• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Weird. There's nothing in the code that should throw a wobbly (although having said that, I'm not that knowledgeable about X-dimensional arrays).

Code:
    for i in 0...16
      @daycare[i][0]=nil
      @daycare[i][1]=0
    end
    How about that?

I'm trying to keep it simple here. If nothing else works, just expand on the default code:

Code:
    @daycare=[[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0],[nil,0]]
    Both of those still have the same problem. I think I'll try to write a separate daycare script, since the problem with the original is elusive.

@Vociferocity: This may work as an alternative:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("You want to leave {1}",speciesname))
    Above it, you will need to define "speciesname" like this:
    Code:
    speciesname=PBSpecies.getName(pokemon.species)
    However, that is assuming that "pokemon" has been defined in the script you're using (and it usually is). However, "pokemon" has to reference the correct one in your party, so you'll probably have to define it again (I'll look that up later).
    EDIT:To display the proper pokemon's name, use this:
    Code:
    pokemon=$Trainer.party[$game_variables[1]]
    It should go right above the "speciesname" line. It uses the value in variable 1, Temp Pokemon Choice, which is the index value of the pokemon you select with pbChoosePokemon.

@odinel: The animation editor is used for creating effects that can't be done in RMXP (like moving the player's and opponent's pokemon). So you won't be able to see effects like that, since RMXP doesn't support them I guess. Try getting into a battle and see if it shows the new animation there. For naming conventions, I don't have Move:000 or 000 hero, so those are either default animations, or they're in kits that are newer than mine. Anyways, for attacks, it will look like Move:TACKLE, Move:SCRATCH, etc., and for status effects (when you are damaged from burn or poison, or sleeping and paralyzed, and also the shiny animation) you will use Common:StatDown, Common:Paralyzed, etc. For stat reduction abilities, you will use Growl Hero, Growl Enemy, etc. It doesn't seem to be very rigid though, as there are ones like Ultra Beam Hero, and Sand-Attack En, and Struggle, which go against the normal conventions described above.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    @odinel: The animation editor is used for creating effects that can't be done in RMXP (like moving the player's and opponent's pokemon). So you won't be able to see effects like that, since RMXP doesn't support them I guess. Try getting into a battle and see if it shows the new animation there. For naming conventions, I don't have Move:000 or 000 hero, so those are either default animations, or they're in kits that are newer than mine. Anyways, for attacks, it will look like Move:TACKLE, Move:SCRATCH, etc., and for status effects (when you are damaged from burn or poison, or sleeping and paralyzed, and also the shiny animation) you will use Common:StatDown, Common:Paralyzed, etc. For stat reduction abilities, you will use Growl Hero, Growl Enemy, etc. It doesn't seem to be very rigid though, as there are ones like Ultra Beam Hero, and Sand-Attack En, and Struggle, which go against the normal conventions described above.

So, are you saying that I just have to use animtion editor when I just want to edit the movement of pokemons?

also, for growl sound effect, wat do I have to do to put the crying sound of using pokemon? cuz u kno, when pokemon use growl, their cry sound should be played.

and for the moves that has two different steps like solar beam or leech seed, wat do I have to name the animation?

and for some moves that requires hero side attack , and enemy side attack
    do I just have to name it like.. Hyper Beam Hero , and Hyper Beam Enemy ?

Thank you

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    How i can do waht for a moment i cant open de menu?
    And the trainers not figth with me.

Years
  • Old Question: I seem to be having issues with the loadbg appearing, the resolution is 480x660 (dual screen) so I made loadbg.png the same and added the bottom part of it to the bottom half (top half is 480x320, middle is an empty space 480x20 and the bottom half is 480x320). Now when I go to the load screen, the bottom screen is still black. I did the exact same thing with the title screen earlier and it worked perfectly...not sure what is going on here.

New Question: In what section of PokemonPokedex can I change the base colour and shadow colour of the text circled in red? I know where to change it for the Pokedex Entry but that isn't what I want changed (well actually I do, but I already did that). Oh and also the bottom left text as well (is it separate from the middle text?)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    So, are you saying that I just have to use animtion editor when I just want to edit the movement of pokemons?

also, for growl sound effect, wat do I have to do to put the crying sound of using pokemon? cuz u kno, when pokemon use growl, their cry sound should be played.

and for the moves that has two different steps like solar beam or leech seed, wat do I have to name the animation?

and for some moves that requires hero side attack , and enemy side attack
    do I just have to name it like.. Hyper Beam Hero , and Hyper Beam Enemy ?

Thank you
    First question: Yeah, more or less. I'm not entirely familiar with it, and I think there's more handy features, so you may prefer using it if you get used to it (the interface is somewhat awkward though).

Second question: I'm not sure about that yet, I'll have to look into it. I think that question was asked several (10 or more probably) pages back.

Third question: Leech seed should already be there, it comes with the kit. Solarbeam probably follows the same conventions (i.e. Solarbeam Hero, Solarbeam Enemy, Solarbeam Turn Hero). Try it and tell me if it works.

Fourth question: I'm 90% sure that's the case. What you could do is make a random animation effect with that name, then try that move in battle to see if it's right. To see if it works for the enemy, you'll probably have to make a trainer battle and give the opponent's pokemon the moves you're testing (it can be done in the editor).

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • Both of those still have the same problem. I think I'll try to write a separate daycare script, since the problem with the original is elusive.

