• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hi, me again

Do you know if there is a way to change the screen size and the number of tiles that appears around the player ? Because when I play I feel like i'm on a GBA screen, whereas we could use much more room.

Has anyone tried to do this, or should I try from scratch ?

thx

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    In the SpriteResizer script section, modify the @@width and @@height values. It will make the menus look odd, though (they'll be in a 320x240 area in the top left); you'll have to learn RGSS if you want to fix those.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I was just wondering how to make a list of more than 4 choices, like in the editor.

I'm giving the player the choice of over 100 Pokémon, and I want to have them in a list.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    In the SpriteResizer script section, modify the @@width and @@height values. It will make the menus look odd, though (they'll be in a 320x240 area in the top left); you'll have to learn RGSS if you want to fix those.

Ok thanks ! Still, do you know if there is a quicker way to fix everything than to manually edit the .x and .y values of evrything ?

Hikari Swordsman

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Hello, I hope somebody could help me with this.

When I test a battle in my game, the battle stat box font is originally black. ( Where it says: *Name of Pokemon**Male/Female* Lv. *Whatever level* and below that, there is the HP bar.)

I want to know how to change the font color.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ok thanks ! Still, do you know if there is a quicker way to fix everything than to manually edit the .x and .y values of evrything ?

I don't think so, unfortunately. You'll just have to go through the scripts and change everything...

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    did anybody make a working love ball yet? there was a snippet for it earlier in the thread, but i believe there's something missing. anyways, here's what i have so far:
    Code:
    when PBItems::LOVEBALL
       agender=attacker.gender
       ogender=opponent.gender
       rareness=(rareness*8).floor if !(agender==2||ogender==2||agender==ogender )
    end
    anyone help with this?

Years
  • I wish i could partyghoul2000, I'm still learning RGSS...

I have a question, is there any way that I can make the EXP gain animation go the other way in battle?
    Like in the Gold/Silver exp animation?
    I've tried everything I can think of but nothing does it...
    Hope someone can help :D

Antonisme

Wannabe Pichu xD
    Years
  • Hey! I am pretty new in this kind of things, so I am not sue what I am doing. Is it any tutorial for this? I have the kit and RPG Maker XP. And one more thing: Can you make a game that can be online with this? :? Please answer! :3

Antonisme

Wannabe Pichu xD
    Years
  • Well, I don't understand...

Well, I have read it, but I don't know anything what it says. I don't know what I am going to use these things with and so on. Anyone know some easier tutorial for beginers (Noobs). Please help =3

partyghoul2000

Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Well, I have read it, but I don't know anything what it says. I don't know what I am going to use these things with and so on. Anyone know some easier tutorial for beginers (Noobs). Please help =3

maybe you should learn to use the program first. by the sounds of it, you could use it. search youtube for some tutorials. there should be a good amount there.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Every time I try to implement a custom evolution. I get this error...

Exception: RunTimeError
    File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 5, key Evolutions

Compiler:175:in `csvPosInt!'
    Compiler:2412:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2392:in `each'
    Compiler:2392:in `pbComplePokemonData'
    Compiler:2389:in `each'
    Compiler:2389:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:3519:in `pbCompileAllData'
    Compiler:3636

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Even when I copy/Paste the original script for an already used evolution. All I want is to have a Pokemon evolve when it is night and Unhappy. here is the script i am using.

time=Time.now
    return poke if pokemon.happiness>=0 && (time.hour>=20 && time.hour<6)

And in the pokemon.txt I set an evolution as "Custom1" w/out quotes. It doesn't work ... Can someone help me? I really want to use custom evolutions, but no matter how hard I try it won't work... I hope someone can answer my question...

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • @Hikari Swordsman and everyone who wat to know,edit Pokebattle_Actual screen script, this part
    BOXTEXTBASECOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
    BOXTEXTSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
    replace the values that are replaced with ? here,( original script has rgb values of black but i edited it) wit theRGB color value of your diseried color eg
    0,127,70 for dark green

MENUBASECOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?)
    MENUSHADOWCOLOR=Color.new(?,?,?
    If the upper doesn't get it right, sicne i done it a while ago

Antonisme

Wannabe Pichu xD
    Years
  • maybe you should learn to use the program first. by the sounds of it, you could use it. search youtube for some tutorials. there should be a good amount there.
    Hey, I found a really good tutorial for this, and it was from someone called Kingcool999 (I think). So, we will se how long it will take to make a game that me and my friends can enjoy.

But, I just have one question:
    Can you make this into a online game?

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Hey, I found a really good tutorial for this, and it was from someone called Kingcool999 (I think). So, we will se how long it will take to make a game that me and my friends can enjoy.

But, I just have one question:
    Can you make this into a online game?

if you mean like an mmo, then no. the only online part to the starter kit is trading. and last i heard it was still buggy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Every time I try to implement a custom evolution. I get this error...

Even when I copy/Paste the original script for an already used evolution. All I want is to have a Pokemon evolve when it is night and Unhappy. here is the script i am using.

time=Time.now

And in the pokemon.txt I set an evolution as "Custom1" w/out quotes. It doesn't work ... Can someone help me? I really want to use custom evolutions, but no matter how hard I try it won't work... I hope someone can answer my question...

You need to add a 0 after the evolution type (e.g. "Custom1,0").

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hello, I was wondering : is there a project or a thread somewhere where we could download the battle animations ?
    thanks !

partyghoul2000

Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Hello, I was wondering : is there a project or a thread somewhere where we could download the battle animations ?
    thanks !

i thought about starting a group to do the battle animations, but i never got the movitation to start one. :P anyways, i have a few animations on my 4shared (link in my sig) for download. just remember to cred me.

*EDIT*
    also remember to download the animation resources so the animations look right.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Every time I try to implement a custom evolution. I get this error...

time=Time.now

Can I also point out that the emboldened part won't work for any number that exists. The phrase checks to see if the number is both greater/equal to 20 and less than 6, and returns true if the number meets both these requirements. That's not going to happen.

You want to use the "or" function instead, which I believe is two vertical pipes (||).

EDIT: I have a question. How does the Regional Dex numbers thing work? I've tried putting the following line (or similar) into pokemon.txt in a handful of the pokémon sections, but when I go to compile I get the error below.

RegionalNumbers=19,2,0

This particular line is supposed to mean there are three regional Dexes, and the pokémon in question is number 19 in region A, number 2 in region B and is not in region C. The notes don't give much information about how to implement Regional Numbers (it doesn't give an example), but from what I can tell multiple Regional Dexes are allowed.

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Regional Pokédex number cannot be 0 (section {2}, PBS/pokemon.txt)
    Compiler:2330:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2293:in `each'
    Compiler:2293:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2291:in `loop'
    Compiler:2362:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2279:in `each'
    Compiler:2279:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2278:in `each'
    Compiler:2278:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
    Compiler:2264:in `pbEachFileSection'

OK   
    Sine it's an optional line, I figured it didn't matter that not all of the pokémon had this line in (which would naturally take me a while to insert; I will do eventually, but at the moment I just want to test it).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back