• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I have several questions, (I think they are easy to solve but I can not find the solution):

1) I am trying to create a florist shop with the script of the pokemon market, but it gives me error, I think it's because the berries are not recognized as objects that you can buy or sell (see attached error)
    2) How I can modify the script of berries for the different types of fertilizer to take effect?
    3) how well the script is used day and night, because I try to create events that only come out at night but do not work (see picture 2 attached, I put the first page where the script is activated and time, the rest are only local switch operations)

PS: I have the 2008 version, I hope someone can shed some light on this, thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2017
    I posted this in the wrong thread :P

How can I change the font, and then I mean a less pixelated font.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Try this:
    Code:
    (@battler.index & 1) == 1
    I had come across that, but I'm not sure how to use it for what I'm doing. The basic idea is this:
    Code:
    species=enemy pokemon's species
    if $Trainer.owned[species]
      display the graphic
    end
    Using just @battler is the player's pokemon, but something like (@battler.index & 1) == 1.species is not proper syntax. If I do a check like this:
    Code:
    if (@battler.index & 1) == 1
      [email protected]
      etc.
    end
    It never returns true. And, it would still have the same problem of returning the player's pokemon.

@maldicion069: I'm fairly sure that's been answered some time ago in this thread. You should look through the older posts. It's also mentioned in the Wiki under Alternate Forms, and tells you where to put the codes, just not the word for word code.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm sorry but i don't get that at all^^ Maybe I'm just a little slow right now, but can you try to explain it to me again, or give me an example code?
    Thanks,
    Sichlor

Code:
      if @animatingEXP
       if !@showexp
        @currentexp=@endexp
       elsif @currentexp<@endexp
        [COLOR=Red]if @endexp-@currentexp<4[/COLOR]
         [COLOR=Red]@currentexp=@endexp[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]else[/COLOR]
         @currentexp+=[COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]end[/COLOR]
       elsif @currentexp>@endexp
        @currentexp-=1
       end
    Use that. Red is obviously what I've added/changed. Note you don't need to edit the "-=1", because as I said, that's only for if something smegs up (i.e. if the exp bar overshoots somehow, this line lets it go back down again).

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Code:
      if @animatingEXP
       if !@showexp
        @currentexp=@endexp
       elsif @currentexp<@endexp
        [COLOR=Red]if @endexp-@currentexp<4[/COLOR]
         [COLOR=Red]@currentexp=@endexp[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]else[/COLOR]
         @currentexp+=[COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Red]end[/COLOR]
       elsif @currentexp>@endexp
        @currentexp-=1
       end
    Yep get it now =)
    Thanks!
    By the way: For the forest day/night thing - I just added a parallel event in the forest doing the color change which works great.. if i could prevent flying now i guess im done with that^^

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • I got an error here when i try to teach a pokemon a new move.

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `bitmap' for #<BitmapWrapper:0x40c2d88>
    PokemonSprite:49:in `setPokemonBitmap'
    PokemonSummary:105:in `pbStartForgetScene'
    PokemonSummary:834:in `pbStartForgetScreen'
    PokemonItems:203:in `pbForgetMove'
    PokemonItems:200:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonItems:200:in `pbForgetMove'
    PokemonItems:376:in `pbLearnMove'
    PokemonItems:371:in `loop'
    PokemonItems:393:in `pbLearnMove'
    PokemonUtilities:2121:in `pbMoveTutorChoose'

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    Okay, I've got another Problem now:
    Does anybody know how to split the text from the Trainer Battle End Speech (text a trainer says when you beat him - but still in battle screen) into multiple messages? I don't like 10 lines of text (for gym leaders) to scroll down - It looks awful! I already tried stuff like multiple"\n"'s but as expected that doesn't work at all. So can anybody help me with this?

Well, and i'd like to re-post two problems that have not been talked about yet, maybe somebody who did'nt read through the whole topic can solve them...

1. I'd like to imitate the effect from FR/LG that when you look at signs you are able to turn away from them while the first line is still displayed and thus close the message window. I was told that this could only be done closing the interpreter, but the person didn't know how to do it with the modified starter kit scripts. So how can i dispose a message window (only from signs!) when i turn away from them?

2. This problem maybe belongs into the animation section, but i think it can only be solved by scripting: I want to change the by default included Stat increase/decrease animations to those used in FR/LG. Yes, they fit to the affected Pokemon's sprite and THAT is just my problem.. When experimenting i noticed that a good effect results from turning the animation frame blending options to "sub" - but that affects the colors drastically... anybody an idea how to solve this??

