• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Yes, you could just copy and paste over the scripts, but to be honest, you're better off doing it the old fashioned way. If you haven't done much changing in scripts you'll be fine.

The thing is, I copied everything, but all of my movement permission settings and battle backgrounds don't work anymore. It's a lot of work to do that all again.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Jeez,that was every simple thank you very much,I don't understand why did it set the weather to sand automatically?.Does it decide based on the tiles I use or something like that? It didn't do so for other indoor maps,and I used the same indoor tiles(the one that's given in Pokeessential to make both of them.)
    Weather is determined by one of the metadata for each map. One of the example maps has a sandstorm on it, and that's probably the map you came across.

Essentials will never "guess" at what kind of weather to use.

The thing is, I copied everything, but all of my movement permission settings and battle backgrounds don't work anymore. It's a lot of work to do that all again.
    If you're using the new versions of the scripts, battle backgrounds/bases go in a different folder now (Battlebacks). Just move them across. A few other files now go in different folders too, so check through the changelist to see what's been moved.

As for copying tilesets from one game to another, simply right click-"Copy" and right click-"Paste".

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Help me.
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

What happened to the textbox? I used GIMP.

Himalama

Ghost and Psychic type addict
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    Weather is determined by one of the metadata for each map. One of the example maps has a sandstorm on it, and that's probably the map you came across.

Essentials will never "guess" at what kind of weather to use.

If you're using the new versions of the scripts, battle backgrounds/bases go in a different folder now (Battlebacks). Just move them across. A few other files now go in different folders too, so check through the changelist to see what's been moved.

As for copying tilesets from one game to another, simply right click-"Copy" and right click-"Paste".

I have actually already copied my tilesets, but not the priorities etc. which is an awful lot of work...

Never mind... Took some hours but I did it. However, the battle scene is still not fixed. The opponent is still floating above its 'platform'...

Last edited:

TwistedArachnid

It's a one hit wonder!
    Years
  • I apologize if any of these have been posted already, but I searched and found nothing (and with 373 pages, I can't read everything). I just started a game with Essentials and was wondering...

1) The title music doesn't play (despite changing it in the database), is there just a script I could insert? Every search came back telling me to hit up the database... Nevermind, it plays during the game...

2) Is there a way to play an intro or animation before displaying the start screen? Like a mini movie of sorts that people could skip or watch? (Could I just put in an animated gif in my title screen display and it'd show that? Or should I do something different?)

3) Can I change the sound effect of when people select to start or continue a new game (only those choices) to something? I wanted to make it a pokemon cry, kinda like Yellow did with Pikachu and Silver did with Lugia.

Thanks!

(edited: I think I figured the answers to my first two questions (though if I'm wrong, I welcome advice)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2016
    I guess this has been asked many times, but where can i find a fully working (nearly completed) tileset from HeartGold/SoulSilver? Can't seem to find one anywhere, and that one i did find had a lot of missplacing.

PS: And yes, credits will be given ;D

TwistedArachnid

It's a one hit wonder!
    Years
  • I guess this has been asked many times, but where can i find a fully working (nearly completed) tileset from HeartGold/SoulSilver? Can't seem to find one anywhere, and that one i did find had a lot of missplacing.

PS: And yes, credits will be given ;D

I did a quick search around the net and I'm not finding a complete set. People seem to only make one or two things (pokemarts or centers or gyms) and that's it.

These are the best two I could find:
    triple wnewtiteuf[dot]deviantart[dot]com/art/Pokemon-HG-SS-Tiles-126571116
    triple w[dot]pokecommunity[dot]com/showthread.php?t=250695

and a Gym leader guide
    triple w[dot]serebii[dot]net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym.shtml

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • HTML:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 2, map 50 (Silent Forest BF5):

Section096:567:in `pbCheckEvolutionEx'undefined method `obtainMap' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x526d978>

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonEvolution:594:in `pbCheckEvolution'

PokemonField:350:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonField:347:in `each'

PokemonField:347:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonTrainers:505:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonTrainers:485:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonTrainers:485:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:760:in `eval'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:760:in `command_111'

Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

I got this message. If anyone can help me decipher what it means and help me fix it, it would be really awesome! Thanks in advance!

