• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    It is not simple to use this? And dont use 003 because that dont work just use 3.

pbGenerateEgg(175,5)
    $PokemonGlobal.daycareEgg=0
    $PokemonGlobal.daycareEggSteps=0

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    It is not simple to use this? And dont use 003 because that dont work just use 3.

pbGenerateEgg(175,5)

The problem is that he needs it to generate a random egg, not a specifically defined one. The only thing that has to be worked out now is a check for legendary and evolved pokemon.

That aside, does anyone have any ideas for checking the pokemon, probably by ID, to make sure it's not ineligible to be an egg?

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks! But, how do I make it so that, you can only generate an egg that doesn't contain a legendary, or evolved Pokemon.

Oh, and what is the '(###,30)'...What does that mean?

And I kind of meant like, you walk up to a person, pay the person, and he randomly gives you an egg. I know how to do that, but I don't know how to generate the random egg. Do you get what I am saying?

pbGenerateEgg(175,5)

I'm uploading a video tutorial now, check the tutorials section in like 20 minutes...

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    When you're finished making a pokemon game; how exactly are you meant to publish it?
    How are other people supposed to enjoy your game?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    When you're finished making a pokemon game; how exactly are you meant to publish it?
    How are other people supposed to enjoy your game?

File > Compress Game Data.

It's kind of assumed you have a basic knowledge of RMXP before using the Starter Kit. Of course I hate to sound rude, but I mean you really should at least know the basics before using this thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I have a major problem, and I can't seem to fix it... and if I can't, my fangame will never get finished!
    I was changing some of the events for the game when I went to save and that is when it happened... it froze! I tried closing it and opening it in another RMXP but it said "Fail to load script data", what does this mean? And is there any way to fix this?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Is there a command in the scripts to check if a pokemon is an evolved form? Or would I have to create a method and define them individually myself?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    What do you mean, you check for pokemon, either by ID# or by name...

I know that, I just wanted to know if a method has been written to determine if a pokemon is evolved, like the pbIsBanned? method (which checks for specific pokemon that can't go to the battle tower). If not, I would have to write it.

KingCharizard

Years
    I know that, I just wanted to know if a method has been written to determine if a pokemon is evolved, like the pbIsBanned? method (which checks for specific pokemon that can't go to the battle tower). If not, I would have to write it.

Maybe if I knew why u wanted such a function, I could tell you. Cause their is the battle tower functions...

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Maybe if I knew why u wanted such a function, I could tell you. Cause their is the battle tower functions...

It's for improving the random egg generator. It perfectly generates any pokemon from 1-493, but setting the conditions is somewhat difficult. There has to be a check to keep legendaries and evolved forms out of the eggs. I have the legendaries taken care of, so I need a check to see if a pokemon is evolved, to keep it from making it into an egg.

KingCharizard

Years
    It's for improving the random egg generator. It perfectly generates any pokemon from 1-493, but setting the conditions is somewhat difficult. There has to be a check to keep legendaries and evolved forms out of the eggs. I have the legendaries taken care of, so I need a check to see if a pokemon is evolved, to keep it from making it into an egg.

set up a loop that shuffles through each id.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Logically there must be a way of checking whether a pokémon is evolved, because breeding a Venusaur gives you a Bulbasaur egg and not a Venusaur egg.

In PokemonDayCare, pbGetBaby finds the basic species of the mother. Now, using this as is with your random number generator would make a Bulbasaur egg 3 times as likely as a Mawile egg (because both the random numbers corresponding to Ivysaur and Venusaur would also result in a Bulbasaur egg).

What you need to do is create a similar lump of code which simply rejects the randomly generated number if it finds there's a prevolution, rather than return it (i.e. put it in a do loop, and break if the code returns false, i.e. there's no prevolution, therefore the randomly chosen number is a basic pokémon). This now means all basic pokémon have the same chance of being generated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hello
    I got 2 questions about the starter kit :
    1) how are the unknown handled? Is there already something like an unkown dex?
    2) If I use direct paths in scripts, like "graphics/pictures/pokegear.png", what will happen once I compress data an export it? Are the files still found in the scripts?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hello
    2) If I use direct paths in scripts, like "graphics/pictures/pokegear.png", what will happen once I compress data an export it? Are the files still found in the scripts?

1) I don't know if anyone has attempted an Unown dex, it sounds interesting though. The problem is that Unown share an ID, so you may have to define all of the Unown separately, and have the Unown dex call those pokemon. They would look like Unown in the dex, but they would really be more like imitations. There's probably a better way to do it, but that's what I could think of off hand.

2) I believe it compresses everything (audio, images, etc.) with your game. You have to make sure that you select encrypt when compressing it though to keep people from taking your resources.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello
    1) The Unown letter is determined by a calculation using the pokémon's unique personal ID number. This same number determines the gender and nature of a pokémon. When loading the Unown's sprites (front/back sprites, animated icons), there's simply an extra calculation that loads the appropriate graphic. There is no physical difference between any Unown - it's all down to what a certain calculation results in.

So no, there's no pre-made Unown Dex. There's simply an additional calculation to see which letter graphic should be loaded when you're looking at them (same with Spinda and its spots).

To create an Unown Dex, you'd need to create an array of 28 true/false entries, and change this array when you capture a new Unown letter. The Unown Dex would only display the Unown letters that you've captured (i.e. only the ones that are "true" in the array)... Or you may come up with a different kind of Unown Dex, I don't know. The point is that you'd have to make one yourself.

2) Every use of a graphic in the game does this, even for tilesets. Anything that's in the Graphics, Audio, Data and Fonts folders is compressed when the game is. The pictures are still there, it's just that compressing them makes them inaccessible by any other means that playing the game (to prevent easy theft of those files). This includes the Data folder, which contains all the scripts, meaning they cannot be edited once you've compressed the game (so you can't edit the game).

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks for your replies !
    Also :
    >To create an Unown Dex, you'd need to create an array of 28 true/false entries
    Ok... how can I save this array when the player saves? Right now I use switches for that kind of informations, but I think there must be a better way (more script-oriented)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Logically there must be a way of checking whether a pokémon is evolved, because breeding a Venusaur gives you a Bulbasaur egg and not a Venusaur egg.

In PokemonDayCare, pbGetBaby finds the basic species of the mother. Now, using this as is with your random number generator would make a Bulbasaur egg 3 times as likely as a Mawile egg (because both the random numbers corresponding to Ivysaur and Venusaur would also result in a Bulbasaur egg).

What you need to do is create a similar lump of code which simply rejects the randomly generated number if it finds there's a prevolution, rather than return it (i.e. put it in a do loop, and break if the code returns false, i.e. there's no prevolution, therefore the randomly chosen number is a basic pokémon). This now means all basic pokémon have the same chance of being generated.

I see. I looked in PokemonDayCare, and had actually noticed that, but I followed it to PokemonEvolutionHelper, which threw me off. I finished the original version, which works fine, but it's pretty long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back