• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    What you're looking to find is the Width and Height lines in module Graphics but, you need it to remain double the size, so for Forever Lost I used:
    @@width=512
    @@height=384

But you need to go to line 132 or so and change it to $ResizeFactor=1.0 instead of $ResizeFactor=2.0 I think, in the same script.

Got it working, thanks alot!

Years
  • I know this is a newb question, but... :u

I want to figure out how to change the color of the text in the battle menu.

^ To show you what I'm talking about.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    "Pokémon Essentials supports two kinds of animated images: GIF files and specially designed multi-frame images. Animated panoramas and fogs, for example, allow special effects such as twinkling stars in the night sky, or moving sand, and so on. Animated GIF files should have an extension of 'png'. To allow other kinds of images to be animated, add "[X]", where X is the number of frames in the animation, to the beginning of the image's file name, and make a horizontally arranged image of each frame in the animation. For example, a four-frame panorama might have the name [4]MyPanorama.png, and the panorama's image would show the four frames of the animation, arranged horizontally."

Can anyone clarify this for me?I would really like to take advantage of animated PNG files but I just adding prefix to the file names doesn't do the job.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I've been looking around and trying to find out how, but I'm having terrible luck at finding the answer.

I went into SpriteResizer in scripts and set my resolution to:

@@width=240
    @@height=160

But all it did was make the window smaller, but had the resolution the same.

Any way I can change the window size and resolution like you can in Options (In game)?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In latest versions of Essentials, the PBS use the symbol "'" in some descriptions that aren't displayed right, most notably in King's Rock name. There a way that I can make the compile substitute this symbol for one correctly displayed without change the PBS files? I thinks that is related with safequote or gsub.
    I don't blame him. It's a bit messy, and there's not enough comments to really tell you what's going on.
    I agree, and sometimes he put code duplicity like in PokemonDefaultItems.
    But poccil really make a very useful starter kit.

For the day/night tinting i have this.
    Spoiler:

but at 8 o clock PM, it still has the evening tint instead of night
    The first time is at midnight right? Or am i off by an hour?
    In theory I think yes and the last one is midday. Look at these comments:
    Spoiler:

But now the kit calculates the shade based in latitude and longitude.

I've been looking around and trying to find out how, but I'm having terrible luck at finding the answer.

I went into SpriteResizer in scripts and set my resolution to:

@@width=240
    @@height=160

But all it did was make the window smaller, but had the resolution the same.

Any way I can change the window size and resolution like you can in Options (In game)?

But he is very active in other forums and communities.

It's easier in script PokemonOption change the "@screensize=1" to "@screensize=0"

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Hey I am making a game I just need to know how to connect maps.I know you use visual editor to connect the maps but when I play the game after I have connected the 2 maps I try to walk to the map and the map is black can someone help plz.Thats the vid showing how it looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OUsJcSgxCI

Moved into the Essentials thread where it should be.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 27, 2014
    Setting a tileset to have a Fog causes connect maps to overlay the fog, and I get this...

Any help would be appreciated.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Setting a tileset to have a Fog causes connect maps to overlay the fog, and I get this...

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, there's rather rudimentary way to do it, but it will probably cause some lag. You could display the fog through events only, and set events at the boundaries of the maps that should have the effect to turn off/on when appropriate (probably turning it off when you leave a map and back on when you arrive at the next). The only alternative would be to play with the connections script, but I've never even looked at it so I can't help there. And I imagine it'd be rather finicky given some of its quirks, as well as the fact that it's doing some pretty advanced stuff for and RMXP script.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Is it possible to make the Trainer have to have a double battle in a cut scene regardless of whether they have two or more Pokémon in their party at the time or not?

Also have it not crash doing so?

Edit: Also, forgot something important... It there anyway to make an event happen when the player stops moving? In my Walk_Run script I have a variable called:
    Code:
    $DefaultBicycle = 2

Obviously, 2 is a little slow. The bike accelerates, adding 0.4 to it's speed each step and stopping after it reaches 6.0 (If it surpasses that speed, I also have code that forces it back to 6.0 to avoid bugs)... It works great, and the speed resets when the players get's off the bike... But it the player accelerates and then stops moving, then starts again they start moving at 6.0 again! Any ideas?

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Is it possible to set multiple coordinates for a map on the regionmap?
    Lilipup is able to be encountered on route 1, which is 1 map and uses two tiles on the regionmap. When I check the location of it's nest, it only shows it's catchable in 1 of the 2 tiles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Can anyone tell me the script to make the first pokemon in the party follow the trainer like in hg/ss?

