• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Worked like a charm, thanks!

One more quick question. How can I remove the fading out transition when the title screen changes?
    For example I would like ['Pic_1','Pic_2','Pic_3'] to consecutively change without having each fade out , so it looks smooth in terms of animation. Right now it looks as though the sprite opacity dictates when the title screen changes, as it looks like it is coded as a trigger...
    In Scene_Intro trade
    Code:
    @item, @speed, @o_speed, @phase = 0, 15, 20, 0
    for
    Code:
    @item, @speed, @o_speed, @phase = 0, 270, 20, 0
    @delay=0
    And the
    Code:
      def intro_update
        # If C is pressed
        if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && @speed>=0
          @phase = @splash.nil? ? 3 : 2
        end
        # Updates Sprite Opacity
        @sprite.opacity += @speed
        # Changes Direction
        @speed *= -1 if @sprite.opacity >= 255
        # Change Sprite
        if @sprite.opacity <= 0
          @item += 1
          @speed *= -1
          @item == @pics.size ? 
            @phase = @splash.nil? ? 3 : 2 :
            setTitle(@sprite,@pics[@item])
        end
      end
    For
    Code:
      def intro_update
        delaymax=30
        # If C is pressed
        if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && @speed>=0
          @phase = @splash.nil? ? 3 : 2
        end
        # Updates Sprite Opacity
        @delay=0 if @sprite.opacity==5
        if @sprite.opacity >= 255 && @delay<delaymax
          @delay%2==0 ? @sprite.opacity += 1 : @sprite.opacity -= 1
          @delay+=1
        else
          @sprite.opacity += @speed
        end
        # Changes Direction
        @speed *= -1 if @sprite.opacity >= 255 && @delay==delaymax
        # Change Sprite
        if @sprite.opacity <= 0
          @item += 1
          @speed *= -1
          @item == @pics.size ? 
            @phase = @splash.nil? ? 3 : 2 :
            setTitle(@sprite,@pics[@item])
        end
      end
    You can change the line "delaymax=30" to other value if you like to the pictures to stay longer on screen.

Qig

Years
  • Ok, after fixing the problem I had previously, I've encountered another one - this one dealing with double battles.

I was able to fix the problem in double battles where only one Pokemon would attack, however now I'm encountering a new problem.

Whenever one the trainers (the enemy trainers or the partner I have registered for the battle) loses a Pokemon, they won't switch into there other Pokemon. After this happens, a bunch of different things will happen depending on what Pokemon fainted. If my partner loses a Pokemon, I can't attack, and one of the enemy trainers can't attack. If one of the enemy trainers lose a Pokemon me and the other enemy trainer can attack, but my partner can't attack.

EDIT: I was able to fix this problem by myself, also. meh

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, after fixing the problem I had previously, I've encountered another one - this one dealing with double battles.

I was able to fix the problem in double battles where only one Pokemon would attack, however now I'm encountering a new problem.

Whenever one the trainers (the enemy trainers or the partner I have registered for the battle) loses a Pokemon, they won't switch into there other Pokemon. After this happens, a bunch of different things will happen depending on what Pokemon fainted. If my partner loses a Pokemon, I can't attack, and one of the enemy trainers can't attack. If one of the enemy trainers lose a Pokemon me and the other enemy trainer can attack, but my partner can't attack.

EDIT: I was able to fix this problem by myself, also. meh

How did you manage it, i have the same problem?

Invokez

Formerly Known as SytheXP
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    Does anyone have a DPPt/BW move list, I recently updated my pokemon and they include the newer moves. Was just checking to see if anyone has already release a moves.txt that includes the newer moves. I have begun working on my own and If there are no complete versions I will continue mine and release it when done I guess. Let me know :) thanks in advance.

Just realized the latest version of essentials already has it. Will be upgrading my project hope it all goes well...

Last edited:

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    Day/night error

i try to go to a map that has the outside medata on it in rpg maker xp and it comes up with

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
    PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
    PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'

i got rid of the other stuff

Invokez

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    The following error occurs...
    Code:
    Interpreter:509:in `command_end'
    Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:191:in `update'
    Interpreter:104:in `loop'
    Interpreter:196:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `update'
    Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:107:in `update'
    Scene_Map:63:in `main'
    Scene_Map:60:in `loop'
    This occurs when I try to transfer the character from Oaks lab f2 to oaks lab f1. The transfer method is a basic warp/SE/screen displaye (Go to black screen) I isolated it to this event due to I can still warp to the map from pallet town or via debug menu just not from the second floor. I am not sure what could be the cause of this. The only other events are a basic move player and give player pokemon/pokedex event. It was working fine until I upgraded to my more recent version of poccils kit (the most recent revision of it) any ideas on how to fix it?

