• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
    Keeps the screen size to half when the game starts. That way if people want a bigger screen they go into the options.
    I tried that new code, and it didn't do anything I could see.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Poccil isn't active anymore, and probably isn't going to update the kit anymore.
    A Pokemon Manager Program isn't needed, as you can add Pokémon in \PBS\pokemon.txt .
    I suggest reading the notes of the starterkit to learn how to do this exactly.
    But he is very active in other forums and communities.

Keeps the screen size to half when the game starts. That way if people want a bigger screen they go into the options.
    It's easier in script PokemonOption change the "@screensize=1" to "@screensize=0"

Winneon

Years
    But he is very active in other forums and communities.

It's easier in script PokemonOption change the "@screensize=1" to "@screensize=0"
    That helped! Thanks!

-JalordaSerpent7

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    still wondering if anyone knows a method to make certain shadow pokemon use a different sprite then the others o.o?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
    Okay, so, I'm having trouble making an event work - it's the one on Route 22 at the beginning of the game, where when you approach the Pokemon League gate, your Rival stops you and battles you. Now, I have the battle working, but for some reason the movement events aren't working.
    Here's the example of the event:
    Spoiler:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Okay, so, I'm having trouble making an event work - it's the one on Route 22 at the beginning of the game, where when you approach the Pokemon League gate, your Rival stops you and battles you. Now, I have the battle working, but for some reason the movement events aren't working.
    Here's the example of the event:
    Spoiler:

Try putting the option Through On in the beginning of Green's movement (in both, if you will) and Through Off after the movement is finished.

Winneon

Years
    How do you make a custom tileset with trees make yourself hide behind a tree like this?
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    I am having some serious problem.

After i battle my rival, i want him to go somewhere off, but the problem is the movement isnt working. He just won't go anywhere! Help. He is just saying the stuff that i wrote on Endbattle comment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    Have you tried setting "Through ON" in the Rival's movement list?
    Yes, i did it like this:

Set move route: This event
    Through on
    Move down
    Move down
    Move down
    Move down

Stilll nothing..I tried adding Through on at the end and still nothing, and i tried adding through OFF at end and still nothing.

Winneon

Years
    How do you make the "!" appear over a character in an event?

Winneon

Years
    Now whenever I create the mom event in the beginning and she walks back to her table after her speech, she just disappears! I put the controls self switch "A" =ON and on event page number 2 the self switch is on "A". I don't want her to disappear!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back