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Hi!
    Does someone know what is this?

The message goes out always on having trodden on the grass of a route.

---------------------------
    Mapeo
    Exception: TypeError

PokemonRoaming:170:in `[]'

PokemonRoaming:170

PokemonRoaming:168:in `each'

PokemonRoaming:168

PokemonRoaming:162:in `call'

PokemonField:25:in `trigger'

PokemonField:24:in `each'

PokemonField:24:in `trigger'

PokemonField:779:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player_:447:in `update_old'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

I believe that it is the Pokemon Essential of January 2009.

The only thing that I changed some time ago into PokemonRoaming was this:

RoamingAreas={
    #mapa 538 = ROUTE 24 KANTO
    #mapa 539 = ROUTE 25 KANTO
    538 => [539, 538],
    539 => [539, 538]
    }
    # Example:
    # (Species, level, switch number)
    #AL ACTIVARSE SWITCH 148 Y 149 APARECEN LATIOS Y LATIAS EN LOS MAPAS DE ARRIBA AL NIVEL 50
    RoamingSpecies={
    :LATIOS => [50,148],
    :LATIAS => [50,149]
    }
    end

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hi!
    Does someone know what is this?

The message goes out always on having trodden on the grass of a route.

I believe that it is the Pokemon Essential of January 2009.

The only thing that I changed some time ago into PokemonRoaming was this:

RoamingAreas={
    #mapa 538 = ROUTE 24 KANTO
    #mapa 539 = ROUTE 25 KANTO
    538 => [539, 538],
    539 => [539, 538]
    }
    # Example:
    # (Species, level, switch number)
    #AL ACTIVARSE SWITCH 148 Y 149 APARECEN LATIOS Y LATIAS EN LOS MAPAS DE ARRIBA AL NIVEL 50
    RoamingSpecies={
    :LATIOS => [50,148],
    :LATIAS => [50,149]
    }
    end
    I would direct you back to Maruno's post on the last page, but I went ahead and tested the code you have instead and found that it didn't give me any errors (I used a pretty old version too). Try getting a new copy of the kit and replace PokemonRoaming with one that hasn't been edited and try again. If that doesn't work, you could just replace the Scripts file in the Data folder with one from an unedited kit (since you said you haven't made any script changes, you shouldn't lose anything).

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    Not sure if this is the right place,I have few battle graphics in .png format how do I convert them to .anm format to include them in the game

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • A friend of mine was Bug Testing my game, and he ran across an error:
    (Spoilered due to large size)
    Spoiler:

He said he got this error when he was exiting the Player's house. I followed the same process. Started a new game and tested it, and no error. Does anyone know what this error is and/or how to fix it?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    In latest versions of Essentials, the PBS use the symbol "'" in some descriptions that aren't displayed right, most notably in King's Rock name. There a way that I can make the compile substitute this symbol for one correctly displayed without change the PBS files? I thinks that is related with safequote or gsub.
    Someone can help me with this?

A friend of mine was Bug Testing my game, and he ran across an error:
    (Spoilered due to large size)
    Spoiler:

He said he got this error when he was exiting the Player's house. I followed the same process. Started a new game and tested it, and no error. Does anyone know what this error is and/or how to fix it?
    He is using the Windows XP and you the Vista/Seven, isn't? See https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Error_messages#undefined_method_.60.2B.27_for_nil:NilClass

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm sure there is a way to make Essentials automatically replace one type of apostrophe with another (or the font could have an alternative apostrophe added to it), but the simple solution really is to just edit the PBS files. Just do a "Replace", search for the non-working apostrophe and replace it with the working one. There's no need to look through the thing manually.

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    hello, I'm creating a few games that i want to connect together via a single server, but when I tried to set up the server it tells me that i didn't input any servers, and I followed the instructions right down to a "T", So can anyone help me with this problem? btw I'm using the Hamachi method.

*edit: ok I've figured out my first problem and encountered a second, when I registered into my server and gone to log in, this happened
    Pokemon Essentials
    Script 'Interpreter' line 274: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 18 (Pokemon Center):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section125:581:in `pbStartScene'undefined method `[]' for #<PokeBattle_Trainer:0x4f0c958>

***Full script:

NetworkScreen.new.startConnect
    Kernel.pbSave(true)

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonNetwork:554:in `loginScreen'

PokemonNetwork:958:in `startConnect'

PokemonNetwork:950:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonNetwork:950:in `startConnect'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1583:in `eval'

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'

Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'

OK

I can't understand this problem and I need help.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back