Also I can warp from f1 to f2 no problems, just when I try to go back to f1 this happens. Im pretty sure its a simple error but idk...

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    i try to go to a map that has the outside medata on it in rpg maker xp and it comes up with

Pokemon Essentials
    PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
    PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
    PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
    PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
    PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
    PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
    Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
    PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
    Shadow:179:in `update'

i got rid of the other stuff
    As far as I'm aware, that's a problem that a certain version(s) of Essentials has. You'll need to switch to a different one, since I don't know that anyone has actually fixed the error in that version. Of course, it looks like you could go through and remove the day/night system to fix it, but you probably don't want to do that. On a side note, thanks for condensing the error. No one does that for some reason.

@Invokez: if it's just that one event that's causing the problem, then I'd recommend removing the event and remaking it. If that doesn't work (which it probably won't), you may want to downgrade back to an older version of essentials. So I'd find the version you used before and get the Scripts.rxdata file out of the Data folder and put it in the project you have now, that way you don't lose the updated move list or anything. I'm not 100% on the compatibility though.

Invokez

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    IDK why only that one warp wont work and the others are fully functional :/ Ill try to remove/remake it then if that doesnt work I will attempt to downgrade.... Thankfully I have this all backed up just in case.

EDIT:Tried to switch out the warp with a pre-existing one that worked and it still gave the error. Switched out the script data and it works again. So all is good I guess.

Last edited:

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    As far as I'm aware, that's a problem that a certain version(s) of Essentials has. You'll need to switch to a different one, since I don't know that anyone has actually fixed the error in that version. Of course, it looks like you could go through and remove the day/night system to fix it, but you probably don't want to do that. On a side note, thanks for condensing the error. No one does that for some reason.

@Invokez: if it's just that one event that's causing the problem, then I'd recommend removing the event and remaking it. If that doesn't work (which it probably won't), you may want to downgrade back to an older version of essentials. So I'd find the version you used before and get the Scripts.rxdata file out of the Data folder and put it in the project you have now, that way you don't lose the updated move list or anything. I'm not 100% on the compatibility though.
    thanks. i switched to an older one. flying doesn't seem to work. in the medata i set it up at one point. i try to fly there but it doesn't work.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    thanks. i switched to an older one. flying doesn't seem to work. in the medata i set it up at one point. i try to fly there but it doesn't work.
    That problem was touched on a while back, so I don't really remember all the particulars, but make sure you have healing spots set up for each of the outdoor maps, and use the townmapgen thing. The latter can be a bit difficult if you don't do everything EXACTLY right. It took me a while to get fly destinations working when I first tried it out. So try out those two things, and you should be good to go.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I've got a bit of a problem, and I think that a script could help me out here.

I've just finished reorganising the Pokédex for my game - cutting it down from 493 to 200. This includes reordering, replacing and outright removing certain Pokémon.

I've edited Pokemon.txt to reflect these changes, and it all works well. The big problem though: renaming, reorginising and removing the cries and graphics so they match up with the new Pokdex numbers.

I started to do this manually, but a few hours later I realised this would be a monumental task. So I thought that a script could do what I wanted to achieve. I was thinking something like this...

1. Store the Pokedex number and name of all the Pokemon from an unedited pokemon.txt (as well as indexing this information with files in an unedited Battlers and SE folder). Essentially, to store information from the old pokemon.txt based on Pokemon names rather than numbers. Let's call this information...
      • Old_ID (the main identifier, used to find which cry/graphic belongs to which pkmn)
      • Old_Name
      • Old_Cry
      • Old_Graphic1
      • Old_Graphic 2
      • Old_Graphic3
      • Old_Graphic4
      Of course, in conjunction you'd have new folders/files like...
      • Old_Battlers
      • Old_SE
      • Old_pokemon.txt
    2. Find the values from the CURRENT pokemon.txt, and where Current_Name = Old_Name, replace all graphics and sounds for that Pokemon, basically ignoring the new numbers. The idea is that this script is only run once.

I know it's a big ask, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out in writing such a script. It would be useful for anyone looking to rearrange the Pokedex, and would save dozens of man hours.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • I want to reposit sprites and it tells me:

PokemonSpritePos:62:in `refresh'

PokemonSpritePos:181:in `pbSpecies'

PokemonSpritePos:174:in `loop'

PokemonSpritePos:194:in `pbSpecies'

PokemonSpritePos:300:in `pbStart'

PokemonSpritePos:299:in `loop'

PokemonSpritePos:307:in `pbStart'

EditorMain:236:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:234:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:234:in `pbEditorMenu'

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've got a bit of a problem, and I think that a script could help me out here.

