• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
  • Hey, LokiFerne! You seem like you know what you're doing. Can you describe how to make a new move? I know I have to edit PBmoves.txt, edit the move aimation, and edit the PokeBattle_MoveEffects script. What else do I need to do?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Ok DE5PA1R. This is a slightly more complex explanation than the last one. If you PM me the details of an example move that you want adding I'll help you as much as I can. It depends on what exactly you want the move to do. If it's a simple attack then there won't be that much involved, but if you're adding a new move effect (an effect that can or does happen when the move is used) then it will require quite a bit of scripting.

Years
  • Everytime I compile my game or run the editor,
    all the door warp targets move one place back,
    like your're in a house, you'll go out, and you'll be stuck in the door, even though I put the warp target one tile ahead of the door so I could actually walk about.

Does anyone know why it does this?
    I've downloaded the latest version of the starter kit but, well, it still does it...
    Can anyone help?
    I'm desperate as my game keeps messing up everytime I compile it :/

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Whats the success rate of the master ball? I wanted to replace the master ball with a shadow ball.

I got an error when I tried adding the Shadow Ball to my bag. =/

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Everytime I compile my game or run the editor,
    all the door warp targets move one place back,
    like your're in a house, you'll go out, and you'll be stuck in the door, even though I put the warp target one tile ahead of the door so I could actually walk about.

Does anyone know why it does this?
    I've downloaded the latest version of the starter kit but, well, it still does it...
    Can anyone help?
    I'm desperate as my game keeps messing up everytime I compile it :/

It's supposed to do that. If you follow the instructions on making door events in Notes.html, it will work properly (and look better).

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • Please help me!!!

To make Castform/Cherrim change sprites during battles, what should I add to PokemonUtilities?

Hello.

I'd like to ask, How can I remove some options on the Options Screen?
    Try to remove some lines from PokemonOption

EDIT: Another question: How do I move that box during battles that says:
    Spoiler:

I need to move it to the top in order to mimic the battle system from Platinum, like the new battle system in the thread of Amethyst, that's why I ask this question.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Hey folks, just a quick question. I've been playing around with Essentials alot recently, and am currently trying to revamp the battle system to be more similar to that of Diamond/Pearl (this includes the screen resolution change). So far I've managed to customise the health boxes etc. by moving them around but I can't seem to find where to edit the drawing positions for the battle bases and battler sprites. If anyone could give me some line numbers or something that'd be great.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I am planning to revamp most of the interface elements into DP style for my project, but I'll probably release it for others sometime down the track. In the meantime however, I do need some help in finding out where to reposition these elements. I can do it fine, I just need to find it all inside the mass of code.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back