• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
  • Two questions:

1) Is there an easy way to add in the Sinnoh attacks? I realized that THAT was the problem I had before >> I was trying to use those without them being in the other PBS files.

EDIT: And on moves such as Gyro Ball (which change in accordance to opponents speed) which Special Damage # is to be used? I can't find it in the list :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    hey does anyone have the script for a dual screen? or rather a way to edit it once you get it?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    hey does anyone have the script for a dual screen? or rather a way to edit it once you get it?
    I believe this question has been answered several times. None of them are public, so the only way to get one is to go to someone who made it. However, unless you already have a fair quality game, or a team put together for a project, it's highly unlikely that they will give it to you.

EDIT: I lied, there is a public one. However, if you want a good one that's actually complete, then what I said above is true.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    I have the basic script (I have two screens in game) I just dont understand how to scale them down because right now they are taking up more than half my screen

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • Urr.. Near the bottom of the script change this Screen.resize(485,695) to Screen.resize(240,320) Then change @sprite=IconSprite.new(0, 340) to @sprite=IconSprite.new(0, 170) though the only problem is the sprites will be really big in the screen so its advisable to keep it the same for now. I think I might make a basic version of my script and release it too.

Years
  • I have a few questions:

1. Not sure if this is a bug or what but wild Pokemon don't attack or anything. They just sit there. Trainer battles work fine. I've redownloaded the starter kit and it is still the same.

2. I'm trying to implement the Johto and Sinnoh balls. I have them all working except the Love Ball, Lure Ball and Heal Ball.
    I have this for my Love Ball code:
    elsif isConst?(ball,PBItems,:LOVEBALL)
    rareness*=8 if !(battler.gender==self.battlers[1].gender)
    Any idea what to do to get it working? And is there any way to tell if the wild Pokemon was caught on a rod? I would expect so since the backdrop changes based on environment but I'm not sure what to use to check that. Also is there any way to get the Heal Ball working so that it will restore the caught Pokemon's health? Not sure how to do that and I do kinda want to make the Luxury Ball work like it does in game. My guess is that in the part of the code that deals with happiness a checker for the Luxury Ball would allow you to give a double rate but not sure how to do any of that.

3. In the PokeDex there is a little circle and I want to implement footprints in that. I don't think it would be too hard, probably just in the PokeDex code add a display picture and arrange it so it's in the circle. And then I'd need pictures of all the footprints in the picture folder. My coding skill isn't all that great so I really don't think I could figure out how to do this so any help would be appreciated.

4. Is there any way to make it so that Pokemon with different forms (Unown, Castform, Deoxys, Burmy, Wormadam, Cherrim, Shellos, Gastrodon, Rotom, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus) to have different forms in game? It wouldn't be hard to make new Pokemon starting at 494 but their PokeDex ID would be 494+.

Anyways those are a lot of questions that aren't necessarily easy since they all involve coding but hopefully someone can help, thanks!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I might be wrong for saying this but i've noticed a increase of questions that are being asked here that if people tried to figure out theselves would never need to be asked... Its kinda getting annoying and I haven't been answering them I'm all about helping people but it seems alot of younger kids have found essentials...

Ok now onto my question, has anyone figured out how to change the default font color to black?

Years
  • If that was directed at me that list would've been three times as long a week ago. Those questions are the only ones I haven't been able to figure out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    My latest update to Pokemon Essentials implements alternate forms. However, graphics for each form are not included. But I've revised the alternate forms section of the notes to specify what those alternate forms looks like.

The game system does not keep track of whether a Pokemon has been fished.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you much! The update also fixed the wild Pokemon issue. I'm new here but I just want to say I greatly appreciate all the work you've done!

As for the rod is there anyway to turn on a switch when a battle starts via the OldRod, GoodRod, or SuperRod encounter types and off if it's any other type? Would I add something in PokemonEncounters?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Ok now onto my question, has anyone figured out how to change the default font color to black?
    If you're referring to changing ALL of the text in game to black, then you would have to go to every script that a font color is defined, and make it black. There is no universal font that is or could be applied to all of the in-game fonts.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Gorbeh:

The script section PokemonField contains a method called "pbEncounter". Modify that method to this:
    Code:
    def pbEncounter(enctype)
     if $PokemonGlobal.partner
      encounter1=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype)
      return false if !encounter1
              encounter2=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype)
              return false if !encounter2
              $PokemonTemp.encounterType=enctype
              pbDoubleWildBattle(encounter1[0],encounter1[1],
                encounter2[0],encounter2[1])
              $PokemonTemp.encounterType=-1
              return true
             else
              encounter=$PokemonEncounters.pbEncounteredPokemon(enctype)
              return false if !encounter
              $PokemonTemp.encounterType=enctype
              pbWildBattle(encounter[0],encounter[1])
    	  $PokemonTemp.encounterType=-1
              return true
             end
    end
    And add the following to the script:
    Code:
    class PokemonTemp
     attr_accessor :encounterType 
    end
    Then you can check whether the Pokemon was fished by checking the value of $PokemonTemp.encounterType.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Ok now onto my question, has anyone figured out how to change the default font color to black?

Yes, thanks to poccil. I'm surprised I missed it, to be honest. Contrary to popular belief, changing global text colors is actually relatively simple.

In PokemonMessages, search for this:

Code:
    isDarkSkin ? "<c2=7FFF5EF7>" : "<c2=318c675a>",

The first group of colors (7FFF and 5EF7) are colors for for the text when the message box is white. The second group of colors are for darker windowskins.

To change text color for choice boxes, menu text, etc. search for this in SpriteWindow:

Code:
    LIGHTTEXTBASE=Color.new(31*8,31*8,31*8)
    LIGHTTEXTSHADOW=Color.new(23*8,23*8,23*8)
    DARKTEXTBASE=Color.new(12*8,12*8,12*8)
    DARKTEXTSHADOW=Color.new(26*8,26*8,25*8)

Changing all of these values covers about 80% of in-game text.

Edit: Welcome back poccil! I'm amazed at the continued development of the Starter Kit. Keep up the amazing work.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • Does anyone know where I can edit the egg scripts? I need to change it so that instead of hatching automatically, it'll create a little text box thing all "your egg is ready to hatch! time to take it to X", and then once you're at X, you manually start the hatching process.....but I have no idea how to do that, or even where to start mucking around with the code. Any hints?

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    Wow

Wow, this has made alot of great games, I thank you for making this, it will help me make mine as well.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm pretty sure this has been asked, but after some extensive searching I still can't find the answer. There is a ME for trainer intros (when they first see you, before battle), but it will play through until it finishes, delaying the battle music. I tried some obvious things, like pbMEStop(), but that doesn't stop it. Any ideas?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back