• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • Having a bit of trouble here... I'm using a blank base of the starter kit for this because I don't want to mess anything up in my game... but here's the problem.

I resized my screen to a desired size, and things like the bag, battle screen, etc etc are all in weird positions. Now, I can do CSS positioning with numbers, but I can't find where to position anything with these.

qnrcw2.jpg

Can anyone lead me to the script where I can reposition things?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I am curious to know. Is it worth it to make backups of an RPG Maker project? I dunno what the worst could happen is (Besides total hard drive wipe out), and I'd rather not experience it and lose all my work.

It's worth making backups of everything, especially if you have a lot of work, you never know what might happen. I used to be like you in that i never made backups but two weeks ago my computer got severely infected by a virus and my last system restore was from april - i.e. i would have lost everything i have.
    luckily for me it was able to be removed without losing my data, but to make a long story short, yes you should make backups. preferably on a seperate device to your hard drive, say a memory stick, in case something happens to it. now that i think of it i should do it now.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
    Years
  • It's worth making backups of everything, especially if you have a lot of work, you never know what might happen. I used to be like you in that i never made backups but two weeks ago my computer got severely infected by a virus and my last system restore was from april - i.e. i would have lost everything i have.
    luckily for me it was able to be removed without losing my data, but to make a long story short, yes you should make backups. preferably on a seperate device to your hard drive, say a memory stick, in case something happens to it. now that i think of it i should do it now.

Alright. Mostly was curious because I got an 8 gig Mem. stick, and I put it on there so I could do work on other computers. And yeah, I know what its like to not make backups. Thats how most of my hacking projects ended. Total corruption of the rom and no backup of it. Thanks for the clarification, and I'll be sure to create backups.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • So I've made an animated title screen, and pasted it into the titles part:
    Error-1.png

But when I go into the game, it isn't animated.
    Help!

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • So I've made an animated title screen, and pasted it into the titles part:
    Error-1.png

But when I go into the game, it isn't animated.
    Help!

I believe pasting the graphic does not work as I've done this before. The only thing you have to do is save your animation as a .png into the titles folder instead of copying it to there.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Maybe try using scene_intro from new version of starter kit.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • It's a animation, it can't be .png.
    It can otherwise I wouldn't of done it lol. I should've mentioned that I use U-lead to do the animations and it has the option to save as .png or when you save just put the .png extension on the end.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
    Years
  • I have a compatibility related question. I hear that RPG Maker XP can support .mp3 files. Is there any reason why mine is unable to play them - In-Game and in RPG Maker? Also, aside from OGG, Wav, MP3, and Midi, what other sound filetypes can be used in RPG Maker?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    hi guys:
    Look, I have a problem with alternative forms of Deoxys.
    I tried to call script:
    pokemon.form = form_number
    but I get error. I do not know if I did well.
    if anyone knows what it is, put it with the example of Deoxys.
    thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    Night time encounters aren't working, at night it just uses the "Land" encounters and not "LandNight", . Have no idea what is wrong since it's not throwing any errors. Has anyone noticed this and/or have a fix? I tried it on an unaltered copy of the starter kit and same issue. I haven't tested morning encounters but I would guess it's the same.

EDIT:
    LandNight and LandMorning don't appear in the Set Encounters menu of the debugger either...

I had this problem too, but have just managed to fix it.

In the PokemonEncounters script, you need to replace the lines defining encounters (from line 83) with this:

Code:
    def pbEncounterType
      if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.surfing
       return EncounterTypes::Water
      elsif self.isCave?
       return EncounterTypes::Cave
      elsif self.isGrass?
       if (Time.now.hour<6||Time.now.hour>=20)
        return EncounterTypes::LandNight
       elsif (Time.now.hour>6||Time.now.hour<=12)
        return EncounterTypes::LandDay
       elsif (Time.now.hour>12||Time.now.hour<=20)
        return EncounterTypes::LandMorning
       elsif pbInBugContest?
        if self.hasEncounter?(EncounterTypes::BugContest)
         enctype=EncounterTypes::BugContest
        end
       end

It should be fairly straightforward to see where it goes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    I'm sure I'm not the only one, but the 'bump' noise as the character walks into the wall is really starting to annoy me, since it plays on loop FAR too quickly. Is there any way to reduce the frequency of it being played?

I think it's something to do with the Game_Player_ script, but I'm not sure how to implement time delays.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Hi guys,

I've been trying to change the grass animation so that you can tint it with the day/night tint (which seems to go back to 0,0,0 for midnight). Does anyone know how this is done? I believe that the RPG::Animation class has the tone attribute but I'm not having any luck!

Dave: If you go to this link you should find a script replacement for Game_Player. I don't know which versions of Essentials it will work with so make sure you have a back up of the script first:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showth...light=number+interval+bump+sounds#post4797796

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2012
    I'm getting this error when I teleport for some outside map(in last version of Pokémon Essentials)

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
    PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
    PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'

Why?Please somebody help me.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I'm sure I'm not the only one, but the 'bump' noise as the character walks into the wall is really starting to annoy me, since it plays on loop FAR too quickly. Is there any way to reduce the frequency of it being played?

I think it's something to do with the Game_Player_ script, but I'm not sure how to implement time delays.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

I'd say one every .75 seconds or even per half second.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2014
    The bump annoyed me too, so I just got rid of it completely. In Game_Player, there are 4 lines that say "pbSEPlay("bump")," removing those lines will remove the sound. You could probably try something more creative with the pbWait(insert # here) command.

Yeah I saw the "pbSEPlay("bump")" for each direction, and assumed that was the noise. I thought about removing them, but it was the slight time delay I really wanted. Thanks for telling me how to do that!

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    can anyone explain how to give your player pokemon to start off with? It would be much appreciated. Today if possible please :)
    You mean having the pokemon from the very beginning (no professor)? Somewhere in the intro event, put this command:
    Kernel.pbAddPokemonSilent(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,5)
    It will add the pokemon without a message. If you want the message, remove the word silent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back