Option thingy standing there, but how can I get a Title Screen before the New Game/Option screen

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Hello, I've got a question. I'm trying to get a Title Screen
    At the moment I only have that New Game/Option thingy standing there, but how can I get a Title Screen before the New Game/Option screen

It's doing that cause your running the game in the maker, there's a game.exe in the folder so just launch that and there will be a title, cause it doesn't appear in debug mode which is where you're launching the game in RPG Maker.

ashthebest10

Years
  • I'm using "Luka's 7 steps to animated pokemon and trainers" scripts. When a pokemon appears in battle or is sent out, it goes from a battler gaphic in a folder called frame1 to a graphic in a folder called frame2 with some waiting in between. What it does, if you dont know, is look like they "move" when they appear just like the real pokemon games. I want to loop between frame1 and a folder called frame3 throughout the battle to give the appearance that they are more lifelike sort of breathing and things like that. Any ideas how to make this happen?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Has anyone found a fix to the gender and ability of opponents PokeMon changing in between a battle and a rematch, and if not, is there a way to script in a specific trainer team where all moves, ability, ect are set in stone?
    Either I'm making it up, or I think someone (might have been me) mentioned setting the enemies gender to the trainer's gender. Since the trainer's IS defined, you don't have to worry about changing scripts to make the editor support it or anything. I'm not really sure how to go about it without actually trying it, but that's the basic idea.

@ashthebest10: that actually sounds really cool, and really tricky to make work. If I knew how to do it myself, I'd help you, but I'm keeping busy as it is right now.

ashthebest10

Years
  • Either I'm making it up, or I think someone (might have been me) mentioned setting the enemies gender to the trainer's gender. Since the trainer's IS defined, you don't have to worry about changing scripts to make the editor support it or anything. I'm not really sure how to go about it without actually trying it, but that's the basic idea.

@ashthebest10: that actually sounds really cool, and really tricky to make work. If I knew how to do it myself, I'd help you, but I'm keeping busy as it is right now.
    Thanks. If you are not using Luka's 7 steps to animated Pokemon, I would definitly use it. Ever since Crystal Version came out, Pokemon "moved" when they entered battle. Just still pictures is too plain. Luka's tutorial is very simple and I recommend it to everybody.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    So getting the little ball to show up in battle isn't very difficult, however I'm having trouble pinning down how to check if a pokemon is the opponent within the script I'm putting it in (under class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper). Stuff like pbIsOpposing? and @battler.opponent give errors, and just using @battler includes the player's pokemon, which makes it always display the icon.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • You could do it manually I suppose. Just copy/paste all the necessary files and then right click the folder and go to something like 7-zip or whatever you use for encryption, or load the same data from the new folder that doesn't have all the stuff you don't want to be shared like editor, ect, ect, and go t file->compress data and make sure you have "create encrypted archive" checked, else someone may download your game and edit/steal w/e they want - such as maps or scripts, and it should work.

I like, barely understand this post. haha. uhh how do I know which files are necessary? what folder? what data? sob I am so lost

edit: okay so I think I worked out what you meant after I had a nice long nap fff and ended up doing the encrypted archive thing, deleting the crap in there that I was positive that players don't need, changing the icon, throwing in a readme and then just zipping it up manually. so uhhh I guess this is what you meant??

edit 2: kitsune, your thing for the wild pokemon is giving me a freakish bug :( not when I encounter wild pokemon, mind, that works perfectly, but when I attempt to generate a cute little pokemon egg for the trainer, I get this bug:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    So getting the little ball to show up in battle isn't very difficult, however I'm having trouble pinning down how to check if a pokemon is the opponent within the script I'm putting it in (under class PokemonDataBox < SpriteWrapper). Stuff like pbIsOpposing? and @battler.opponent give errors, and just using @battler includes the player's pokemon, which makes it always display the icon.
    Try this:
    Code:
    (@battler.index & 1) == 1

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    What you can do is insert a little calculation alongside the first line (which adds X to the bar's length; in red above), such that if the difference between @currentexp and @endexp is less than X, then just set @currentexp=@endexp instead. Do something similar with the other line (which subtracts X; this line shouldn't ever be used - it's for smeg-ups only).

I'm sorry but i don't get that at all^^ Maybe I'm just a little slow right now, but can you try to explain it to me again, or give me an example code?
    Thanks,
    Sichlor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back