• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarantine

The psychic baritone ♠
Years
  • I'm pretty sure that the code for white is 00000000. But I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot, in any case i already found a way to fix that little bug. :)

Where do you go to edit the characters you play as?

You say, to edit the sprite and use another?

If so, check on Graphics>Characters.
    There you'll find the graphic of the guy and the girl (Trainer000.png and Trainer001.png, respectively). All you need to do is to change the sprite of the character for the sprite you want to appear as the hero, but name it the same (your male character trainer000.png, the female trainer001.png)

At least that's what i do. If it wasn't clear enough you can send me a PM if you please.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Check the party for a pokémon with level greater than or equal to 30:
    Code:
    for pkmn in $Trainer.party
      if pkmn.level>=[COLOR=Red]30[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]<do whatever you want>[/COLOR]
        break
      end
    end
    Display text:
    Code:
    action=_INTL("[COLOR=Red]Vine Whip[/COLOR]")
    text=_INTL("[COLOR=Red]{1} was able to do {2}.[/COLOR]",pkmn.name,action)
    Kernel.pbMessage(text)
    Doesn't take a genius, to be honest.

Eventing is generally easy, grafx easy...scripting...not so easy. With tiny script above, do I need to make something in the Script Editor, or use a conditional branch, or... what? I'm thinking the text thing is either seperate or in a conditional branch. Again, I feel really stupid asking all these questions!

EDIT: For those of you wanting to edit your character's sprites, take a look in the editor.exe

Go to Set Metadeta, and scroll it up to [GLOBAL], here you can edit all of the sprites available to set your characters.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hi, um how do I make it so that the choice box doesn't show up in the top-left corner of the screen?

On the line right above the text, insert Change Text Options command. You can choose top, middle, bottom, show, and hide. If you're wanting to align it to the right side of the screen, I have yet to figure that out (but it probably has to do with the text format commands, like coloring, line breaks, etc.).

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • On the line right above the text, insert Change Text Options command. You can choose top, middle, bottom, show, and hide. If you're wanting to align it to the right side of the screen, I have yet to figure that out (but it probably has to do with the text format commands, like coloring, line breaks, etc.).

Thanks a lot man! This helped me out!

EDIT: Also, is it possible to make a random egg generator? So that an event randomly generates an egg containing any Pokemon, EXCEPT Legendaries, and Evolutions.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Also, is it possible to make a random egg generator? So that an event randomly generates an egg containing any Pokemon, EXCEPT Legendaries, and Evolutions.

I'm working on it right now. I can do it with events, but it would take like 493 conditional branches as an event, lol. I have the logic for the script, I just need to keep looking for the key words in the scripts. The main problem is that it recognizes the species by name, so I can't use a random number generator to do it. If I could convert the IDs into the corresponding names, it would be easy (It might require assigning a number to every species name, which would be a pain to script).

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • What is the script of the dual system by mp tell me?[/QUOTE]

OMG No matter how many times you ask or how big you make your letters no will give it to you, so quit asking!

I'm working on it right now. I can do it with events, but it would take like 493 conditional branches as an event, lol. I have the logic for the script, I just need to keep looking for the key words in the scripts. The main problem is that it recognizes the species by name, so I can't use a random number generator to do it. If I could convert the IDs into the corresponding names, it would be easy (It might require assigning a number to every species name, which would be a pain to script).
    Thats not entirely true you can assign people pokemon by using the ID number

pbAddPokemon(003,30)

That should work just fine to add a pokemon by number, not name. Tested it and it works...

You can make a script, that picks a random pokemon ID and gives it to the player. Its actually quite easy even for eggs.

If you wanna add the egg just change pbAddPokemon to kernel.pbGenerateEgg

It works I've tested it. Also here is a screenie of how you can use events to generate a random egg for the player. Of course this example is limited to 4 random eggs, you add more or less but If you want more I suggest you actually write a script.

Like I said this gives the player 1 random egg out of 4 different choices

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017

pbAddPokemon(003,30)

That should work just fine to add a pokemon by number, not name. Tested it and it works...

You can make a script, that picks a random pokemon ID and gives it to the player. Its actually quite easy even for eggs.

It works I've tested it.

Okay, I see what you're saying. So, how can I make the condition (for species) reference a given variable? It's all pretty much done, except getting the value into the proper field.

KingCharizard

Years
  • Oh... *Sad face*
    I have a VBA emulator.
    Isn't there some way to make your pokemon essentials game into a rom? D=

Yes its called hack a GBA rom and do everything you want to do in essentials in the rom. I'll be honest im no hacker, I dont know much about hacking but I believe the kit gives you more options for creating fan games.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Oh... *Sad face*
    I have a VBA emulator.
    Isn't there some way to make your pokemon essentials game into a rom? D=

No, the coding is entirely different (made on different software), so you have to hack to make a rom (that way it uses the same type of coding, and the gameboy can actually read the data).

@KingCharizard: It generates random numbers just fine now, however I'm having trouble setting the limits. It gets a lot of 0.9, 0.5, etc. I need to know how to keep it at whole numbers within the range.

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • What is the script of the dual system by mp tell me?[/QUOTE]

OMG No matter how many times you ask or how big you make your letters no will give it to you, so quit asking!

pbAddPokemon(003,30)

It works I've tested it. Also here is a screenie of how you can use events to generate a random egg for the player. Of course this example is limited to 4 random eggs, you add more or less but If you want more I suggest you actually write a script.

Like I said this gives the player 1 random egg out of 4 different choices

Thanks! But, how do I make it so that, you can only generate an egg that doesn't contain a legendary, or evolved Pokemon.

Oh, and what is the '(###,30)'...What does that mean?

And I kind of meant like, you walk up to a person, pay the person, and he randomly gives you an egg. I know how to do that, but I don't know how to generate the random egg. Do you get what I am saying?

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
  • No, the coding is entirely different (made on different software), so you have to hack to make a rom (that way it uses the same type of coding, and the gameboy can actually read the data).

@KingCharizard: It generates random numbers just fine now, however I'm having trouble setting the limits. It gets a lot of 0.9, 0.5, etc. I need to know how to keep it at whole numbers within the range.

What is the formula your using for the random number generator?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    What is the formula your using for the random number generator?

All right, I fixed it and it works perfectly. There's a small quirk, though. It generates eggs for second and third forms, instead of just the first forms. I don't think there's a good way of checking whether or not the pokemon has a pre-evolution, so I don't think I'll mess with that (besides, it's kind of interesting to get something besides first forms for this kind of thing). Now, I just have to finish the checks for legendaries (by checking every ID, which is kind of long).

Cilerba said:
    Thanks! But, how do I make it so that, you can only generate an egg that doesn't contain a legendary, or evolved Pokemon.

Oh, and what is the '(###,30)'...What does that mean?

And I kind of meant like, you walk up to a person, pay the person, and he randomly gives you an egg. I know how to do that, but I don't know how to generate the random egg. Do you get what I am saying?

I made it, I just have to work out the kinks. It does randomly generate a pokemon (although I'm having difficulty with the eligibility test), but to make it cost money or something is up to you (it can be done very easily with an event, just use the change gold command)

EDIT: What is the best way to check for equality of multiple values? A case statement is pretty long, but I could do it if necessary.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back