Thanks in advance
    Sichlor

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Can someone help me with this error?

---------------------------
    Pokemon Malachite
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `pbGetDecisionSE' for #<PokemonScreen_Scene:0x5d19828>
    PokemonScreen:765:in `pbChoosePokemon'
    PokemonScreen:751:in `loop'
    PokemonScreen:778:in `pbChoosePokemon'
    PokemonScreen:1237:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonScreen:1235:in `loop'
    PokemonScreen:1482:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonMenu:155:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Can someone help me with this error?

Pokemon Malachite
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `pbGetDecisionSE' for #<PokemonScreen_Scene:0x5d19828>
    PokemonScreen:765:in `pbChoosePokemon'
    PokemonScreen:751:in `loop'
    PokemonScreen:778:in `pbChoosePokemon'
    PokemonScreen:1237:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonScreen:1235:in `loop'
    PokemonScreen:1482:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonMenu:155:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonMenu:154:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    Look in the Pokemon_Screen section of your script and see if you misspelled the filename for your decision sound effect.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I have several questions, (I think they are easy to solve but I can not find the solution):

1) I am trying to create a florist shop with the script of the pokemon market, but it gives me error, I think it's because the berries are not recognized as objects that you can buy or sell (see attached error)
    2) How I can modify the script of berries for the different types of fertilizer to take effect?

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay, I've got another Problem now:
    Does anybody know how to split the text from the Trainer Battle End Speech (text a trainer says when you beat him - but still in battle screen) into multiple messages? I don't like 10 lines of text (for gym leaders) to scroll down - It looks awful! I already tried stuff like multiple"\n"'s but as expected that doesn't work at all. So can anybody help me with this?
    The battle end speech isn't really meant for that. It's only for one-liners. So no, there's no easy way to put a monologue in there.

Well, and i'd like to re-post two problems that have not been talked about yet, maybe somebody who did'nt read through the whole topic can solve them...

1. I'd like to imitate the effect from FR/LG that when you look at signs you are able to turn away from them while the first line is still displayed and thus close the message window. I was told that this could only be done closing the interpreter, but the person didn't know how to do it with the modified starter kit scripts. So how can i dispose a message window (only from signs!) when i turn away from them?

2. This problem maybe belongs into the animation section, but i think it can only be solved by scripting: I want to change the by default included Stat increase/decrease animations to those used in FR/LG. Yes, they fit to the affected Pokemon's sprite and THAT is just my problem.. When experimenting i noticed that a good effect results from turning the animation frame blending options to "sub" - but that affects the colors drastically... anybody an idea how to solve this??

Thanks in advance
    Sichlor
    1. I have no idea, and it'd be even harder anyway to do it just for signs.

2. Again, I don't know. I'm just answering these two in case you think I overlooked them on purpose (which I did, because I don't have an answer for you).

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    The battle end speech isn't really meant for that. It's only for one-liners. So no, there's no easy way to put a monologue in there.
    If you say there is no easy way - is there a hard way? because depending on how hard, I'd try if you gave me a hint where to start. If not - OK,
    but thanks anyways

1. I have no idea, and it'd be even harder anyway to do it just for signs.

2. Again, I don't know. I'm just answering these two in case you think I overlooked them on purpose (which I did, because I don't have an answer for you).
    I'm sorry if you thought i was addressing you and I admit when I read over it again i sounds as if i was speaking about you, criticizing you for overlooking it. That was not intended! In fact I was just looking for help from anybody else since you didn't know.
    So please don't be offended or something =)

Sichlor

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    If you say there is no easy way - is there a hard way? because depending on how hard, I'd try if you gave me a hint where to start. If not - OK,
    but thanks anyways
    I may have been thinking of something else. Try looking here, and noting what it says for "EndSpeech" (there can be more than one). A lot simpler than I thought.

My comment still stands, though. I don't think it's really meant for monologues.

I'm sorry if you thought i was addressing you and I admit when I read over it again i sounds as if i was speaking about you, criticizing you for overlooking it. That was not intended! In fact I was just looking for help from anybody else since you didn't know.
    So please don't be offended or something =)

Sichlor
    No, I wasn't taking it personally. I just know some people get frustrated when their questions keep getting overlooked (even though it's usually for a good reason), so I thought I'd reiterate the reason people may not answer some questions.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • I need to get rid of the LV. beside the 25 in the example below. I'm using the Black and White version HP bars and as you can see the LV. part of charmander's LV.25 is covering the yellow LV symbol. can anybody tell me what script and how to get rid of the LV. text?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back