• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
  • @Maruno & thepsynergist: Thanks you two. It works like a charm.

@carmaniac: no luck. =\ I just made a copy of the map with snap edges though, and it works just fine. Thanks anyway. o.o

@PokemonOI: I'm not good at reading error codes, but the second looks like it might just be some sort of typo. Why not post the part of the script that's being affected? x.x

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Spoiler:

there

Bordew5

PokéTect
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    Thanks so much :D this is going to be really usefull for a game I want to make, Pokemon Tropic Orange version :).

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Does anyone know the approximate walking speed of the DS Pokemon games in RMXP. I know how to edit the movement speed, but none of the values I pick seem to be good enough... also, is there away to change the tileset editor so that tiles are 16 by 14 (32 by 28) instead of 16 by 16 (32 by 32)?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    what do I have to put in the scripts, so that if "you" had a Bulbasaur or whatever, and was in your team, something else would happen... i.e.

if Blah
    blah blah blah blah blah
    $blah_blah[blah]=blah
    blah blah blah(blah,blah_blah)

elsif Blah && ---->has Bulbasaur<---- && ---->in team<----
    blah blah blah blah blah
    $blah_blah[blah]=blah
    blah blah blah(blah,blah_blah)

I no all the "blah's" are quite annoying but the only thing i wanna no is what that specific code is for checking whether this Pokémon is owned! And, is in the team

I no that its something like, !hasSpecies, in-game, but thats not what im looking for!

I am trying to learn this language! I can do basic things, switches, variables, text, etc. etc. But I wanna try this new code im practising for checking Pokémon Owned, Trainer ID and Is In the Team Now...

If you no all 3 that would be great help :)

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    How can i change size of displaying map? I using res 760 height i want to display 384 what i must edit?

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • Hm, here's a question I've been wondering for some time.
    Is there a way, in the scripts, to edit the.. how do I put this..."options" given when making a trainer?
    What I'm trying to do is edit it, to where I can also set the ability and gender of that trainer's PokéMon. For example, regarding gender, instead of it being random, the poke should be the same gender as the trainer unless a certain gender only, genderless, or it's set to the opposite. It just makes sense if you lost to a trainer that their bidoof didn't have a sex change in the two minutes it took to walk from the Center back to the Route. And also, setting the ability makes it easier and more creative when making gym leader teams, ect. I'm hoping it's not too difficult, considering you can set EV spread and nature for battle tower PokéMon.

And now, for a question that may affect more people. A solution for this glitch was stated a very long time ago, but essentials has updated and learning how to correct it now seems very vague to me. (please note, I'm using the Feb. 08 release of essentials)

Playing the game in normal mode, go to a PokeCenter PC and go to move PokeMon.
    Select a Pokemon, then select cancel, or select move, then cancel. The debug menu for that Poke will show up....yea, not good. o.o;

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I have a problem with the background and the hp/exp bars:

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I have a problem with the background and the hp/exp bars:

Sorry for my english.

to me that looks like you need to resize the background picture... it didnt fit at the size it is and is looping itself to fit, like if you were to put a small picture as your desktop picture on your pc/laptop! but thats what it looks like!

the hp bar, not a clue!

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • The background is as said in the post above me not resized.

The HP Bar + Text must be repositioned in the PokeBattle_ActualScene script.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • I'm hoping I phrased this properly... Is there a way to get the icons next to the menu items in DPPt and do the same with them in Pokemon Essentials? If so, I'd love to know how...

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    The notes for the starter kit say that button input processing was redefined. I searched the scripts for references to Button_Input_Processing, but found no difference from the original RMXP script. What was changed, and how can it be changed back?

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    will someone please help me i made me a great intro but when i transffer player home i get a error message but i cant seem to have it set a sprite the sprite is invisable everytime i tr and open the menu or anything itl say please refer to documentation

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Sorry for the most retarded question ever, but is it possible to change the player's graphic later? This is a semi-vital function as well as a some-fun-later option. (There are changeable costumes in my game.)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The notes for the starter kit say that button input processing was redefined. I searched the scripts for references to Button_Input_Processing, but found no difference from the original RMXP script. What was changed, and how can it be changed back?
    If you can't find any differences, why do you want to revert it? What has it changed, and why don't you like it?

will someone please help me i made me a great intro but when i transffer player home i get a error message but i cant seem to have it set a sprite the sprite is invisable everytime i tr and open the menu or anything itl say please refer to documentation
    The intro screen must contain two things: a call to pbChangePlayer and a call to pbTrainerName (or $Trainer=PokeBattle_Trainer.new("Dave",pbGetPlayerTrainerType) if you want to force the player to use a specific name).

I'm guessing here that in your editing of the intro map, you've deleted the pbChangePlayer call. pbChangePlayer sets the player's sprites, and without it the player is invisible.

Sorry for the most retarded question ever, but is it possible to change the player's graphic later? This is a semi-vital function as well as a some-fun-later option. (There are changeable costumes in my game.)
    pbChangePlayer should do it. Assuming more than one alternate outfit per gender (by default you can have up to 4 player characters defined), then you'll have to modify the scripts to allow more sets of sprites to be used.

I believe I made a post in this thread about doing exactly this the other month. Try searching for "PlayerA" and/or "PlayerC" - I probably used those words in my post.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    If you can't find any differences, why do you want to revert it? What has it changed, and why don't you like it?

I'm trying to make a menu, where you use button input processing to select the different options. In a fresh RMXP project, it works just fine, however in the starter kit any key input is interpreted as up. So, you can only go up through the menu options, and can't cancel, select, or go down.

Years
  • Not sure if anyone else has noticed this with the latest Essentials, but the following letters are cut off on the Name screen: M, Z, m, z.
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Thanks Maruno, I guess I'll have to drop the idea or pick up RGSS. I was hoping to just be able to switch out the graphics and change them back thru a wardrobe.

I've dealt with the same thing before too. You don't need to know RGSS to do it, especially since it's a minor edit. Basically, you would define a trainer for every costume in the exact same way you would for the original player trainer. If you want more than four, then you just have to do what Maruno said and change the limit from 4 to whatever you want. The new character would then replace your character using the pbChangePlayer script (which can be found in the intro event if you don't know how to use it). Then, even though you're using a different character, it's still interpreted as "you" in-game, with the same name, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back