• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
  • ...um. okay, so I ran that through an online translator, and...are you asking me to explain with pictures? I guess I can explain with screencaps of each step, if that's what you want.

nooo idea what you mean by changing the form of an evolution, though. do you mean changing a pokemon so it evolves into something completely new, or just changing the sprite of the evolved pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2016
    I want to create a game from pokemon digimon essentiasl
    and I want to change the way they evolve, ie they evolve with different animation, and if I refer to the catch: D

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2014
    Hi, I have been studing pokemon essentials, and I wanted to change the pokemon essentials and make some things to learn a bit more. But when I change something on the starterkit, the game won't open after the changes. If I create a new map or even if I change the player starting position (yes I change in the intro event) the game won't play. Can anyone give me some help on this? Thanks.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hi, I have been studing pokemon essentials, and I wanted to change the pokemon essentials and make some things to learn a bit more. But when I change something on the starterkit, the game won't open after the changes. If I create a new map or even if I change the player starting position (yes I change in the intro event) the game won't play. Can anyone give me some help on this? Thanks.
    I don't think that's enough information to really understand your problem. When you change the starting position, it should only be done by using the Transfer Player command in the intro event. Do not use the Player's Starting Position command (which is done by right clicking on a point in a map in the event layer, and choosing that option), since you MUST start on the INTRO map. Aside from that, the kit should be completely customizable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2014
    Thanks for the reply, I already solve the problem after almost one week trying to find it. I've puted the starter kit in the system folder of the RPG Maker XP and it worked :) thanks anyway!!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Quick question: in the daycare script the "for i in 0...2" can't be edited without throwing an error. Why can it only store 2 values? If I can figure out that much, I can look into some alternatives.

Years
  • I seem to be having issues with the loadbg appearing, the resolution is 480x660 (dual screen) so I made loadbg.png the same and added the bottom part of it to the bottom half (top half is 480x320, middle is an empty space 480x20 and the bottom half is 480x320). Now when I go to the load screen, the bottom screen is still black. I did the exact same thing with the title screen earlier and it worked perfectly...not sure what is going on here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2016
    hello again

I have raised new doubts

1-How to change the form of evolution.
    2-I of the gym leaders still no entity
    3 - Is there a good tutorial?
    4-How to prevent the passage of some sites if you have no medals.
    Section 5-I can explain the attacks.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • hello again

I have raised new doubts

I just finished making a tutorial for number 4, I'll PM it to you now :)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    hello again

I have raised new doubts

I answered most of those questions a page or two back, and Vociferocity answered a couple of times too. If you can't understand our explanations in English (we have a hard time understanding your Engrish too), then please find someone who speaks your language and ask them for help with these questions. These problems aren't difficult, it's just that we seem to be having issues with communication.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Quick question: in the daycare script the "for i in 0...2" can't be edited without throwing an error. Why can it only store 2 values? If I can figure out that much, I can look into some alternatives.
    I'm not sure why it would. Remember that there are a bunch of lines that say "for i in 0...2", so you'll have to change them all. It's fairly straightforward, though, I imagine.

As it stands, breeding will only occur if there are exactly 2 Pokémon being stored there. There'll be no breeding if you have 3 or more stored.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    Ok, I know this sounds noobish, but I'm having a problem getting the player to move. I'm teaching my self to create a game with Pokemon essentials.

I've done an intro where Professor Oak talks to you, and then I used "Transfer Player" to move the character to the first town. I know my arrow keys work as directional buttons, because I can use them to select the player game and go back and forth from new game and options when I start it up. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm not sure why it would. Remember that there are a bunch of lines that say "for i in 0...2", so you'll have to change them all. It's fairly straightforward, though, I imagine.

As it stands, breeding will only occur if there are exactly 2 Pokémon being stored there. There'll be no breeding if you have 3 or more stored.
    I thought so too, but it seems that's not the case, which is why it's difficult. I'll show the list of errors, and the new ones that pop up when one is fixed. They occur when you change every one of the 2s into any number (3, 10, 17, etc.).

When you take a step you get this:
    Spoiler:

When you fix that you get this (also occurs on the first step):
    Spoiler:

If you fix that you get this when depositing the third pokemon:
    Spoiler:

When that's fixed, you can't withdraw a Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

When you fix that, you're back to square one. I like a challenge, but when it doesn't make sense then it just becomes irritating. Also, by fix I mean change the number back to 2.

@IronMan1994: The info you gave is fairly sparse, but I can see two possible problems. First, did you remove the pbChangePlayer command? Without it, you get an error message on the first step taken, since the game doesn't know what character you're using. Second, the map you transfer to may have impassible tiles where your character is placed. In this case, you can't move but there is no error. Also, make sure there are no invisible impassible tiles on the upper layers, since you can't even see they're there, but they'll do the same thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2016
    @IronMan1994: The info you gave is fairly sparse, but I can see two possible problems. First, did you remove the pbChangePlayer command? Without it, you get an error message on the first step taken, since the game doesn't know what character you're using. Second, the map you transfer to may have impassible tiles where your character is placed. In this case, you can't move but there is no error. Also, make sure there are no invisible impassible tiles on the upper layers, since you can't even see they're there, but they'll do the same thing.
    Thanks, I got it to work.

