• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

@CNG: Ahhh thank you! Since my scripts are all older than the current essentials kit, i didn't have that script. But you pointed me in the right direction, and i figured it out. Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It's simply because Pokémon Essentials has some lag issues with maps with a lot of events or are quite large. Though this is not the case for all computers, generally the faster your system is, the less lag there will be.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You said you didn't know wich version you're using so I suggest you get the newest version to see if it works

i don't really wanna download any new version or older version of Essentials because i have edited so many scripts and added so many scripts i couldn't possibly remember what they were, i kinda just want to know where the error is occuring and i will play from there. But if nobody has any idea, i will just mess around some more.

thanks for your reply anyway

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Hey guys, how can i rip the font from Pokemon Black and white and make it my font in Pokemon Essentials?

Last edited:

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Sigh... I can't seem to get the encounters right. I never run into pokémon when I'm in the tall grass and when I turn outside 'on' (true) in the metadata editor I can't test-play anymore.

This is the message I get:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Nocturne
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'

PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'

PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Please help me!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    Oi, I can't seem to figure out how to replicate the event process in Red and Blue version, where, when the professor stops you from going into the grass, he takes you to the lab, and you obtain a starter. Does anybody happen to know how to replicate it?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    How do you change the screen size permanantly?

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Just gonna repost this one...

Sigh... I can't seem to get the encounters right. I never run into pokémon when I'm in the tall grass and when I turn outside 'on' (true) in the metadata editor I can't test-play anymore.

Pokemon Nocturne

OK

Please help me!

Himalama

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    where in the spriteresizer script???
    Go to Script Editor and just search. It's somewhere between Audio and Window.
    Look for '320 x 480' or something like that and just change it into whatever you like.

Last edited:

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    All of the images in my game are cut off now. How do you resize everything?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016

Pokemon Nocturne

OK

Please help me!

Actually, I think this happens to every new user. I've had the same ''problem'' and asked here not so long ago, here's what I got :

To disable line Day and Night system: 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true". Make it false instead
    Essentials have gen III mecanics of running, you can't run at inner maps. To change this:

(I can't post urls so click on the little dog paw in the quote to read the original message with the URLS)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow, the number of this thread posts it's over NINE THOUSAND! I wanted to know what of Poccil think of it and your project...
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Look at the pokéballs at the top screen, there a way of this be displayed when opponent send out a pokémon like in official games?
    I used the Conditional Branch, but for some reason it crashed on me. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but lemme get the error log. I get the feeling it was something too simple that I'm just forgetting to do ;-;
    Spoiler:
    The forum smile cuts one colon XD

If it's Pokémon sprites that you're talking about, open up RMXP, press F10, click on Graphics/Battlers and then click import. Now just select your custom sprite and import it. For information on how to create new Pokémon, trainers etc, have a look around (broken link removed). Hope it helps :)
    You can also move to the folder "graphics\battlers\" if you know how to set transparency

in the script section "Walk_Run" find:

Code:
    def update
    if !pbMapInterpreterRunning? && 
        !moving? && !@move_route_forcing && $PokemonGlobal
     if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=Red][COLOR=DarkRed]8 : [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]5.2[/COLOR][/COLOR]
     elsif pbCanRun?
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=Red][COLOR=DarkRed]6.5 :[/COLOR] 4.8[/COLOR]
     else
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=DarkOrange][COLOR=DarkRed]4.5 :[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]3.8[/COLOR][/COLOR]
     end
    end
    update_old
    end
    change the green value for bike speed,
    the red value for running speed,
    and the blue value for walking speed
    (brown is the corresponding value for RPG MAKER VX)
    Take note that if you change to too high speed, you can't use some events like some doors.

Does anyone happen to know why my game will occasionally lag every few frames whenever I try to play it? Or does it have something to do with the computer?
    If you use the 04/03/10 version or before and disable day/night (line 314 of PokemonUtilities says "ENABLESHADING = true", make it false), the lag is greatly reduced.

Oi, I can't seem to figure out how to replicate the event process in Red and Blue version, where, when the professor stops you from going into the grass, he takes you to the lab, and you obtain a starter. Does anybody happen to know how to replicate it?
    Make a touch event in this grass that make one switch on. Put the professor off screen with autorun when the switch is ON. Use some move routes to take they to the lab, then teleport to the inside lab. Use the lab example on kit to make the starter choose.

How do you change the screen size permanantly?
    You can also delete the change screen option at options script. It's not hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back