I've just finished reorganising the Pokédex for my game - cutting it down from 493 to 200. This includes reordering, replacing and outright removing certain Pokémon.

I've edited Pokemon.txt to reflect these changes, and it all works well. The big problem though: renaming, reorginising and removing the cries and graphics so they match up with the new Pokdex numbers.

I started to do this manually, but a few hours later I realised this would be a monumental task. So I thought that a script could do what I wanted to achieve. I was thinking something like this...

1. Store the Pokedex number and name of all the Pokemon from an unedited pokemon.txt (as well as indexing this information with files in an unedited Battlers and SE folder). Essentially, to store information from the old pokemon.txt based on Pokemon names rather than numbers. Let's call this information...
      • Old_ID (the main identifier, used to find which cry/graphic belongs to which pkmn)
      • Old_Name
      • Old_Cry
      • Old_Graphic1
      • Old_Graphic 2
      • Old_Graphic3
      • Old_Graphic4
      Of course, in conjunction you'd have new folders/files like...
      • Old_Battlers
      • Old_SE
      • Old_pokemon.txt
    2. Find the values from the CURRENT pokemon.txt, and where Current_Name = Old_Name, replace all graphics and sounds for that Pokemon, basically ignoring the new numbers. The idea is that this script is only run once.

I know it's a big ask, but I was wondering if anyone could help me out in writing such a script. It would be useful for anyone looking to rearrange the Pokedex, and would save dozens of man hours.
    Rather than do all that, you could just set up a regional Dex containing your 200 Pokémon, which relates to region 0. All Pokémon in "pokemon.txt" needs a "RegionalNumber" line, where the "junk" Pokémon have it equal to 0 (i.e. "not in this region").

This assumes your entire game has just the one region in it, although it's not difficult to make it work with more anyway. You can leave in the "junk" Pokémon just as they are, and simply not refer to them in any way (i.e. make encounters for them).

It's not as tidy as reorganising everything, and the game file will be larger than necessary (about 5MB, most of which are the cries; you can always delete the unused ones, though) but it's certainly quicker to do. Copy-paste is your friend.

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    That problem was touched on a while back, so I don't really remember all the particulars, but make sure you have healing spots set up for each of the outdoor maps, and use the townmapgen thing. The latter can be a bit difficult if you don't do everything EXACTLY right. It took me a while to get fly destinations working when I first tried it out. So try out those two things, and you should be good to go.
    thanks. i will try. but the townmapgen thing doesn't really work for me.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Thank you very much Maruno; can't believe I forgot about the regional Pokedexes. What's sad is that I had actually completed the majority of that script, lol. Overcomplication is bad indeed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I'm having another problem regarding something that's been in Essentials since the very beginning; jiggling events.

I'm not sure why it happens (it doesn't in normal RGXP games), but events in Essentials seem to 'lag' behind the player. Easy way to see it: create an NPC, set your screen size to small and walk around it. The NPC jiggles like crazy, almost as if the game is struggling to keep it aligned with the scrolling map.

You can notice it without resizing the screen, but its not as dramatic. For stuff like doors though it's really jarring, and I can't believe no one's mentioned it before.

I asked about this one a few years back, but have found no solution. Anyone have any ideas?

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Ok so I try to encounter random pokemon in the wild (trying to do a battle test essentially) and I recieve the following errors.

This occurs during normal play not play test.
    Code:
    Name Error occurred while running script.
    uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE

Playtest error is here

Code:
    Exception: NameError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
    PokeBattle_Move:644:in `pbFromPBMove'
    PokeBattle_Battle:338:in `eval'
    PokeBattle_Battle:338:in `initialize'
    PokemonField:449:in `new'
    PokemonField:449:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:776:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player_:447:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:66:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `update'
    Exception: NameError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbFromPBMove'uninitialized constant PokeBattle_Move::PokeBattle_Move_FE
    PokeBattle_Battle:338:in `eval'
    PokeBattle_Battle:338:in `initialize'
    PokemonField:449:in `new'
    PokemonField:449:in `pbWildBattle'
    PokemonField:776:in `pbOnStepTaken'
    Game_Player_:447:in `update_old'
    Walk_Run:66:in `update'
    Scene_Map:101:in `update'

Is this fixable and could someone walk me through it? I am guessing there is an undefined move/pokemon or a name conflict but Im not sure... Im not pro at scripting and definately not at reading the error messages...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Is this fixable and could someone walk me through it? I am guessing there is an undefined move/pokemon or a name conflict but Im not sure... Im not pro at scripting and definately not at reading the error messages...

That's not a normal error. If you tell us what scripts you've tried to edit than maybe we could help you out more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back