Oh, and btw, if you need more information I can post screenies of the events.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    HTML:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 2, map 50 (Silent Forest BF5):

Section096:567:in `pbCheckEvolutionEx'undefined method `obtainMap' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x526d978>

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonEvolution:594:in `pbCheckEvolution'

PokemonField:350:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonField:347:in `each'

PokemonField:347:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonTrainers:505:in `pbTrainerBattle'

PokemonTrainers:485:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonTrainers:485:in `pbTrainerBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:760:in `eval'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:760:in `command_111'

Interpreter:293:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    I got this message. If anyone can help me decipher what it means and help me fix it, it would be really awesome! Thanks in advance!

Oh, and btw, if you need more information I can post screenies of the events.
    Have a look in PokeBattle_Pokemon to see if you can find the phrase obtainMap. There should be 3 instances: one attr_accessor at the top and two near the bottom. If not, add them in (see the latest version of Essentials for what should be there).

When testing the game, make sure you've started a new game to test with. The newly added obtainMap value won't be set for Pokémon in your old savegame, so when the script tries to compare this value to something (and then stop evolution if the Pokémon was obtained on a particular map, i.e. your starter), it won't find the value and will throw a wobbly instead.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • Thanks for the answer-unfortunately, I can't find obtainMap in PokeBattle_Pokemon. I even used the find tool, which should find an exact result. I think that I might have a completely outdated Essentials, do you think this is the case?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2013
    rpgmaker xp help

i have the pokemon essential set and i noticed that there the script called scene_movie
    as told i made the folder in root called Movies
    and have made a successful avi video entitled INTRO as the script says

the part i am confused is how do i call a script from an event?

do i click scripts on the 3rd page on the event and type the input code
    Call Script: $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO")

i tried that but my screen remains black when i start it obsly the title came up

i am try to make an opening like those of pokemon game the logo and intro video then of to the screen to press start any idea i am helpless.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As this is more of a question concerning about Pokemon Essentials, let me move this to the appropriate section as this isn't really an introduction. I think I moved it to the right place >_<

Moved.~

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Thanks for the answer-unfortunately, I can't find obtainMap in PokeBattle_Pokemon. I even used the find tool, which should find an exact result. I think that I might have a completely outdated Essentials, do you think this is the case?
    You do, yes. Fortunately, this particular fix is quite easy. As I said, there are 3 instances of it in that script section. Just look in the latest version of Essentials and copy-paste the appropriate lines.

For completeness, you may also want to do the same for obtainMode and obtainLevel. The three are only used to make up the big of text in the summary screen, so if you're not using that there's no need to do anything other than define them.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • EDIT: Ugh, sorry for being a total scripting noob. V.V I can't figure out where to copy and paste it to. Do I just copy and paste the 3 instances+obtainmode and obtainlevel to the bottom of the script, or do I need to copy + paste to a special area?

My Essentials
    Spoiler:

Latest Essentials
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

TwistedArachnid

It's a one hit wonder!
    Years
  • I can't say for sure (as I haven't tried it yet), but from what I've read, you upload it like BGM and it should open in a new window and play. I dunno if anyone can confirm it. Good luck!

Edit: Here's a walkthrough I found. Just remove the [dots] and replace them with .'s

triple W [dot]rpgrevolution[dot]com/forums/?showtopic=11987

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2011
    So i want to ask you something. How do you make when you choose a starter to be like in Diamond and Pearl, that little cut-scene. You open it up, 3 Pokeballs apear, you choose a Pokemon and you fight?

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
    Years
  • 2-Use the script:
    Code:
    pbChoosePokemon(ZZZ,3)
    $game_variables[ZZZ]=pbGetPokemon(ZZZ).happiness
    To show in textbox use \v[ZZZ]
    Change ZZZ for some variable.
    Be sure to check if this choice is cancelled or if this pokémon is an egg.

Thanks for the script, but that shows the happiness by a exact numbered quantity, and I actually want my event to rate the hapinness by phrases like in the games, for example:

"It is super friendly to you! I'm a bit jealous!"
    "It is quite friendly to you! You must be a kind person!"
    "It's friendly toward you. It looks sort of happy."
    "It's quite cute."
    "You should treat it better. It's not used to you."
    "It doesn't seem to like you at all. It looks mean."

Source: Bulbapedia

Years
  • Hi,
    how can I make my tileset to be the one that comes up when I edit the terrain tags in the editor? It always chose automaticly the wrong tileset ...

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    So I remade my whole pokemon map into a new tile i downloaded, and after I combined two maps using the visual editor option.I tested it out if it works but the problem is the 2nd map doesn't show when im on the very top of the first map, but when I move up a little bit the 2nd map looks like its merging the first one. (I'm sorry I suck at explaining my problems i'll put pictures up)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back