• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I can't find it in notes so i guess i'll ask here.
    When I make animation for attack using animation editor made by poccil (not the one from RMXP), how do i chose which attack would use this animation?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Reposting since no one knew the answer.
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Ok, this is pretty hard to explain. At the top I've set these two maps to connect because they use different tile sets. The one at the bottom has a fog but the one at the top doesn't, because when they both do the fogs over lap.
    In the screens below you can see that on the top map, when you walk up to that point the fog dissappears. Why?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • The same thing happened to me Peeky, only it was a little different.

When I have connected maps, the tiles that have priority are ignored when I am too close to the connected edges. Let's say 12 tiles near the edge of the map...

My advise is, unless someone knows how to fix this (that'd be awesome), to only use a fog on a non-connected map.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Bah, nobody helped. I'll forget about my doubt for now.
    BUT, I have another issue: On the notes.html file, I read about the regional numbers of pokémon, which were a comma-separated list of numbers.
    Like this:
    RegionalNumbers=1,200,400
    I guessed I could put them like that, since the first value is 0(which is the first region) and the second one is 1, and blah blah blah.
    The problem is that when I go to another region and open the pokedex, an error pops up. I have not the exact stuff, but it's about the imposibility to compare a string with a number or something. So, is it impossible to have different numbers for each pokémon?
    And also, my other question is: Is there any way to change the pokédex from National to Regional and viceversa with a buton? Like the one from the official games.
    1. Get the error message and show it to us. The error sounds like it might be poccil's fault, but I'm not going to spend forever trawling through the scripts if your error message has the problem line number in it.

2. Yes. It involves changing pbGetCurrentRegion to depend on a game variable (0=National, 1=Region 1, etc.), and then to change that variable elsewhere quite simply. It's up to you to add the "Change region" option wherever you want it.

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    1) Read the notes.
    2) Check the resource section.
    3) I have no idea what you're talking about.
    I tried looking at the notes, but all it showed was the simple script for the title. I know It seems like I'm being lazy, but I desperately need help.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I tried looking at the notes, but all it showed was the simple script for the title. I know It seems like I'm being lazy, but I desperately need help.

There's many ways to do it, the short simple one is to use a gif animator to create a short animation and save the animation as Pic_1.png .

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    There's many ways to do it, the short simple one is to use a gif animator to create a short animation and save the animation as Pic_1.png .
    thnx, that helped alot..................................

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I really want to create my own game.. But really dont understand anything to do with rmxp O_O

Img onna download and see if this is any easier for me to use :P

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Would it be possible to extend the number of alternate colored Pokemon? For example, have a normal colored Bulbasaur, shiny Bulbasaur, another Bulbasaur, and another Bulbasaur?

If it is possible, how could it be done?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Would it be possible to extend the number of alternate colored Pokemon? For example, have a normal colored Bulbasaur, shiny Bulbasaur, another Bulbasaur, and another Bulbasaur?

If it is possible, how could it be done?
    Alternate forms, although there are a few tweaks to be done depending on what you want out of it.

The simplest options are to either have Black Bulbasaur (for example) be a one-of-a-kind Pokémon (so you can set that one Bulbasaur's form number during the event), or to have different types of Bulbasaur live exclusively in different maps (like Shellos/Gastrodon). You could also have the form be entirely random, or in different proportions (e.g. 80% Bulbasaur, 15% Red Bulbasaur, 5% Black Bulbasaur). You could mix that with the Shellos method, to have different proportions of each kind on each map.

One thing to note is that alternate forms can have shiny variants. A cheap "not quite fix" would be to make a shiny Black Bulbasaur look exactly the same as a regular Black Bulbasaur, but you'd still get the sparkles in battle and the stars in the summary. To remove those, go into PokeBattle_Pokemon and find the def isShiny? and make it return false if it's a Black Bulbasaur (etc.).

Note that the wiki can NOT help you with alternate forms, as the article needs updating.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    whats this error mean?
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class
    PokemonMessages:114:in `pbMapInterpreter'
    Compiler:2784:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'
    Compiler:2795:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'
    Compiler:3729:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
    Compiler:2838:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:2833:in `each'
    Compiler:2833:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:2828:in `each'
    Compiler:2828:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
    Compiler:3938:in `pbCompileAllData'

and how do i fix.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • Animated Battlers

Anybody using Luka's animated pokemon (Christmas Present)? I know this may not be the place to ask but Iv'e posted several other places and got no response so I figured this forum gets checked the most so maybe I could get the help i need here. I can't get the tainer or player pokemon to work, I get a error message that says can't convert Animated bitmap into bitmap. Also I can't get the transparency to work on the battler graphics when I import them. The first and second frame graphics have the same name and may be causing the problem but they have to have the same name. Anyway if anybody knows what I'm talking about and can help me I would appreciate it soooo much. Thanks!

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Me and Luca posted a bunch in his Merry Christmas thread, check there, I got it to work eventually. Although, I'm not bothering with animated trainers.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Alternate forms, although there are a few tweaks to be done depending on what you want out of it.

The simplest options are to either have Black Bulbasaur (for example) be a one-of-a-kind Pokémon (so you can set that one Bulbasaur's form number during the event), or to have different types of Bulbasaur live exclusively in different maps (like Shellos/Gastrodon). You could also have the form be entirely random, or in different proportions (e.g. 80% Bulbasaur, 15% Red Bulbasaur, 5% Black Bulbasaur). You could mix that with the Shellos method, to have different proportions of each kind on each map.

One thing to note is that alternate forms can have shiny variants. A cheap "not quite fix" would be to make a shiny Black Bulbasaur look exactly the same as a regular Black Bulbasaur, but you'd still get the sparkles in battle and the stars in the summary. To remove those, go into PokeBattle_Pokemon and find the def isShiny? and make it return false if it's a Black Bulbasaur (etc.).

Note that the wiki can NOT help you with alternate forms, as the article needs updating.

I thought about adding a whole new "species" for each Pokémon, but then again when the player gets their national dex, there will be 100-200 duplicates of the Pokémon that are in my region.

Also, I would probably need to end up having about 100-200 return false codes if there is 100-200 seperate colored Pokémon, right?

Well, thanks for the help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back