Years
  • I seem to be having issues with the loadbg appearing, the resolution is 480x660 (dual screen) so I made loadbg.png the same and added the bottom part of it to the bottom half (top half is 480x320, middle is an empty space 480x20 and the bottom half is 480x320). Now when I go to the load screen, the bottom screen is still black. I did the exact same thing with the title screen earlier and it worked perfectly...not sure what is going on here.

Just bumping it to the last page, otherwise it will get ignored...

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I thought so too, but it seems that's not the case, which is why it's difficult. I'll show the list of errors, and the new ones that pop up when one is fixed. They occur when you change every one of the 2s into any number (3, 10, 17, etc.).

When you take a step you get this:
    Spoiler:

When you fix that you get this (also occurs on the first step):
    Spoiler:

If you fix that you get this when depositing the third pokemon:
    Spoiler:

When that's fixed, you can't withdraw a Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

When you fix that, you're back to square one. I like a challenge, but when it doesn't make sense then it just becomes irritating. Also, by fix I mean change the number back to 2.
    The errors occur because the same sees the list of pokémon that are in the Day Care as an array with two entries in it. This array is defined in PokemonMap - search for:

Code:
    @daycare=[[nil,0],[nil,0]]
    Change that to something like the following:
    Code:
    for i in 0...16
      @daycare[i]=[nil,0]
    end
    That should allow for 16 pokémon slots (0-15 inclusive). Note that the three dots in the "for" line means "up until, but not including, 16", whereas two dots there instead means "up to and including 16" (which would be a total of 17 slots). Such is the fiddliness of syntax.

Try that.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    The errors occur because the same sees the list of pokémon that are in the Day Care as an array with two entries in it. This array is defined in PokemonMap - search for:

Code:
    @daycare=[[nil,0],[nil,0]]
    Change that to something like the following:
    Code:
    for i in 0...16
      @daycare[i]=[nil,0]
    end
    That should allow for 16 pokémon slots (0-15 inclusive). Note that the three dots in the "for" line means "up until, but not including, 16", whereas two dots there instead means "up to and including 16" (which would be a total of 17 slots). Such is the fiddliness of syntax.

Try that.
    It's still throwing the same errors, however it now allows me to attempt to store a pokemon. It gives the message saying it stored the pokemon, but it's still in the party. The only value I can modify without getting an error is the one under def pbDayCareGetDeposited(index,nameVariable,costVariable), which it didn't do before.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • getting away from the daycare thing for a minute, does anyone know how to use a variable inside a pbConfirmMessage?

for instance, I tried using

Code:
    Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("You want to leave \v[3]?"))

but that just displays "You want to leave [3]?". I tried keeping the \v[3] bit out of ""s, by going ("You want to leave "\v[3]"?")), but that gave me a syntax error.

I guess the whole \v[n] thing can only be used in events. any ideas about how to do this? it's just supposed to be a quick confirmation of which pokemon you're depositing/withdrawing, and the rest of the code works fine, it's just this bit that's awful and fail.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    To use the animation you created in the animation editor, open the animation editor and click "List of Animations." This will show a list of every animation in your RMXP project. Then simply click the one you want to edit. When you edit it and save, it will save it in your project, not as a separate file. The game will search for animations with appropriate names automatically (i.e. Move:TACKLE, Common:Shiny, etc.), so you don't have to do anything else after you make them.

Thanks again KitsuneKouta
    BTW I tried that on the editor and saved it
    but I checked the animation editor in RMXP tool
    and it was still the same.

And also do u kno how when pokemon use Growl
    the sound effect should be their crying sound
    how can I make this different for every pokemon?

Lastly, can you tell me the importance of the skill name?
    for example
    some of them are Move:OOO
    and some of them are just
    OOO hero OOO ennemy
    can u tell me all of these naming styles and differences?/

thank you so much

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It's still throwing the same errors, however it now allows me to attempt to store a pokemon. It gives the message saying it stored the pokemon, but it's still in the party. The only value I can modify without getting an error is the one under def pbDayCareGetDeposited(index,nameVariable,costVariable), which it didn't do before.
    Weird. There's nothing in the code that should throw a wobbly (although having said that, I'm not that knowledgeable about X-dimensional arrays).

Code:
    for i in 0...16
      @daycare[i][0]=nil
      @daycare[i][1]=0
    end
    How about that?

I'm trying to keep it simple here. If nothing else works, just expand on the default code:

Code:
    @daycare=[[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0]]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back