• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    Open up RPG Maker and create a new project. Copy Paste all of your game data except game.rxproj into your new project folder. Say yes to all the conformation boxes. Enjoy your game back.

I pasted everything except the "Game.rxproj" and when I opened it up, I got an error message saying:

"Failed to load Class Data"

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    You could do that long branch of elsifs, but why bother when you can just set it to
    Code:
    if pokemon.egg?
       return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg%02d",pokemon.type1))
      end
    and just name your images accordingly (the same way you did with your own method), just note that numbers from 0 to 9 should have a 0 in front of them , so flying would be "egg06.png"

I didn't know how the %02d thing worked, so I decided not to try it, and also it was something that I randomly thought of, so I just put it in there. Thanks for simplifying it though.

@lezebulon: On an older project I was doing for fun a while back, I remade Rustboro and made all of the lamps on the screen have the light effect, and even though there was probably only six or eight on the screen at a time, the game lagged horribly, and no other map did. It may just be the light effect specifically, or more likely it is because several events are actually running at the same time (the light effect works at the same time as other processes, so having a lot of them means that there are a lot of events being processed at the same time).

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    How do I change the font used ingame?

If you go to the options menu, you can choose between 4 font styles (the fonts come with the kit, and if they don't install like they are supposed to, the go to START > Control Panel > Fonts, and copy the files there. I had some issues with some of the fonts not working though, especially in battle. If that happens, you can look in the scripts and anywhere that it says "Arial", change it to the desired font name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Please help me.
    I run the game and all is black, and the window is more big than the normal.

Years
    For some reason, whenever I try transferring the player to this one map (and it only happens when transferring to this particular map) I get the follow.
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Dawn
    Exception: NoMethodError

Interpreter:509:in `command_end'

Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Scene_Map:96:in `update'

Scene_Map:94:in `loop'

Scene_Map:107:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

Scene_Map:60:in `loop'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

Now I can see absolutely nothing wrong with the map, and I don't see how it could be the Event because it's exactly the same as the other Transfer Player Events which work perfectly.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    For some reason, whenever I try transferring the player to this one map (and it only happens when transferring to this particular map) I get the follow.

Now I can see absolutely nothing wrong with the map, and I don't see how it could be the Event because it's exactly the same as the other Transfer Player Events which work perfectly.

I'm not entirely sure, but it is likely that it is caused by an event on the map you're transferring to. It may be set to autorun, possibly by a switch, and it would probably have something to do with the "unlock" mentioned in the error. I can't say for sure, since it likely has something to do with a script you made.

Years
    I'm not entirely sure, but it is likely that it is caused by an event on the map you're transferring to. It may be set to autorun, possibly by a switch, and it would probably have something to do with the "unlock" mentioned in the error. I can't say for sure, since it likely has something to do with a script you made.

FIXED: Something was wrong with the Connections data. So I just deleted everything in connections.txt and it fixed the problem. Dunno what happened there, don't think it likes Transfer Player Events that transfer the player to another map on the same Visual Editor field (if that makes sense...)
    Code:
    (Pretend Visual Editor)
          MAP C
           |
    MAP A -- MAP B

Transfer player from MAP A to MAP B using a Transfer Player event command "RMXP: OMG, I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO IT *THROWS AN ERROR IN YOUR FACE*"

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    FIXED: Something was wrong with the Connections data. So I just deleted everything in connections.txt and it fixed the problem. Dunno what happened there, don't think it likes Transfer Player Events that transfer the player to another map on the same Visual Editor field (if that makes sense...)
    Code:
    (Pretend Visual Editor)
          MAP C
           |
    MAP A -- MAP B

Transfer player from MAP A to MAP B using a Transfer Player event command "RMXP: OMG, I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DO IT *THROWS AN ERROR IN YOUR FACE*"

I see, I'm glad you fixed it (I'll have to keep that in mind when I work with connections).

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Lmao, glad you figured out your problem Silver. I would have asked why such a transition was even necessary, but nevermind xD.

