• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Aqua Mudkip: "How can you edit the PERSPECTIVE option in Pokemon Essentials? Cause there's already a new Mode07 script. (It has camera rotation, autotile support and priority support)

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Apparently, i need to explain;
i want to set a rival, like in the pokemon games, simple, no?
i aslo would like to make a bridge that is 3 walkable tiles wide, and a bridge that is north/south facing.

1) To "set" a rival, you can give them a player-supplied name. Check the Notes. Then, just create the Trainer. I don't know why that's confusing?
2) Why aren't you able to do this? You just use the tiles and do it. I don't get what your issue is?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I edited both the commandbox.png and fightbox.png into the picture below:
fightbox.png

However, the battle screen still appears to be like this:
oldcommandbox.png

What did I do wrong?

Go to the script PokeBattle_ActualScene and go to line 1053
Code:
USECOMMANDBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/commandbox.png
USEFIGHTBOX=false # If true, expects a file named Graphics/Pictures/fightbox.png
Change the two "false" to true and the files should be named "commandbox" and "fightbox" as said in the notes next to the code.
It's really straight forward

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Hw may I add more frames to the title screen? Like have a more animated title screen than just Pic_1 and Pic_2?

Blazing Charizard

Pokémon Titanium creator
Years
Hw may I add more frames to the title screen? Like have a more animated title screen than just Pic_1 and Pic_2?

In the script 'Main', find line 25:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2')

And add the filenames of your intro frames like this:

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_3','Pic_4'], 'Pic_2')

I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
In the script 'Main', find line 25:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2')

And add the filenames of your intro frames like this:

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_3','Pic_4'], 'Pic_2')

I haven't tried it out yet but I think it should work.
Well I did it and now I get a syntax error.....whats that?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
It works fine with me :S can you post the line you use? (btw, the names don't have too be called Pic_x. Also, the pic you're using must be placed in Graphics/Titles)
I know I just prefer to name them that but here is what I had.

return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1'], 'Pic_2', 'Pic_3', 'Pic_4',)

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
Years
1) To "set" a rival, you can give them a player-supplied name. Check the Notes. Then, just create the Trainer. I don't know why that's confusing?
2) Why aren't you able to do this? You just use the tiles and do it. I don't get what your issue is?

1) Thank you so much XD
2) I tried 'pbBridgeUp' AND 'pbBridgeFoward' and neither worked, plus, you need 2 blank event to set the limits of the bridge, but if I place them 3 tiles away from each other; massive glitches occur.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
1) Thank you so much XD
2) I tried 'pbBridgeUp' AND 'pbBridgeFoward' and neither worked, plus, you need 2 blank event to set the limits of the bridge, but if I place them 3 tiles away from each other; massive glitches occur.

As far as I know, there are no specific scripts to create bridges. There don't really need to be any. ;D All you do is place bridge tiles over the water and voila.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Ah ok, Well change your line to this:
return Scene_Intro.new(['Pic_1','Pic_2','Pic_3'], 'Pic_4',)

I guess it should work like this...
Well it still didnt work but I'll figure it out. I think we may have to different versions because your line 25 is line 18 in mine.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I have a question.
How can I set a regional dex? I checked the notes and I really couldn't find anything that could help me. I want to set only about 200 pokemon in my Regional Dex before the national and I'm not 100% sure how to do it. This is what I tried in my pokemon.txt folder.

[152]
Name=CHIKORITA
InternalName=CHIKORITA
Kind=LEAF
RegionalNumbers=1
Pokedex=It waves its leaf around to keep foes at bay. However, a sweet fragrance also wafts from the leaf, creating a friendly atmosphere that becalms the battlers.
Type1=GRASS
BaseStats=45,49,65,45,49,65
Rareness=45
BaseEXP=64
Happiness=70
GrowthRate=Fluctuating
StepsToHatch=5120
Color=Green
Habitat=Grassland
EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,0,1
Abilities=OVERGROW
WildItemCommon=LUMBERRY
WildItemRare=LUMBERRY
Compatibility=1,7
Height=0.9
Weight=6.4
GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,8,RAZORLEAF,12,REFLECT,15,POISONPOWDER,22,SYNTHESIS,29,BODYSLAM,36,LIGHTSCREEN,43,SAFEGUARD,50,SOLARBEAM
EggMoves=VINEWHIP,LEECHSEED,COUNTER,ANCIENTPOWER,FLAIL,NATUREPOWER,INGRAIN,GRASSWHISTLE
Evolutions=BAYLEEF,Level,16
BattlerPlayerY=10
BattlerEnemyY=13
BattlerAltitude=0
But when I added the pokedex it still came up as 151. Any help?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I have a question.
How can I set a regional dex?

This is actually something I've wondered too. I hope the answer isn't glaringly obvious or I'll feel really dumb. XD

Ah, but its not over water and thats the problem. If i post a screenie, would it help?

What you need to do is on the first layer, use the water tiles. Then, use the next layer to place the bridge tiles over the water. In RPG Maker XP your map has three layers. The first layer is all solid. The next two are used for tiles with transparency etc.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
As far as the regional Pokédex goes, it seems as if you have to define the maps as belonging to a region. This is done through the metadata.txt and townmap.txt files in the pbs folder. I haven't looked thoroughly into it, but once you've defined the regions in those two sections and put the entries into the pokemon.txt file then they should show up in both dexes.

If you have pokemon in more than one regional dex then you have to separate the numbers defined in the RegionalNumbers entry with commas. If it doesn't appear in a specific dex then put a 0. As far as I'm aware that should do it!

Last edited:
Years
Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle (eg. master ball), next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:
if (@battler.index&1)==0 # if player's Pokemon
@spritebaseX=16
@pokeball=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/ball%02d_0.png",(@battler.pokemon.ballused))
else
@spritebaseX=0
@pokeball=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png")
end
It says that the ballused method is undefined and I have no idea why.. it is displayed with this:
pbCopyBitmap(self.bitmap,@pokeball,@spritebaseX+5,@spritebaseY+25) if $Trainer.owned[battler.species]
I would really appreciate any help offered

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm trying to display the pokeball which the current pokemon was caught by in battle (eg. master ball), next to the hp bar.. I took the code right out of the pokedex's 2nd page.. I modified the PokemonDataBox class of Pokemon_ActualScene:
It says that the ballused method is undefined and I have no idea why.. it is displayed with this:

I would really appreciate any help offered

Could you post the actual error message? I'm not sure what the problem here is; the whole message might help clarify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back