@Vociferocity: This may work as an alternative:

awesome, that totally works! I'll have to play around with it a little, but at least I get how that works now :D

also oh wow, you're really going to try to write a separate one? dude, you're like my hero right now, seriously.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    getting away from the daycare thing for a minute, does anyone know how to use a variable inside a pbConfirmMessage?

for instance, I tried using

Code:
    Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("You want to leave \v[3]?"))

but that just displays "You want to leave [3]?". I tried keeping the \v[3] bit out of ""s, by going ("You want to leave "\v[3]"?")), but that gave me a syntax error.

I guess the whole \v[n] thing can only be used in events. any ideas about how to do this? it's just supposed to be a quick confirmation of which pokemon you're depositing/withdrawing, and the rest of the code works fine, it's just this bit that's awful and fail.
    The _INTL method allows you to insert variables inside the translated string. For example:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("You want to leave {1}?",$game_variables[3]))

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    The _INTL method allows you to insert variables inside the translated string. For example:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("You want to leave {1}?",$game_variables[3]))
    Awesome, I'll keep that in mind.

@Vociferocity: It will be similar to the original (no use in reinventing the wheel), but all breeding related things will be removed, and a different approach will be taken for the array.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • How do I change the color for the message box? I already have the HGSS Windowskin, I just need the HGSS Colored Text >.<

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Ok I've added the items and moves and such for shadow pokemon when it says go to the trainer and then the pokemon in the editor to set it to true for them I can not find this option what so ever in there. Can anyways help me with this also I was wanting to know how to make wild shadow pokemon appear for an area is there a switch system i can use or something?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hi
    Can someone tell me how does the day/night effect work basically?
    Is it just based on the time of day and just looks for a certain tint value in a table or is it much more complicated? Because I think it's based on the season / time of year too

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Hi
    Can someone tell me how does the day/night effect work basically?
    Is it just based on the time of day and just looks for a certain tint value in a table or is it much more complicated? Because I think it's based on the season / time of year too

If you are a Fable fan, then you might be familiar with Peter Molynoux. He is famous for putting a lot of effort into something that most players of his games, won't noticed. Back on topic, it seems as though the Day and Night system, is ridiculous... From what I got in the script, it connects to the internet if available, and checks your ip address and returns, in game where you are in the world, and shows if its dark or light, or what season it is, but I think if you are not connected to the internet, it defaults to your system clock, because if you change it, it reflects within the game. So, in my opinion, the Day and Night system is like a Peter Molynoux script.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • @Vociferocity: It will be similar to the original (no use in reinventing the wheel), but all breeding related things will be removed, and a different approach will be taken for the array.

yeah, s'cool, that makes sense. still, that is so cool of you to do it :D

If you are a Fable fan, then you might be familiar with Peter Molynoux. He is famous for putting a lot of effort into something that most players of his games, won't noticed. So, in my opinion, the Day and Night system is like a Peter Molynoux script.

....that is the most surreal post lmfao forever

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    New Question: In what section of PokemonPokedex can I change the base colour and shadow colour of the text circled in red? I know where to change it for the Pokedex Entry but that isn't what I want changed (well actually I do, but I already did that). Oh and also the bottom left text as well (is it separate from the middle text?)
    Firstly, your "circle of red" really doesn't stand out at all. Next time, throw a few arrows in there that are obviously not part of the picture.

At the very top of PokemonPokedex is the class "Window_Pokedex". At the end of this (around line 36) is the following line:

Code:
       pbDrawShadowText(self.contents,rect.x,rect.y,rect.width,rect.height,text,
        [COLOR=Red]self.baseColor[/COLOR],[COLOR=Red]self.shadowColor[/COLOR])
    Change each of the two parts in red to "Color.new(255,255,255)", or whatever colour you want the base and shadow to be.

As for the "seen/own" but of text, search PokemonPokedex for this line:

Code:
     @sprites["infowindow"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize("",0,160,160,160,@viewport)
    Just below it, add the following lines:

Code:
    @sprites["infowindow"].baseColor=Color.new([COLOR=Red]255,255,255[/COLOR])
    @sprites["infowindow"].shadowColor=Color.new([COLOR=Red]255,255,255[/COLOR])
    Again, change the numbers in red to whatever you want.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    Evolution problems?d==

does anyone have evolution problem?

I tried to evolve one random pokemon by giving rare candy

but it soon crushed during evolution

does anyone have same thing happening and knows how to solve it????

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    does anyone have evolution problem?

I tried to evolve one random pokemon by giving rare candy

but it soon crushed during evolution

does anyone have same thing happening and knows how to solve it????
    You have to be more specific about your problem. How old is the version of essentials that you are using? What error message popped up? Which pokemon were you trying to evolve?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    I've just made a function which I believe may be useful
    to anyone implementing a Pokemon game. Here's the code.
    Code:
    def pbGetCDID()
     sendString=proc{|x|
      mciSendString=Win32API.new('winmm','mciSendString','%w(p,p,l,l)','l') 
      next "" if !mciSendString
      buffer="\0"*2000
      x=mciSendString.call(x,buffer,2000,0)
      if x==0
       next buffer.gsub(/\0/,"")
      else
       next ""
      end
     }
     sendString.call("open cdaudio shareable")
     ret=""
     if sendString.call("status cdaudio media present")=="true"
      ret=sendString.call("info cdaudio identity")
      if ret==""
       ret=sendString.call("info cdaudio info identity")
      end
     end
     sendString.call("close cdaudio")
     return ret
    end
    pbGetCDID() - Returns a unique identifier for the compact disc present in the computer's CD drive.
    If you know the ID for a certain CD, you can check the player's CD for that ID either to add additional features
    or to block access to the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    You have to be more specific about your problem. How old is the version of essentials that you are using? What error message popped up? Which pokemon were you trying to evolve?

I have the newest version

its not a RMXP error

it just crushes like how normal program crushes

it happens for all of the evolutions

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back