I had a quick question, which has bothered me for some time. I know how to change the text speed settings at will (i.e. slow, medium and fast) but I was wondering if I could increase the overall rate at which letters were drawn. In other words, how can I speed up all text speed options a little? I played around with pbSetSystemTextSpeed, but not luck.

ldida1

The penguin who likes pie.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    I need help with the regional pokedex stuff...
    I found a post with how to set up the regional pokedex but i dont get it...
    In pokemon.txt i have inserted RegionalNumbers= and what number in the pokedex i want the pokemon to be but when i put in: [FONT=&quot]return 1 if $game_switches[100][/FONT] instead of [FONT=&quot]pbGetPokedexRegion in PokemonPokedex script it comes up with: Script 'PokemonPokedex' line 242: SyntaxError occured.
    [/FONT]

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Anyone know which exact values control the day night tint? I found the values and toyed with a few but nothing changed, wondering if anyone knows which exact value to edit to change the night time tint.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    @MrChewy

I'm pretty sure thats in the message system section of notes.html.

It's not, since I believe this is hard-coded into the system. Just to clarify: I want to increase the rate at which text is drawn. By default, "Fast" is still rather slow.

Anyone know which exact values control the day night tint? I found the values and toyed with a few but nothing changed, wondering if anyone knows which exact value to edit to change the night time tint.

The exact values can be modified at the very top of PokemonUtilities.

Also, I've just had a mental blank. Where does one change the default message text color? I've been editing this for days, but it's completely slipped my mind.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Also, I've just had a mental blank. Where does one change the default message text color? I've been editing this for days, but it's completely slipped my mind.
    It would be difficult to do. We just discussed it on the last page, the text for every menu, etc., is all defined in different places, not one universal place. You would have to find every instance that the text is specified and change it. If it's just message colors, then you can use the special commands described in the notes (although it would take a lot of work to color every message in a game that way).

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    It's not, since I believe this is hard-coded into the system. Just to clarify: I want to increase the rate at which text is drawn. By default, "Fast" is still rather slow.

The exact values can be modified at the very top of PokemonUtilities.

I know where its at I need to know which value's to change, I just tried changing a few more, and nothing... I wanna do this before I goto bed and the sun comes up..

I think you change the default text color either in pokemon Options are pokemon messages scripts but I really think it's in the messages script, but i know pokemon options does have text options....

@kitsune, I think I saw the global text object in the pokemon messages script. So I dont think your info is correct but I'm not too sure you could be right and i'm wrong

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I know where its at I need to know which value's to change, I just tried changing a few more, and nothing... I wanna do this before I goto bed and the sun comes up..

I think you change the default text color either in pokemon Options are pokemon messages scripts but I really think it's in the messages script, but i know pokemon options does have text options....

@kitsune, I think I saw the global text object in the pokemon messages script. So I dont think your info is correct but I'm not too sure you could be right and i'm wrong

It's possible that a global text object was defined, but I do know however that not every instance of text references it. I went to SpriteWindow and modified the specified color there, and it only changed some of the system text (like the load screen and menu), but did not change things like NPC messages, the summary menu, etc. The game has multiple areas that define the text (ie., both SpriteWindow and PokemonMessages for starters).

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    This is probably a standard question, but how do i change the default screen size/rezolution? So that you don't have to change it in options.

Sorry for silly writing, but i'm not perfect. Pikachu is.

Greetings, Andreas.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    I just messed around and found that exact error. It seems you are using a dependent event, and then trying to battle a single trainer. I don't know how to fix it, but the dependent event is most likely the problem. Deregister your partner and see if you can battle.

I don't know about this one, as it worked just fine with a dependent event (I did the testing using an unmodified starter kit). Did you change the intro? Make sure the trainer is defined (there should be a pbChangePlayer() command in the intro. If it doesn't have that, then a many things won't work.
    Ok Im no't sure what you ment by Deregister your partner and PbChangePlayer() was there so Im no't sure how to fix it at all thank you for answering my other questions so it would be awesome if you or someone could still answer these

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back