• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I haven't. Could you send me the script it's in just incase it fixes it?
    I put 3 different load screens into a .rar file. Just download it from the attachments.
    Just put them into the PokemonLoad script. If it still doesn't work, maybe I can help you through MSN or something.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Hey guys,
    I've a problem with the origin form of Giratina
    I added it to the script "PokemonUtilies" into "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies" and "pbPokemonIconFile" as getting told in the essential wiki. But when I now open the game, take Giratina and give it the Griseousorb, the game crashes
    The error is the following:

Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `pbPokemonIconFile' for #<PokemonIconSprite:0xbaaf760>
    PokemonSprite:86:in `pokemon='
    PokemonSprite:73:in `initialize'
    PokemonScreen:322:in `new'
    PokemonScreen:322:in `initialize'
    PokemonScreen:572:in `new'
    PokemonScreen:572:in `pbStartScene'
    PokemonScreen:570:in `each'
    PokemonScreen:570:in `pbStartScene'
    PokemonScreen:1179:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonMenu:155:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

You need a icon for the Origin Giratina forme. Or else it will give you that error.

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    Is there a new version of Pokemon Essentials?(Not the September 5 one) because whenever I try to leave a map it gives the update to a new Pokemon Essentials error.Also what is the limit of maps you can connect in the map editor?

Last edited:
    Years
    You need a icon for the Origin Giratina forme. Or else it will give you that error.

There is an Icon of the origin giratina form in the folder graphics\icons\ named "icon487_alt.png"
    if I delete the script for the icon, the error for the spirte occures when i open the detal-window of giratina, i think it's nearly the same error
    my giratina origin form is in graphics\battlers\, named "487_alt","487b_alt", "487s_alt" and "487sb_alt", all are .png

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey everyone!

I've got a problem with this:

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonEditor:32:in `get'
    PokemonEditor:71:in `pbGetSpeciesConst'
    PokemonEditor:700:in `pbSavePokemonData'
    PokemonEditor:667:in `each'
    PokemonEditor:667:in `pbSavePokemonData'
    PokemonSpritePos:68:in `pbSaveMetrics'
    PokemonSpritePos:134:in `pbClose'
    PokemonSpritePos:308:in `pbStart'
    EditorMain:236:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:234:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I hope this is easier than Day and Night support? Whch is for me.

BlackArceus

Trainer-Legende
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Counting steps

The RPG Maker had a option to put the steps number in one variable.

That's right, but it does no longer work with pokemon essentials
    In the meantime, I solved the problem about counting steps myself.
    For getting the amount of steps into the variable 150:

Search in the script for "increase_steps" everywhere and put the sentence " [FONT=&quot]$game_variables[150][/FONT]+=1" in the next line everytime (around 12 times). Then it should work properly.

BlackArceus

Trainer-Legende
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Hello everybody!
    Got another problem. I would like to create pokemon-specific egg-sprites. I already found the right place in the script where everything about the egg-sprite is handled (PokemonUtilities, Line 1492 onwards) but as I'm still pretty bad in working with ruby I would be really thankful if anybody could give me an example how to modify the script that an egg of a specific pokemon has its own egg-sprite.
    I already tried with this code, but it did'nt work:

if pokemon.egg? && isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:AZURILL)
    babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies)
    return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg2"))
    elsif pokemon.egg?
    return AnimatedBitmap.new(sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg"))

Thanks to everyone trying to help me!

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Help with exit door.

Hey everyone!

I've got something down. It's about my last reply.

Now I need help with this error:
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT
    PokemonSystem:21:in `load_data'
    PokemonSystem:21:in `pbLoadRxData'
    Scene_Map:192:in `autofade'
    Scene_Map:210:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'
    Scene_Map:60:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Hey everyone!

I've got something down. It's about my last reply.

Now I need help with this error:
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT
    PokemonSystem:21:in `load_data'
    PokemonSystem:21:in `pbLoadRxData'
    Scene_Map:192:in `autofade'
    Scene_Map:210:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:103:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'
    Scene_Map:60:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:67:in `main'
    Check your connections.txt It's a problem caused due to a map being missing or deleted, but it's still linked to another map.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I have already been searching for solutions for my problem, but i sill don't know the answer.
    First, i had an error message which popped up when i entered a linked map. I read this thread fixed it by deleting the connection in the connections.txt file. However, now there is the following problem:
    (http without spaces)
    h t t p://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/Nemorus/connection1.png

As you may know, this is the map from the essentials called area1 and is connected to area2. I didn't change anything on this map. So if i step on the area2 map, this is gonna happen:

h t t p://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/Nemorus/connection2.png

I am on the other map, but it's all black... i can move on it and do everything, but i can't see it. After a battle the map appears, but then area1 is gone.

Can someone help me?

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    How I can make the centrain pokémon doesn't pop out from ball, but it goes from side?

Like in HG/SS and pikachu in yellow.

wanderring if anyone came up with a solution to this... ive checked posts after this one, but its a bit to time comsuming... if anybody can help, that would be great!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There is an Icon of the origin giratina form in the folder graphics\icons\ named "icon487_alt.png"
    if I delete the script for the icon, the error for the spirte occures when i open the detal-window of giratina, i think it's nearly the same error
    my giratina origin form is in graphics\battlers\, named "487_alt","487b_alt", "487s_alt" and "487sb_alt", all are .png
    If you're using one of the later versions of Essentials, there is already code for alternate forms. The wiki page on alternate forms only applies to older versions of Essentials. Quick check: if you have the script section PokemonMultipleForms, then you don't need to fiddle with the code. I strongly suspect you have a later version of Essentials, because you have the script section PokemonSprite.

What you need to do is get rid of any script modifications, and rename all your Giratina Origin icons and sprites to have "_1" at the end, rather than "_alt". That should be all you need to do.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have already been searching for solutions for my problem, but i sill don't know the answer.
    First, i had an error message which popped up when i entered a linked map. I read this thread fixed it by deleting the connection in the connections.txt file. However, now there is the following problem:
    (http without spaces)
    h t t p://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/Nemorus/connection1.png

As you may know, this is the map from the essentials called area1 and is connected to area2. I didn't change anything on this map. So if i step on the area2 map, this is gonna happen:

h t t p://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/Nemorus/connection2.png

I am on the other map, but it's all black... i can move on it and do everything, but i can't see it. After a battle the map appears, but then area1 is gone.

Can someone help me?
    If you are using a version made after 4/3/2010, you find this error. The better fix is to use a 4/3/2010 edition.
    See https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Connecting_maps for more info about connected maps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    If you are using a version made after 4/3/2010, you find this error. The better fix is to use a 4/3/2010 edition.
    See h t t p://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Connecting_maps for more info about connected maps.
    Thanks for the advise! I downloaded all versions of the essentials and tested them. The 3rd april 2010 version was a bit strange with audio, so i took the latest version from the wiki (from 5th september 2010). Now the connections work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back